pixeltracker

What if the PrEP advocates were ... right? - Page 2

What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#25What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 6:37pm

PalJoey said: " 

SweetLips--I think the plan is to ignore him. It's not ignorance--it's trolling for indignant responses. You just fell into his trap. Would you mind erasing your post and joining us in ignoring him?

PJ you are the most respected member here[my observation] and note your response but sometimes I just can't resist to bite back. Occasionally you just want to slap someone, so this is my passive aggressive response to stupidity.

x

"

FindingNamo
#26What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 7:32pm

Is there a chance that you could maybe not keep doing this to this thread, pp?  Thanks in advance.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

FindingNamo
#27What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/3/15 at 9:05pm

Robbie is talking about his experiences on PrEP.  What's going on in his circle regarding the strategy.

You entered the thread to say you were thankful you didn't need to worry about it, you were glad you aren't a ho, you don't hook up with a lot of randoms, and gosh, is a urinary tract infection and STD?  I supplied you with resources.

You continue to sideline what could be a good thread with your off topic side topics.  I am contributing to your success at doing this by trying to address this in a rational matter with you.  If you could PLEASE stop doing that in this thread, a thread that is discussing a topic that could have a profound effect on real people's lives (and yes, real people PROFOUNDLY different from you, we get it, you're different) it would be appreciated.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#28What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 12:43am

I've been on Prep...specifically Truvada for about a year and I am still 100% negative.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#29What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:10am

Isn't it an expensive drug? I am not sure all insurance companies even cover it.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#30What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 7:17am

It's covered in the US Some insurance companies require pre approval. From what I've read the one problem with access here has been some doctors are unwilling to prescribe it.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 8:22am

Truvada is indeed pretty expensive. Even with my (pretty decent!) insurance, it would cost about $350 a month.

However, Gilead, the company that makes the drug, provides a discount card that can reduce the cost by up to $300. But that's only if you have insurance.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#32What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:24am

I believe most US insurers cover this, but the hoop jumping of pre-approval is often required.  I have also read that a lot of providers don't know much about it as prophylaxis, many AIDS-focused practices only have experience prescribing it as treatment, and are often turning people away because they feel uninformed.  Or they're sex phobic.  It doesn't take all that long to get informed about the topic and with such, provider trainings will be more common.

I only wish Carlos Alberto could see this thread but he has my posts and threads I start blocked.  I think he might have had something valuable to add if he could have seen it.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:25am

He's actually replied to this thread.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#34What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:25am

LMEGIAIAO

FindingNamo
#35What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 9:27am

I'm glad to hear it, Kad.

CarlosAlberto
#36What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 5:15pm

I don't have anyone blocked anymore.  I don't want to argue with anyone on this board. I'm tired of it. But yeah, I did post a message on this thread. It's a couple of posts up.

Updated On: 9/4/15 at 05:15 PM

FindingNamo
#37What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 1:19am

Well, I for one, forgive you.

CarlosAlberto
#38What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 2:11pm

Thank you Namo. I appreciate that. I am sorry I was such an asshole. 

FindingNamo
#39What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 6:17pm

I'm told I was an ahole one time in here.  I must have been ambien posting. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#40What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 11:41pm

Someone should start an ongoing thread called "Can the Adults Take Ambien?"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#41What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 12:02am

Ambien is one of the few drugs that don't agree with my constitution.

AEA AGMA SM
#42What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 12:34am

Ambien was great for me for getting my insomnia under control, though I did have the amnesia episodes that were fairly widely reported. Mostly texting and not being aware, but once I did drive to a gas station and buy a pack of cigarettes.

AEA AGMA SM
#43What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 12:34am

Ambien was great for me for getting my insomnia under control, though I did have the amnesia episodes that were fairly widely reported. Mostly texting and not being aware, but once I did drive to a gas station and buy a pack of cigarettes.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#44What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 6:35am

Do you smoke?

CarlosAlberto
#45What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/6/15 at 8:02am

Ambien is way too strong for me to take. I was taking it during a very rough period in my life when my anxiety level was high and I couldn't get any sleep but I was always struggling to wake up and get out of bed - - - it made me sluggish. I didn't experience the amnesia episodes that were widely reported.

I don't really take or need prescribed medication (besides the Truvada) I'm healthy and take pretty good care of myself.

FindingNamo
#46What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/10/15 at 7:36pm

“The time for cautionary speculation is over: HIV prevention services should be expanded worldwide by offering PrEP routinely to those who could benefit.”

Another look at the very good news:

http://fenwayfocus.org/2015/09/proud-study-proves-preps-efficacy-in-real-world-setting/?utm_content=20515080&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Updated On: 9/10/15 at 07:36 PM

FindingNamo
#47What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/16/15 at 12:22pm

GLAD (the heroic one with one A), has filed a suit on behalf of a gay man denied insurance because of his desire to use Truvada as PrEP. 

THANK GOD FOR GLAD. 

http://www.glad.org/current/item/doe-v-mutual-of-omaha

Updated On: 9/16/15 at 12:22 PM

FindingNamo
#48What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/24/15 at 10:22pm

Just heard a pretty sophisticated discussion of PrEP between a serodiscordant male couple on "How to Get Away with Murder" (a show I gave up on after a few episodes last season).   Put the likes of "Looking" to shame.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#49What if the PrEP advocates were ... right?
Posted: 9/25/15 at 10:02am

Oh God, I LOVE that terrible, bonkers-ass show!!!  And they handled the PReP thing well...and without hysterics.  And THEN (spoiler ahead) it turns out Ms. Viola Davis's new love interest is Ms. Jean Grey from The X-Men movies!  PReP not included.  

Videos