pixeltracker

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig- Page 10

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig

Phan2
#225Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:23am

No worries, skies.  Now that I'm looking more closely at The Daily Beast articles for both Michael and Darren, I think both articles are interviews, with a few comments by the writers of Michael and Darren's performances. 

Updated On: 7/22/15 at 05:23 AM

RussT2
#226Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:36am

"Is anyone going to Tayes opening or invited dress?"

I was at the dress rehearsal last night. Here's my 2 cents:

Taye Came out and for the first time I realized that Hedwig could kick my ass. This is a good thing. He immediately has a presence of power. Some of the dialogue and jokes have been rewritten for Taye (a Jeffersons tv show reference for one example) and there are a some funny physical bits of humor between him and Yitzhak that are new. The most interesting thing about his performance is that during some of the slower songs, he delivers the most soulful singing I've ever heard done in Hedwig. His "Wicked Little Town" was especially great. His chemistry with Rebecca Naomi Jones is very good too. They play off each other well, and she sounded especially good last night. She too was very high energy. So overall, the show has changed slightly to fit him, but it's still the same great show. David Binder came out before the show started to say that since this is a dress rehearsal there might be times where they stop the show to start something again, or to fix something, but it never happened. They just performed a great show without a hitch. My bf were lucky enough to be brought backstage say hi to JCM and Stephen Trask, and went upstairs to hang out for a few minutes with Rebecca  but best of all I got to try on one of the Hedwig wigs for a photo. I was in hog heaven!

Updated On: 7/22/15 at 05:36 AM

ChiTheaterFan
#227Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:57am

Very very excited to hear this great report!  Can't wait for tonight. M

thanks for sharing

skies Profile Photo
skies
#228Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 3:29pm

I could see an angry Hedwig who's bulked up physically to overcome the slights against her.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

timisimaginary
#229Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 3:39pm

so is taye sticking to the blonde look? or are they mixing in any darker colored wigs? also, is that a picture of you in one of taye's wigs, or one of JCM's? up til now, JCM has been the only one to sport the no-bangs version.

HedwigInch
#230Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 3:50pm

Stephen Trask tweeted a picture earlier. 

CollyFlour
#231Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 3:52pm

HedwigInch beat me to it. Taye looks good! Updated On: 7/22/15 at 03:52 PM

Phan2
#232Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 4:06pm

Thanks so much for the report.  It sounds like he's off to a good start.  I will be waiting patiently for an audio recording of any type, but now I really want to hear his "Wicked Little Town." 

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
ChiTheaterFan
#234Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:21pm

"Curtain call pic: https://instagram.com/p/5a7zYFJFhm/
 "

Yeah I might pass out. I can't believe I am going to be just a few feet from this in a couple hours. 

skies Profile Photo
skies
#235Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:28pm

https://twitter.com/TayeDiggs/status/623584880010657792

Taye looks like a warrior, doesn't he?

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

Phan2
#236Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:49pm

Amazing photos!  Thanks for posting!  Good luck ChiTheaterFan (on not passing out)!  You need to stay conscious so that you can post your comments here. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#237Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 5:55pm

I'm going tonight, too. Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Margo319
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#239Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:11pm

anyone know how the lotto was today for his 1st performance?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#240Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:17pm

Just checked online to see what available, basically nothing.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#241Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:21pm

it wasn't up on TKTS today either today. Darren Criss' & JCM's final performances weren't either, otherwise it's always been up at TKTS since NPH left.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ChiTheaterFan
#242Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:27pm

"it wasn't up on TKTS today either today. Darren Criss' & JCM's final performances weren't either, otherwise it's always been up at TKTS since NPH left."

It actually was. I think it was up, then off, then up again. I was checking the app out of curiosity because I'm hoping the theater is full. I'm guessing they released seats to TKTS later in the day. 

And earlier I checked telecharge out of curiosity. Only premium front row and far rear side mezzanine. (Or balcony. Don't remember.)

HedwigInch
#243Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:33pm

I definitely saw it on the tkts website earlier today. I didn't check if it went off and on but it was definitely there at some point. Discount was 50% at the time I checked.

ChiTheaterFan
#244Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:49pm

Sold out now!  The sign is up at the box office. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#245Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:52pm

Yay! Wonder how it'll be tomorrow and so forth!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#246Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 7:57pm

Definitely was on TKTS because that's how I got my ticket this afternoonLadies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig

Great energy inside the house right now. The crowd around me seems genuinely excited to see a very different Hedwig from what we're used to.

RussT2
#247Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 8:11pm

"so is taye sticking to the blonde look? or are they mixing in any darker colored wigs? also, is that a picture of you in one of taye's wigs, or one of JCM's? up til now, JCM has been the only one to sport the no-bangs version."

There's a little bit of slightly darker hair in certain areas of the wig. It looks only slightly different. The wig I had on I believe is JCM's from the HEDWIG movie. Definitely not a Broadway one.

skies Profile Photo
skies
#248Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 9:35pm

A sellout on his opening night is hopefully a good harbinger for the rest of Taye's run.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#249Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
Posted: 7/22/15 at 10:56pm

Not for nothing, but houses are always full on opening nights. Friends, industry, paying patrons, papering, etc. 

I hope Taye has a great run!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Videos