pixeltracker

Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act- Page 10

Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act

BSoBW2
#225re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 4:01pm

Why do I think that that is NOT your backyard, but rather your house?

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#226re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 4:02pm

No, that's actually Shosh's guest house. She stays there when she comes to visit. re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act

BSoBW2
#227re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 4:02pm

Why do you have Shoshana visiting?
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 04:02 PM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#228re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 4:05pm

I can't think of anything to say there that would be even remotely "swiss". re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act

Parks
#229re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 5:07pm

haha, Elphabuff.

I finally hung Steph's autographs on my wall on Friday when I was sick.

I won't shut up about them when my friends come over :-P

Back to Shoshana...

She didn't hit the high note in Defying Gravity and she didn't breathe correctly when I saw the show for the first time in March and Saycon was in when I saw it in July...so I'm REALLY bitter towards this diva!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 05:07 PM

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#230re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:27pm

Excuse me while I piss myself laughing...say it ain't so...I really hope it isn't true.

"So I'm talking to my friend and she's like:

"Did you hear what happened at the end?"
"No...?"
"They presented her with a signed red tracksuit!"
"Who did?"
"The cast!""

Updated On: 1/8/06 at 06:27 PM

Luckydave14
#231re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:32pm

Thats really funny

HatBoy
#232re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:47pm

Well, for the person who said that she didn't hit the high note in March, she's improved greatly since then.. tonight she hit an even higher note in a riff for the end of DG.

Eden Espinosa and NLB attended the show today.

In Popular, Megan gave Shoshana green and pink striped underwear.. and I think she breakdanced? (I couldn't understand my over-enthused phone call, esp. with bad reception)

And in One Short Day, when they opened the box of glasses it said "Bye Sho" .. so yeah.

For anyone cared about the unique stuff of the night.

:)

...now under the user "aawolfe".

greenegirl87
#233re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:49pm

Aww...yay! I am glad she had a good last show.

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#234re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:51pm

Shoshana mooned the audience after being presented with the pink & green bloomers.

And yes, the cast presented her with a signed red tracksuit. My ears were ringing with "Oh my god! Oh my god!"

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#235re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 6:53pm

I just spoke to my friend who was there

He said that she was incredible as usual re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act, you could tell she was sick, but it didn't really affect her performance.

elphieisperky
#236re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:02pm

Oh My God! This sounds so amazing, I would die to be there. I can't believe they gave her the tracksuit, that's priceless!

Broadway_Boy
#237re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:02pm

I was there. Shoshana didn't hit the last note in "I'm not that Girl", but that's the only way you could tell she was sick. Instead she sang the note an octave higher. Also during "For Good", Megan and Shoshana were crying alot. And at the end Megan gave a speech.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#238re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:06pm

i'm glad she got the sendoff she deserved.

PJ
#239re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:29pm

Shoshana gave an excellent vocal performance this afternoon. I know she has her haters here, but the audience at the Gershwin loved her. "Defying Gravity" today was probably my favorite out of all the renditions from her, Idina, Eden, Brandi, and Saycon, that I've heard. Very impressive.

Megan gave her pink ruffled underwear during Popular. After insisting she put them on, Bean stood up turned her back to the audience, pulled her skirt up, and ghetto flashed the audience her fancy panties. Oh, and during the hair toss, Shoshana started dancing as if she were in a club. It was hysterical.

All in all, a great performance. I'm now officially jazzed to see Eden on Tuesday.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#240re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:46pm

^ How many times could you possibly sit through WICKED? lol, it seems like you go atleast 2 times a week.

PJ
#241re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:51pm

Today was my first time back since October. And I'm only going again on Tuesday to see Eden's opening night.

greenegirl87
#242re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 7:51pm

Make sure to post how she does! I am very excited to see her next month.

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

wwasser
#243re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:23pm

It's a shame that many of the "new rock star" broadway stars arent trained well enough to perform on broadway...all i hear now a days is shoshana like performers not being able to finish a show...there are regional performers who know how to finish shows by singing properly..

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#244re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:28pm

Wwasser, Shoshana only missed about 20 performances total in her 1 year run, shes entitled to miss a couple. And just because she is sick doesn't mean she's not well-trained.

PJ
#245re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 8:40pm

Also, take into account that Shoshana never took a one or two week vacation like the originator did a few times.

And even when she was sick, she still sounded better than most performers do when they themselves are.

Videos