pixeltracker

Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?- Page 3

Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?

javero Profile Photo
javero
#50Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/10/16 at 7:53pm

Just for you Petra.  Michelle Obama and Melania Trump pictured together at White house

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

A Director
#51Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/10/16 at 11:20pm

Javero and Petra -

I told myself in this time of coming darkness (not nighttime), I was going to be kind to people; your posts are making me struggle.

Well, one for the road, I could not possibly care what Melania wears to balls.  So, what if she speaks 5 languages; she's an idiot in everyone of them.  The claim she has a college degree is a lie. And Javero, your plea for Melania to jumpstart the textile industry makes me vomit.  She could care less.

I should try to pity you, but I don't have the strength.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#52Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 12:47am

This thread is a choking-back-tears, slapping-the-counter ugly laugh that I really needed.

So this racist, fearmongering, pathologically dishonest, borderline-illiterate, fascist sexual predator who is about to become our president... How will his wife bring ~*glamour*~ to the White House?

Dying. 

Updated On: 11/11/16 at 12:47 AM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#53Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 1:01am

Sorry, still getting through the whole thing and the line I am most obsessed with is "Melania has already upped the fashion stakes nationwide."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Melania has really upped the stakes for what kind of cloth she drapes over her frame! Just like her husband has upped the stakes for brown people who want to remain alive for another year!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#54Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 5:14am

Fredericks of Hollywood is slated to design her gown.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

javero Profile Photo
javero
#55Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 8:34am

Perhaps if she had hit the scene sooner she would have been able to save the company from bankruptcy.

#MissedOpportunities

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#56Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 8:44am

javero said: "Just for you Petra.  Michelle Obama and Melania Trump pictured together at White house

"Thanks!  She looks GLORIOUS here!!  Michelle looks nice too!  I think the real fashion influences though will be Ivanka and Tiffany. They both have their own styles.  Ivanka is more Business sheik,  Tiffany more flirty and young.  Can not recall any first daughters being so spot on Fashion wise and I think the big Fashion Houses will be knocking down the door trying to dress them.  Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?

When They Go Low, I Go High

javero Profile Photo
javero
#57Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 9:09am

Petra,

The Obama daughters have been quite the trend setters style-wise and would have been even more so had they been 18 or over at the time of their dad's first inauguration.  But, I tend to agree with you, all of the Trump ladies are poised to become style-stars, especially Ivanka and Tiffany.  That said, I still believe that Melania is within the sweet-spot age-wise to completely slay the DC social scene.  Arguably, the bigwigs in town tend to skew older than in places like NYC and LAX.  Just think of all the wives of the Senators and Representatives who will either quietly envy or emulate Melania.

Melania is going to cast a spell over the region.  Hopefully, she'll breathe life into the joke known as DC Fashion Week.  Please check out a local Anna Wintour-wannabee's blog entry below for more on that topic.

Haute on the Hill

Updated On: 11/11/16 at 09:09 AM

Petralicious
#58Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 9:25am

A Director said: "Javero and Petra -

I told myself in this time of coming darkness (not nighttime), I was going to be kind to people; your posts are making me struggle.

Well, one for the road, I could not possibly care what Melania wears to balls.  So, what if she speaks 5 languages; she's an idiot in everyone of them.  The claim she has a college degree is a lie. And Javero, your plea for Melania to jumpstart the textile industry makes me vomit.  She could care less.

I should try to pity you, but I don't have the strength.

"You sound like redneck who thinks a Latina is dumb because she speaks with accent, meanwhile she knows 2 or more languages and the redneck is barely good at one. and Newsflash,  European Schools are way better than horrible American Schools. They actually teach History, Arts, Languages and do not give out Trophies for attendance. 

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#59Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 9:48am

Scarywarhol said: "Just like her husband has upped the stakes for brown people who want to remain alive for another year!"

This is definitely threadjacking on my part, but... have you forgotten that Obama has been sending drones to kill people in the Middle East - many of them completely innocent - for years? One of them was an American teenager; after the fact, a member of the Obama administration explained that it was his fault for having a bad father (who had earlier been killed by a different drone).

Why don't I hear constant uproar from liberals/progressives about this? Why do the objections seem to come mainly from libertarians - and even the occasional Republican? That is not to the progressive movement's credit.

I despise Trump, but I don't think anyone can in good conscience deny the fact that the difference in evil is a matter of degree. Obama has done plenty of butchery.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#60Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 11:32am

...but back to topic

I hope she'll borrow Gaga's meat dress and Sia's big black bow.

#stunning

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#61Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 12:48pm

All I know is the celebrity guest list and entertainment at the ball will be the who's who of who's that? Scott Baio, Gary Busey, Tila Tequila, Stacey Dash, and The Duck Dynasty. Who wore it better-Ann Coulter or Tila Tequila?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

A Director
#62Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 1:36pm

Petra -

You mock, ""You sound like redneck who thinks a Latina is dumb because she speaks with accent, meanwhile she knows 2 or more languages and the redneck is barely good at one. and Newsflash,  European Schools are way better than horrible American Schools. They actually teach History, Arts, Languages and do not give out Trophies for attendance."

