New Bates Motel

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#50New Bates Motel
Posted: 3/25/14 at 11:23pm

"how is nobody talking about last night's episode!?!?! WTF!?!?!"

I know! I was wondering the same thing when no one posted after me. I loved how Freddie acted out that whole mental transitioning episode into his mother. It made me think of the scenes in Psycho when we would see and hear him arguing with her in both voices. Creepy!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Broadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
#51New Bates Motel
Posted: 3/26/14 at 9:09am

I was wondering if the house burning was the sheriff's house?

The whole Norman in bed with his mother scene was unsettling.

Christine is up to no good. She's too obsessed with Norma.

Norma is hiding more about her brother. There's doubt now in my mind if he's really Dylan's dad.

Norma knows how to play Norman to get her dirty deeds done. She plants seeds in his little psycho head.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#52New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/1/14 at 5:54pm

Anyone watch last night? It wasn't as strong an episode as usual. I thought it was interesting that Norman is both beginning to turn into Norma and turning against her at once.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#53New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/1/14 at 8:58pm

I agree, last night's episode really didn't go anywhere. We found out it was the sheriff's house that got burned down and that Norma's new friends are all in the drug business, hence their wealth. And lots of sex happening. Certainly not their best work last night.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#54New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/7/14 at 11:03pm

I liked tonight's episode. So the whole town's govt. is corrupt.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#55New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/7/14 at 11:05pm

Much like NYC

Seriously, I am dvring them all and will than do a a Bates marathon. Same thing with Hannibal

Poster Emeritus

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#56New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/8/14 at 12:11am

Tonight's episode made up for last week's poor episode. Things are getting interesting between Norma & Norman, and these blackouts of Norman's are starting to surface. We'll see how him killing Cody's father comes through. I just think it sucks that this season is only 10 episodes and that despite just being renewed for a third season, we'll only see 10 episodes next season, airing in February 2015.

Bates Motel renewed for 3rd season.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#57New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/8/14 at 12:17am

Roxy, thank you so much for screwing up a thread on a favored TV show with your political viewpoints. Sometimes just keeping quiet is a SMART thing to do.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#58New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/8/14 at 8:50am

Roxy, you didm't even watch the show and you're commenting on it.

Anyway, yeah, I think it's interesting watching the changes in Norma and Norman's relationship. Can't wait until he spends more time as Norma.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#59New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/8/14 at 1:28pm

Again, Mr. Roxy is pulling focus...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#60New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/8/14 at 3:45pm

"Last night's episode really didn't go anywhere"

Huh? Dylan got hit by a car and discovered his boss is Claire from 90210, Norman got laid, and Alex and Norma had smokin' hot chemistry. A lot happened last week.

This week's episode was great. I love the scenes between Alex and Norma. The whole town is corrupt storyline wasn't shocking, we got a few glimpses of it last year. Cody didn't know that Emma was gong to hurt herself, but she's completely reckless and annoying. I miss Dylan interacting with his family, but I'm curious to know what she wants from him. At the end when Norman most likely killed Cody's father, he didn't black out, unlike the other times he has hurt people. I wonder if anyone will really believe him. I'm so glad this was renewed, but 10 episodes isn't enough!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#61New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/8/14 at 4:16pm

Shame on you, ACL! You got it wrong. Wrong I tell ya!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#62New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/15/14 at 4:53pm

So what do we think is the secret to what's the matter with Norman?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#63New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/16/14 at 1:40am

Haven't you seen psycho? We know what's wrong with him. The fun in this is seeing him get to that point.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#64New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/16/14 at 5:32am

Ha, exactly!!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#65New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/16/14 at 8:50am

"Haven't you seen psycho? We know what's wrong with him. The fun in this is seeing him get to that point."

um, yes I've seen Psycho. Have you read this thread?

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#66New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/16/14 at 9:58am

This Monday's episode was my favorite so far. Some outstanding, intimate work from Farmiga, Highmore, and Carbonell. It keeps getting better.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#67New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/16/14 at 10:17am

I agree! But only 3 more episodes. Not fair. New Bates Motel

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#68New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/20/14 at 11:13pm

I just hate how we're only getting 10 episodes a season and that we'll have to wait until next February for season 3.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#69New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/21/14 at 1:52am

I'm wondering how many seasons they are planning on doing. They are approaching where Norman is becoming the Norman we know. Highmore at times almost seems to be channeling Perkins! Is it Norman that does Norma in?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#70New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/21/14 at 9:16am

I've been wondering the same thing, SNAFU. About how old was Norman in Psycho? Freddie as Norman is still in high school, so there are several more years to cover!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#71New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/21/14 at 10:47am

The thing is Norma in Psyhco was dead for quite a while .Though he did wear a grey wig....

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#72New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/21/14 at 11:02am

He had to be at least in his 20's or 30's in the film.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#73New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/21/14 at 11:03pm

omg, I literally just got chills up my spine when he was walking down the stairs calling Mother. I thought I heard his voice as a woman's the second time he said Mother.

And how did we like that scene fixing the shower curtain? LOL!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#74New Bates Motel
Posted: 4/21/14 at 11:04pm

Tonight's episode was off the wall crazy. So good!!!! I have to wonder where this whole pot thing is heading & if Norman really did murder Mrs. Watson.

Videos