News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

DOWNTON ABBEY Season 3 Discussion Thread - SPOILERS WITHIN- Page 9

DOWNTON ABBEY Season 3 Discussion Thread - SPOILERS WITHIN

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#200DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/18/12 at 11:08pm

I suspect you can't find it yet, because according to the link you provided, it just aired tonight... DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread Sky is really going after ITV's Downton audience I see--but I admit I'll prob check it out.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#201DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/19/12 at 5:24pm

"I always thought that it wasn't homosexuality itself that was illegal, rather the act of sodomy"

Almost certainly - my post was intended as a rough guide rather than being prescriptive. Gielgud got a lighter sentence than Turing since he was only procuring sex, whereas Turing admitted having had sex.

"Scripps, you are welcome at my dinner table, any evening."

Thank you Eric. I shall bring some of the wine I was drinking the other week that made me a "fun drunk"!

"Impossible things are happening every day!"

I've never seen Cinderella so that was a lovely interlude.

And that in turn reminds me that gay men were getting married long before any government or religion sought to legislate on what the term means.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#202DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/23/12 at 3:35pm

This really isn't news (or a surprise) but I thought I would post anyway. Let's hope they start wrapping the story lines up.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/downton-abbey-gets-fourth-season-order-from-uks-itv/

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#203DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/25/12 at 6:41pm

Just a reminder that tonight at 8:00 (eastern time) on all PBS stations is "Downton Abbey Revisited" hosted by Angela Landsbury. Basically a recap of season 1 & 2 and a preview of Season 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gf0a_juE5c

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#204DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/25/12 at 8:50pm

I remember rumors of Angela appearing as Violet's sister. Shame it hasn't happened.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#205DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/25/12 at 9:21pm

I want Judi Dench to be a regular. Oh, and I'd like to see Hugh Grant play Edith's future husband.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#206DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/25/12 at 9:28pm

I could see Judi Dench playing Lady Mary should the series take a forty year time jump. Tom Wilkinson for Matthew, and perhaps Helen Mirren for Edith. Maggie Smith would remain unchanged.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 11/25/12 at 09:28 PM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#207DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/26/12 at 12:59pm

The Daily Mail is reporting that Dan Stevens is leaving and will only appear in episode 1 of the fourth series.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/25/dan-stevens-downton-abbey-isnt-returning-season-4_n_2189024.html

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#208DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/26/12 at 1:18pm

AC-Do you think this has anything to do with his recent talk of how much he loves it here in New York and wants to stay? (I've seen a few interviews where he says that he'd love to stay. Maybe he's going to do just that.)

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#209DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/26/12 at 2:58pm

Just don't kill him off!

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#210DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/28/12 at 1:03pm

Can't wait!

http://www.itv.com/downtonabbey/news/christmas-comes-early-for-downton/

EricMontreal22
#211DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/28/12 at 3:52pm

Thanks for the link Romantico--nice to know (torrents willing) I can take a break from family on Christmas to watch.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#212DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/5/12 at 3:03pm

Next salvo in the ratings war:

ITV brings forward the start time for the Christmas Day special to 8:45pm, shortly before the deadline for final schedules. The BBC has to act quickly to rearrange its own schedules.
Downton dirty tricks campaign

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#213DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/5/12 at 3:48pm

Possible spoilers ahead

This made me smile

"Could romance be on the cards for Mrs Patmore?"

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/5553-downton-abbey-christmas-special-official-synopsis-revealed

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#214DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/12/12 at 9:50pm

I wish I knew this was on. Would have loved to see the entire segment. So weird seeing them out of character and in modern clothes. Everyone is so attractive. Thomas,just look at him! Hot Damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqqstQikutU

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#215DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/20/12 at 5:23pm

SPOILER

Here is a new teaser for the Christmas special.Looking for clues in some scenes. Looks like Branson might be moving on with a new love interest. Also looks like Thomas took a beating or was in some sort of accident. Looks so good. Can.Not.Wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOnX-DrD3kA

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#216DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/24/12 at 8:24am

Looking forward to tomorrow nights Christmas episode.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

EricMontreal22
#217DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/25/12 at 4:52pm

*waits impatiently for a torrent...*

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#218DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/25/12 at 6:41pm

SPOILERS

DAMN! They had better not kill ANYONE off in season 4. Two major characters in one season is too much! Saw this coming but still.

Updated On: 12/25/12 at 06:41 PM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#219DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/25/12 at 8:40pm

Just got in from dinner and so far where I usually watch there aren't any links yet.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Bluemoon
#220DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/25/12 at 9:42pm

Good grief, I just read a recap. We now know that Julian Fellows is the Grinch. I can't imagine watching this on Christmas night in the UK.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#221DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/25/12 at 10:00pm

This wasn't Julian's plan. I read where he did not want this outcome and the highly publicized swaying to sign on for a 4th season just wouldn't happen. I thought it was a pretty boring episode.

carolineorchange21 Profile Photo
carolineorchange21
#222DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/26/12 at 12:20am

Jeez, what an episode.

Is this when DA jumps the shark? I mean, really!

"...ah, gays and their wit. Hell must be a laugh a minute!" -Evie Harris
Updated On: 12/26/12 at 12:20 AM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#223DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/26/12 at 10:22am

I have to say also very disappointed in this episode. Filler, Filler and more Filler.

All this to culminate in a "Dallasesque" type of cliffhanger.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#224DOWNTON ABBEY Season (Series?) 3 Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/26/12 at 11:50am

It is now official Dan Stevens has not signed on for Series 4.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/downton-abbeys-dan-stevens-will-not-return-for-season-four/

Updated On: 12/26/12 at 11:50 AM

Videos