pixeltracker

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.- Page 6

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#125MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:33pm

Yes apparently in 2011 they are saying he was questioned for something by the FBI

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#126MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:35pm

Here's to the Boston-area police and first responders, including the MIT security officers.

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large.  Oy.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#127MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:37pm

And here's to the man/woman who found the blood on the boat, called the cops, who had the helicopter use thermal imaging to see the body in there. Meanwhile, I heard that the husband peeked in and saw the body. Either way, the cops couldn't find the kid and announced it earlier in the day. Good for them for following up on the lead.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#129MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:41pm

MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large.  Oy.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

songanddanceman2
#130MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:41pm

Jane the man who saw the blood is the credit on the news for calling yeeeah

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#131MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:42pm

OMG. Press conference: Just stated that the homeowner not only found the blood but looked INSIDE and saw the suspect. (Covered in blood.)

He is in serious conditon at the hospital (suspect)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#132MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:44pm

Well, the live coverage from boston just confirmed what I said. The officer who is speaking said that the man went out and saw the blood on his boat, lifted the tarp, saw a man covered in blood, and then phoned it in.

Here's to an alert civilian!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#133MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:47pm

"OMG. Press conference: Just stated that the homeowner not only found the blood but looked INSIDE and saw the suspect."

Yes, as I mentioned in my post above.

dramamama611
#134MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 9:49pm

which i didn't see when I posted it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

songanddanceman2
#135MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:07pm

So so glad the President has mentioned about the explosion in Texas, the news seems to have been lost due to the awful events in Boston

dramamama611
#136MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:11pm

I thought maybe it was just me being in Boston that wasn't hearing much about it.

songanddanceman2
#137MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:26pm

It was covered quite a bit here during the day it happened but then fell off the news feed. Just a terrible week really, my heart goes out to the US this week.

Just watching the news footage here in the UK of Boston live tonight then it comes up that an earthquake has struck China and 100s are feared dead, such a tragic week

~tiny~ Profile Photo
~tiny~
#138MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 10:45pm

New photo just released (on CBS) of suspect as he was apprehended and given meidcal help in the backyard....

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation" ~~ Edward R. Murrow

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#139MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 11:23pm

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
Updated On: 4/19/13 at 11:23 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#140MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/19/13 at 11:59pm

I'm just so glad we can close this chapter of the story and that the reports of him headed to NJ turned out to be false

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#141MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 5:30am

Amen, Eris.

....but the world goes 'round

dramamama611
#142MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 6:31am

They never thought he left the area. That was all media hype...or as likely, the public hype.

ie. His sister lives in Jersey and the police questioned her = OMIGOSH, they think he's coming here.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
dramamama611
#144MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:21am

Did you read the article? They won't be read RIGHT AWAY. They haven't even spoken to him -- can't even tell if he will survive.

"The public safety exception permits law enforcement officials to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation of a suspect and allows the government to introduce the statement as evidence in court. The public safety exception is triggered when police officers have an objectively reasonable need to protect the police or the public from immediate danger."

They will LIKELY only ask him about accomplices/terrorists groups that may be involved...none of which would affect his own trial.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#145MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:44am

Senators, McCain and Graham have released a joint statement this morning in which they appear to be advocating for a military trial.

"Under the Law of War we can hold this suspect as a potential enemy combatant not entitled to Miranda warnings or the appointment of counsel. Our goal at this critical juncture should be to gather intelligence and protect our nation from further attacks."

"We remain under threat from radical Islam and we hope the Obama Administration will seriously consider the enemy combatant option."

I watched the cable news channels all day yesterday and saw a lot of interviews with friends, former teachers, family members, estranged family members, but where's the guy whose car they carjacked? Where's the guy who was working in the 7/11 that they held up? Why wasn't the make/model and license plate number of the car they carjacked ever disclosed? Why was it first reported that the 19-year escaped the first shootout by car, accidently running over his brother in the process, and now it's being reported that he escaped on foot. Why would the two brothers shoot an MIT officer dead in an unprovoked attack, and then let the guy whose car they carjacked (and to whom they confessed to being the marathon bombers) go free? Really? Hmmmm. Those are just a few of the questions I have. Maybe it will all come together and make more sense to me once everything plays out. Let's see what happens.

Updated On: 4/20/13 at 09:44 AM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#146MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:04am

^ I watched the news at 11pm last night. Apparently, they didn't hold up the 7-11. They just happened to be there when someone else was.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#147MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:11am

They didn't rob the 7-11

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

FindingNamo
#148MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:13am

I am not a fan of not reading Miranda rights.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#149MIT and Watertown Police dramas, right now. No details yet, but 1 officer killed, 1 at large. Oy.
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:20am

"I watched the news at 11pm last night. Apparently, they didn't hold up the 7-11. They just happened to be there when someone else was."

Wow! That's some coincidence.

Videos