"NYC Prep" on Bravo

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#25re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 2:03pm

Like most womanizers, PC is obviously gay.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#26re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 2:08pm

And with all their money they can't get a hair cut? It seems like all the girls have the same long brown unstyled hair. Not cute.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#27re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 5:43pm

Kind of long, but a BRILLIANT recap!

http://gawker.com/5302025/nyc-prep--you-dont-know-how-it-feels-to-be-me?autoplay=true?skyline=true&s=i

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#28re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/24/09 at 11:33pm

Perfectly Marvelous: I know, right?! A 16 year old and her 18 year old brother in an apartment alone. Are parents really that stupid?

I'll have to second Emcee's yes. I can understand that you want your kids to be independent, but how does that work if you're still grounding them? (Yes, I admit I watched part of the episode today, as it was on repeat).

And danmag, that article was great...most of it sums up how I felt while watching the show.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

misschung
#29re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 9:34am

And how are they "independent" if their parents are still footing all the bills? It's like virtual independence.

Taylor's family looks possessed. I love when she was like "I'm just keeping my mouth shut, this is good for my social standing." wtf? lol.

I agree about Camille and Kelly - they seem the least obnoxious of the buch.

Jessie is a hot mess. IF she looks this busted at 17, she's going to be one hot MILF at 40...

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

LaurenB
#30re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 10:10am

"A 16 year old and her 18 year old brother in an apartment alone. Are parents really that stupid?"

Sadly, yes. I always think of that poor little missing Madeleine McCann, who disappeared from her hotel room while the parents were dining 100 yards away. I can't imagine leaving 3 small children in a hotel room alone, especially when one of them is big enough to open doors to strangers.

dramatothemax Profile Photo
dramatothemax
#31re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 2:16pm

I'm sure she has a rhinestone covered can of pepper spray, or maybe she owns a switchblade headband.

PiraguaGuy2
#32re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 2:33pm

I'm gonna punch that Sebastian kid in the ****ing face.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#33re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 2:40pm

A 16 year old and her 18 year old brother in an apartment alone. Are parents really that stupid?

Absolutely! Sometimes they're stupid AND crazy. Growing up, I had friends in high school who were brother/sister. Their father left their mother for another woman when they were toddlers and their mother was certifiably crazy. She made a living out of suddenly breaking to cause her car to get rear-ended to collect insurance money. She raised her kids to fear their father and anyone who knew them knew you never knocked on the front door. You had to go around to the back of the house. The mother insisted only their father would ever think to use their front door. Anyway, while the son was in high school and the daughter in middle school, the mother found some wealthy imbecile to marry her, but he hated kids and lived 60 miles away, so she told the kids they could have "their father's house" and packed up and left. End of story.

The interesting thing was, even in this affluent suburban area where we (mostly) grew up, my brother and I had so many friends with major issues and problems. Feeling like outsiders when we moved into the neighborhood, I guess we were sort of drawn to them. My parents were always sympathetic and we had a spare bedroom that operated something like a halfway house when a kid got kicked out of their house or possibly were in danger. My parents took part in keeping an eye out for this brother/sister team as well.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

StockardFan Profile Photo
StockardFan
#34re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 3:10pm

I'll jump on the Sebastian hate-train.

And yeah, danmag, that article was perfect! I absolutely cracked up at the author calling the public school girl "Rags McTattershanty"

KFTC!!!!!

degrassifan
#35re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:46pm

That article was hilarious! Especially the whole Jessi's thoughts/diary entries. Thanks for that!

Watched it a second time just because. Few questions/comments:

1. Taylor (aka Random Public School Girl)...why is she on the show??? I don't want to sound mean but when they showed her at her school & around her friends, I was like "Wow. There really is a difference between prep school kids & public school kids."

2. Speaking of Taylor, her mother has no backbone at all. If it was my mother, she would have yanked that Blackberry away from her & slapped her or something. At the age if 15, I would never have dared raised my voice at my mother.

3. Does Sebastian really think he is the sh*t?

4. I think PC is acting or he is seriously disturbed.

5. As for Jessi, was she really jealous of girls younger than her (i.e. Camille & Kelli)? I thought she was supposed to be top sh*t.

6. Did Kelli really memorize her credit card number? Also, notice how they talked about credit cards? This is why people enter debt. Why use a credit card for Chinese food? Seriously.

7. Camille must have done bad on her SATs because she seems like someone that would say her score on tv if she did extremely well. Or, she really did good (not good enough but pretty up there) and she's humble enough not to say what her score was.

8. I liked how Camille didn't apologize for being rich. Having money is a good thing.

9. Did the kids really meet at those functions or did they "meet" (as in they were cast, introduced to each other, and created a scenerio where they would meet while being filmed)?