I'm white, Jewish and liberal.  I don't think a Latina is dumb because she speaks with an accent.  As for you, you sound  empty headed  and shallow.

Petralicious
#63Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 1:59pm

Updated On: 11/11/16 at 01:59 PM

Petralicious
javero Profile Photo
javero
#65Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/11/16 at 4:56pm

Her life will never be the same.  The threats are likely the tip of the iceberg.  Her father is the most polarizing figure on the planet right now.  Deja vu.  Life for the Obamas has not been a walk in the part either.

Wilmingtom
#66Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/14/16 at 1:22am

Fredericks of Hollywood?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#67Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/14/16 at 8:37am

Does a designer risk hurting their brand by dressing the Trumps?  Might celebs avoid them because of it?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Petralicious
#68Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/14/16 at 9:41am

madbrian said: "Does a designer risk hurting their brand by dressing the Trumps?  Might celebs avoid them because of it?

" Interesting question.  But I think most people are fair. and do not believe "The sins of the father are to be laid upon the children" or his wife, or his designer. . 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#69Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/14/16 at 4:01pm

They actually teach History, Arts, Languages and do not give out Trophies for attendance.

That describes my public American school, which also taught agriculture, IT, trade skills and college-level advanced academics.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

javero Profile Photo
javero
#70Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/14/16 at 7:44pm

Petralicious, isn't it just awful what a public official in WV posted about the FLOTUS on FB?  It defies all logic considering that Michelle Obama has landed the cover of the Dec edition of Vogue.  I'm trying to go high here but there's a picture at the link.

Clay Development Official Resigns After Calling Michelle Obama "An Ape In High Heels"

Updated On: 11/14/16 at 07:44 PM

Petralicious
#71Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/15/16 at 10:13am

That is disgusting JAVERO. I dont understand what he hoped to accomplish with such a hateful remark.

MADBRIAN, I think NYTIMES has your answer about them avoiding the Trumps:

Not one designer contacted said they would not dress Mrs. Trump if she asked, though Ms. von Furstenberg noted that Mrs. Trump may not need anyone’s help. “I’m sure she knows what to do,” she said, given that Mrs. Trump is a former model.

Mr. Altuzarra, who pointed out that Ivanka Trump has worn his clothes, got a little tangled up in his negatives but said, “I don’t want to not dress people I disagree with.”

Mr. Wainwright echoed his words: “It would be hypocritical to say no to dressing a Trump. If we say we are about inclusivity and making American manufacturing great again, then we have to put that before personal political beliefs.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/fashion/donald-trump-melania-trump-anna-wintour-fashion.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Updated On: 11/15/16 at 10:13 AM

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#72Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/15/16 at 10:32am

I completely disagree with Mr. Wainwright's remarks. The American manufacturing industry and all of fashion will not suffer because designers who disagree with the Trumps political agenda refuse to dress them.

Those designers are just maintaining integrity. They have a conscious.

The designers who have no interest in dressing and styling the Trump women will just continue to dress other celebrities and public figures.

The solvency of the American Fashion Industry is not reliant on the Trump women. 

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable
Updated On: 11/15/16 at 10:32 AM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#73Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/15/16 at 11:23am

"The solvency of the American Fashion Industry is not reliant on the Trump women."

The issue in the context of a Trump administration is where the clothes will be manufactured and whether enough clothing & textile jobs will return to US shores.  We all know that Anna Wintour and the designers themselves don't actually make the over-priced garb that they peddle. They send out the designs to clothing manufacturers.  See Domestic vs. Overseas Clothing Manufacturers

A service economy alone is not going to return enough middle-class jobs to those mainly rural counties that overwhelmingly supported Trump.  We have to return to actually making products in the US other than bad movies, salon products, and apps.  Not everyone can work in theatrical/film production, in STEM jobs, in health services, or as bloggers.

I personally am not in favor of runaway protectionism but if NAFTA and similar trade agreements place any domestic industrial sector at a significant disadvantage in the international marketplace then I encourage President-elect Trump and his transition team to devise a plan to bring about parity.  Conversely, we shouldn't tolerate US-chartered multinational corporations squeezing small countries out of food production thanks to farm subsidies provided by US taxpayers.  Supporters of those subsidies have always claimed that they help offset the unbalanced tariffs that the US is subject to on imported food.  I'm not conflating the two issues either.  Tariffs are tariffs and I'm anxious to discover how Team Trump will sort it all out with respect to both textile/clothing manufacturing and food production.  If interested, there's more on the topic of farm subsidies from the Cato Institute at the link below.

Should the United States Cut Its Farm Subsidies?

Updated On: 11/15/16 at 11:23 AM

Petralicious
#74Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?
Posted: 11/15/16 at 3:09pm

Just saw The 60 Minutes Love the ladies outfits.

Like the NY TIMES article posted earlier said, they arent coordinated, but independent.  Ivanka favours pale colors, Milania bold primary, Tiffany basic black. What they have in common, is a great fit.  They all have trim athletic bodies, and emphasize them tastefully.

Which Designer Will Dress Melania for the Inaugural Ball?

Updated On: 11/15/16 at 03:09 PM

Videos