#251LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 8:41am

It must be misérables cold at Sundance.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Dave19
#252LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 9:11am

Showing up like that after all the sh*t she got on the internet, is really cool actually. It shows character.
And she does look like an Eponine to me. And to more people obviously.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Dave19
#254LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:08am

mmm that edited picture looks more like a highschool production Eponine though LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#255LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:09am

I think it's the coat collar!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#256LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:09am

I think it's the coat collar!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#257LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 12:31pm

I think it's safe to assume she wouldn't be doing her own hair, makeup, and wardrobe in a multimillion-dollar movie musical. They'll get her a new coat. Maybe even pay retail for it at fancy store like Kmart.

Still, her garb certainly "suggests" she looks the part.

Updated On: 1/21/12 at 12:31 PM

masterwolfie
#258LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 1:44pm

Looking the part is barely a third of it though...

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#259LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 2:31pm

It might be some sort of in-joke response to what must surely have been a ton of messages and tweets to her about it. And it doesn't prove anything, not even that she ever auditioned.

All it proves is that she doesn't mind showing up at a film festival looking like she grabbed an old, unflattering bathrobe on the way out the door.

I still think that if she was cast, we would have had confirmation by now. The media watches everything she does and something like a role in a major film wouldn't go unnoticed.

Updated On: 1/21/12 at 02:31 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#260LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 2:40pm

Yeah, I've been thinking this is a big "F U, haters," whether or not she'll actually be cast as Eponine.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#261LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 3:11pm

If it is a big "F U, haters," then I'm with her, LOL. Especially since the dominating reason used to justify why she is so wrong for the role is that she doesn't fit some stereotypical ideal of what the character should look like and general resistance to a, God forbid, POP star cast in a musical.

I know close to nothing of her work, so not saying opposing her casting is wrong and unfounded. But it all seems a bit knee jerk to me and based on poor evidence.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#262LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 3:22pm

Based on the official les mis website neither Taylor, Sacha or helena are confirmed for their supposed roles. I wonder if they will announced the whole famil together. I'd rather swift than lea michelle

SporkGoddess
#263LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 4:08pm

Please, Tom Hooper, just friggin' make the official announcements already. This "will they or won't they" is driving me crazy.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#264LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 4:16pm

I guarantee you Taylor's confirmation won't be an easy one to come by. In addition to being "hot" right now (meaning negotiations out the wahoo), they have to work out all the soundtrack recording issues with her record label. It won't be easy or fast. So the fact that she's not confirmed yet, doesn't surprise me at all.

What does surprise me is that they're shooting for a 2012 opening.

LOL

Updated On: 1/21/12 at 04:16 PM

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#265LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 7:11pm

My 'evidence' for not liking the idea of Swift as Eponine is that I've never heard her sing a song in which her voice was anything more than barely adequate and autotuned like crazy. Her version of 'O Holy Night' was so horribly out of tune that I had to turn the radio off when they played it. Her voice is flat and monotone with no vibrato at all. I like her songs but her voice is the weakest part of her act and she just doesn't have the pipes for Eponine.

Her getting the role would reek of nothing more than stunt casting, and given the amount of protest that's ensued, it would backfire horribly.

However, I've noticed that most articles have stopped mentioning her as being a possibility, including the one on the official website, so I'm starting to think it was all just a publicity stunt.

beautywickedlover
#266LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 8:06pm

It's still being mentioned in some.

http://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swift-sundance-pictures/

http://popcrush.com/taylor-swift-ethel-kennedy-film-sundance/

http://www.theboot.com/2012/01/20/taylor-swift-sundance-film-festival/

If she is negotiating, it might take a while for her because she wants to figure out how filming this movie can fit into her schedule. She soon has to rehearse for the Grammys and in late February and very early in March, she has promotional events for the animated film, 'The Lorax'. In early March, she has tour dates in Australia.

'Les Miserables' begins filming in March. If Hooper and the rest of the production crew want her to star in this film, they should begin filming Act I where Eponine and Cosette are children and wait till after her tour dates in Australia to begin filming the Act II scenes where Eponine and Cosette have grown up.

Updated On: 1/21/12 at 08:06 PM

random person 112
#267LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 8:11pm

Yes, sueb because frances had such a strong voice. Lets not destroy the girl completly she could surprise us.

Owen22
#268LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 10:00pm

I dunno, those links to news websites seem to be talking Swift's casting in definites.

You know why I want her in the movie? It might very well bring in people who wouldn't necessarily have chosen to see a "Les Miz" movie. And I want many people to see this film. I want the film to be a huge hit, if only so they'll make more movie musicals.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#269LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:19pm

I understand how the introduction of new fans who wouldn't have been as easily exposed to Les Mis and musicals in general had it not been for the film versions could be beneficial in the minds of many but, when it comes to Les Mis, I've been a selfish mofo. XD

I used to think, "who would want musicals to go mainstream?!" It's a terrible thought. Mainstream would mean musicals would have to be staged in sports arenas and tickets would sell out in minutes! LOL

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

jo
#270LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/21/12 at 11:20pm

>>>If she is negotiating, it might take a while for her because she wants to figure out how filming this movie can fit into her schedule. She soon has to rehearse for the Grammys and in late February and very early in March, she has promotional events for the animated film, 'The Lorax'. In early March, she has tour dates in Australia.<<<

First, Universal Pictures ( film distributor and Working Title Films's parent company) has committed to a December 7, 2012 WIDE release date which seems like a prize release date during the Oscar-bait season. In terms of flexibility, Universal Pictures has only one other wide release movie ( Untitled Judd Apatow comedy, due December 21, 2012) which it can possibly do some release schedule switching. But there are many factors that have to be considered if a switch is done or may need to be done.

Even if Taylor Swift is cast, I doubt that the whole filming schedule will revolve around her availability LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette                                                    ...Maybe in a minor way, but not so as to disrupt the entire production scheduling because the role may not really have an equivalent screen time as the leads?

Hugh Jackman is the lead star, not the actress who will be cast as Eponine, and yet he re-arranged his schedule to fit in his LES MISERABLES filming commitment. Fox producer Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced the successful XMEN franchise, has gone on record to say that the studio will fit in Hugh's Les Miserables commitment in the summer schedule filming for THE WOLVERINE and will start filming the blockbuster only after Hugh has completed his Les Miserables filming schedule. The Wolverine is undoubtedly seeking a likely late spring-early summer 2013 release schedule and would therefore need more legroom for its heavy CGI-special effects requirements during post production. I would imagine that if any re-arranging of Les Miserables filming will be done in a major way, it will be to accomodate the leads, not supporting actors.

Moreover, Hugh has said in an interview ( Theatre Talk with Michael Riedel) that he did not want an extension of his hugely-successful (box office-wise and critics-wise) one-man show partly because of his commitments for Les Miserables ( extended rehearsals and filming). Les Miserables seems like a dream project not just for the creative team and the producers, but Tom Hooper has said that he never thought the casting would draw so much interest from known film stars! I think those who are cast need to give a good deal of commitment to making sure the project realizes its goals in a big way!

Updated On: 1/21/12 at 11:20 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#273LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 1:09pm

I doubt she's just dropping by for coffee. I'd call that a confirmation.

beautywickedlover
#274LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/23/12 at 2:20pm

Like I mentioned earlier I am one of the few people on here who is looking forward to this. Having seen her live twice, she is a very talented singer. I think people should give her chance.

Videos