pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL- Page 11

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#250Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 3:03pm

Call_me_jorge said: "What about emily Padgett? She's currently in a jack O'Brien show."

She did an Instagram Live video about a month ago, and Jack O'Brien wouldn't give her an audition. He felt that she "wasn't the right type." Which is ridiculous, because Emily replaced Betsy in "Side Show" - clearly the same type.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#251Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 3:19pm

Betsy was supposed to be in side show???

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CindersGolightly
#252Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 3:31pm

She was. She chose to do "Bullets Over Broadway" instead.

Owen22
#253Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 3:36pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "That said, a Broadway actor turned television star making fun of Broadway fans is a little gross. It's like, they were once the hand that fed you, dude - enjoy your high tower in Los Angeles."

Oh please. Have you READ this site?  There is no way a good deal of our posts SHOULDN'T be made fun of!

BWAY Baby2
#254Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 4:10pm

Betsy Wolfe- all these pages on Betsy Wolfe?????- never heard of her.

CindersGolightly
#255Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 4:18pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "Betsy Wolfe- all these pages on Betsy Wolfe?????- neverheard of her."

Literally nobody asked.

10086Sundays
#256Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 4:27pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Ferguson's reading of post 100 is the funniest thing I have seen in weeks. That said, a Broadway actor turned television star making fun of Broadway fans is a little gross. It's like, they were once the hand that fed you, dude - enjoy your high tower in Los Angeles.

Still hilarious though.
"

Considering the vile way some people here talk about actors, they deserve to have it thrown back in their face on occasion.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#257Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 4:30pm

BWAY Baby2 said: "Betsy Wolfe- all these pages on Betsy Wolfe?????- neverheard of her."

Well, obviously that says more about you than it does about her -- especially since so many of us DO know.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#258Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 5:02pm

That said, a Broadway actor turned television star making fun of Broadway fans is a little gross. It's like, they were once the hand that fed you, dude - enjoy your high tower in Los Angeles.

I think he's just being funny, not malicious.  And for the record, commenting on the appropriateness of a stranger's career options is more than a little gross.  Hence, the video.

Betsy Wolfe- all these pages on Betsy Wolfe?????- never heard of her.

And?  Is that supposed to mean something to us?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#259Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 5:05pm

I think commenting on an actor's public career choices aren't gross at all.  It is kind of gross to speculate about her personal life, which a lot of ya'll are doing........

Mister Matt
#260Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 5:22pm

I think commenting on an actor's public career choices aren't gross at all.

Honestly, and I'm not being snarky, I just consider career choices to be personal, whether you have a career in the public eye or not.  The reasons she chooses one show over the other are her personal reasons and really don't require an explanation to the public.  Some choose to do so, as in the case of the Great Comet fiasco.  And some are leaked as tabloid fodder.  But who are WE to decide what roles are best for HER, even if our intentions are good?  For example, whatever you personally think of Frozen, if she had chosen it over Carousel because it's what she wanted for herself, her family and her career, I wouldn't call that a "horrible choice".  

I mean, I don't know if Caissie Levy's choices were literally Frozen or unemployment.  I just know that she chose that role for whatever reason she felt was right for her which may or may not align with my own choices, opinions or priorities.  Personally, I think it's great because I liked the film and I love the score and I believe the show will be a juggernaut and may possibly even do well at the Tonys if they make the right adjustments.  It could wind up like Lion King or Aladdin, but based on the recent overwhelming success of the film and on audience buzz of the tryout thus far, I think it be a commercial success at the very least.  And I don't see that as a bad thing for anyone involved.

GeorgeandDot
#261Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 5:31pm

Lol Frozen won't do well at the Tonys.  Not up against The Band's Visit or Carousel or My Fair Lady.  I mean, did you see the reviews?!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#262Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 5:40pm

You're not addressing his actual point, GeorgeandDot. He said it's not up to us to question an actor's career choices. Now don't you go changing topics you started lol.

*goes back to his popcorn*

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 9/20/17 at 05:40 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#263Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 5:44pm

If you choose a job that's in the public eye, you should expect the public eye to ponder your career choices. Lol. I agree it's personal, but that doesn't mean it's going to be. That doesn't stop myself from having a little interest in what their next job is. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GeorgeandDot
#264Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 6:06pm

Valentina3 said: "You're not addressing his actual point, GeorgeandDot. He said it's not up to us to question an actor's career choices. Now don't you go changing topics you started lol.

"

No it's not up to us to question their choices.... but we can still judge them for it.  No one's stopping us there.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#265Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 6:09pm

No one's stopping us from judging anything. I do think there's an interesting counter to what you said re: judging personal vs public lives of performers which MisterMatt brought up. Drawing that line is near impossible and will never be objective. Just my tiny two cents.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

GeorgeandDot
#266Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 6:15pm

I'm just saying that discussing whether or not an actress is pregnant or not is a bit gross.  I get that it happens, but I don't think it's ok to start rumors like that.

Mister Matt
#267Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 6:31pm

I think the objectivity is a conscious choice you'd have to make.  Whether you're willing to or not is something else.  At any rate, I'm not judging Betsy based on hypothetical choices because it's senseless and only a result of hubris.  I am judging GeorgeandDot for being a false prophet and hypocritical, but not based on anything he/she/it has NOT said or done.

GeorgeandDot
#268Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 6:42pm

Ooooh, a false prophet.  I'll put that on a business card.

Dollypop
#269Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 7:10pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Lol Frozen won't do well at the Tonys. Not up against The Band's Visit or Carousel or My Fair Lady. I mean, did you see the reviews?!"

HELLO, DOLLY! received bad reviews out-of-town and became one of Broadway's greatest treasures by the time it opened on Broadway. Thank you very much!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

GeorgeandDot
#270Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 7:13pm

Dollypop said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Lol Frozen won't do well at the Tonys. Not up against The Band's Visit or Carousel or My Fair Lady. I mean, did you see the reviews?!"

HELLO, DOLLY! received bad reviews out-of-town and became one of Broadway's greatest treasures by the time it opened on Broadway. Thank you very much!
"

Well I would hardly compare Frozen to one of the greatest American comedies.

DPE123
#271Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 7:19pm

GeorgeandDot said: "I'm just saying that discussing whether or not an actress is pregnant or not is a bit gross. I get that it happens, but I don't think it's ok to start rumors like that."

Agreed. I think that's the point where this all got a bit unfortunate and I feel bad for her that it's being talked about. Which is why I'm not sure JTF was right to give it a wider airing. But hey, time to move on maybe.

GeorgeandDot
#272Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 8:01pm

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, babe.

Mister Matt
#273Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 8:11pm

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

UncleCharlie
#274Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/20/17 at 8:24pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Valentina3 said: "You're not addressing his actual point, GeorgeandDot. He said it's not up to us to question an actor's career choices. Now don't you go changing topics you started lol.

"

No it's not up to us to question their choices.... but we can still judge them for it. No one's stopping us there.

What do you see as the difference between questioning and judging? When you judge, you either agree or disagree and if you disagree, aren't you by definition questioning what they've decided to do? This just sounds like mumbo jumbo to me.

Videos