10. The people aren't ugly...just plain looking.

That's all right now. I've been sucked in too. Of everyone in the cast, I still think Camille & Kelli are the likeable ones. Based on the previews, I think Kelli makes PC cry (in the scene where she tells him it feels like she's arguing with a chick or something like that).

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#36re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 5:10pm

"3. Does Sebastian really think he is the sh*t?"

As I watched the show I thought to myself, if I were 17 would I think he was the hottie that HE obviously thinks he is? I came to the conclusion that, no, I would have thought he was a total douchebag....

Here's hoping he gets his comeuppance at some point in the very near future.

Lily2
#37re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 5:18pm

This show makes me sad to be an NYC prep school student. Just know that some of us are sane and responsible, and we are scratching our heads in disbelief at some of what is going on on "NYC Prep".

misschung
#38re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 5:48pm

Don't worry, we believe you. I want them to do a "Westchester Prep" edition. It would likely cause me to breathe a sigh of relief that I'm no longer in high school...

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#39re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 8:04pm

Take it one step farther...not only did parents leave the brother/sister on their own, they had to consent to let the kids be filmed. Negligent parents who aren't even embarrassed.

Really, who would let their kids be on a reality show like that? What ever happened to parents protecting their kids? I'm totally appalled.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 6/25/09 at 08:04 PM

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#40re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/25/09 at 10:22pm

It also reflects so badly on all of those schools...when the casting notice first went out, most NYC private schools sent mass emails to all parents warning them about the show and how terrible it would make the kids look--looks like some thought they knew better.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

misschung
#41re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/26/09 at 10:17am

Jill Zarin's daughter, Ally, is friends with Kelli, I think. There's a picture of them together on Ally's blog. I could see Jill Zarin taking one look at that mass email and saying NO WAY!

I want to know which schools these kids attend. I'm wondering if they're going to touch on that boy who committed suicide at Dalton in February. That scene at the graveyard reminded me of it.

I think PC is a disturbed diva. He looks to me like the kind of kid that could go on a shooting spree at any given time.

Updated On: 6/26/09 at 10:17 AM

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#42re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/30/09 at 9:27pm

I am just wondering if PC is TRYING to act like Chuck Bass, or if it's just a coincidence. I think I may hate him more than the hair flipper.

And I just saw the Atlanta Housewives are coming back in July - and they showed Sherrie trying to rip off Kim's wig! AWESOMENESS!

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#43re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/30/09 at 9:52pm

Well, I haven't watched the episode yet, but I caught the previews at the end of the first showing, and apparently PC goes to Mexico and discovers that he's bi! What a shock. It's cute, almost. I remember when I was "bi" too!

I was walking down the street Sunday night and I swear Jessie and three very drunk friends told me they loved me. They were all very fakely tanned and ready for a cooch shot at the slightest provocation.

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.
Updated On: 6/30/09 at 09:52 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#44re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/30/09 at 11:47pm

Sebastian = biggest tool.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#45re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 6/30/09 at 11:50pm

I am just wondering if PC is TRYING to act like Chuck Bass

Probably.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

degrassifan
#46re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 12:50am

That b-day party looked boring.

Is PC for real? Everyone in NY has a therapist? LOL! And, why are his friends all older than him?

One day, Kelli and Taylor are going to look back and say "What was I thinking?" regarding Sebastian.

I saw the previews for the Real Housewives of ATL. Can't wait!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#47re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 2:58am

I'm an admitted frequenter of the hair flip and I can say that what Sebastian does doesn't even qualify. He kinda... shoves it out of the way. What a toolbag. All of them. I'm only about two years their senior and I want to punch all of them. If they went to my school, I would hate them not because they're rich or attractive (the latter being null and void seeing as they are some of the most unattractive teens I've ever seen), but because they are f*cking IDIOTS!
Updated On: 7/1/09 at 02:58 AM

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#48re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 5:13am

I still fail to see the attractiveness of Sebastian.

Then again, I think that may because I have a shield that deflects hair flipping, bs-ing-their-way-through-French toolbags.

Anyway, hooray for the new season of ATL housewives. This new season looks like it's going to be crazier than last - did anyone see that snippet where Kim almost gets her wig pulled off? :3

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#49re: 'NYC Prep' on Bravo
Posted: 7/1/09 at 6:20am

If they went to my school, I would hate them not because they're rich or attractive (the latter being null and void seeing as they are some of the most unattractive teens I've ever seen)

Seriously? They're not beautiful, but are average-to-attractive for teenagers. I don't know what teenagers you know! I suppose one could argue that the standards should be higher because a) they're on TV, and b) have boatloads of money, but otherwise, they're normal.

PC is hilarious. "In the prep school scene, [insert next random, probably untrue statement]." That, coupled with the Dawson's Creek-esque philosophizing, seriously made me laugh.

Videos