pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 12

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

Melanie73
#275Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/19/17 at 10:01am

allshalldelight said: "I'm going to camp out tomorrow night for tickets to Wednesdays show, any tips on what to bring? I've never camped out for anything before. Are people bringing chairs and blankets and all that? Should I expect to sleep at all? Looking forward to it!

"

Bring whatever you think you're going to need in order to be comfortable!  A lot of people bring chairs, sleeping bags, blankets, things like that. Keep in mind, though, that if you bring those things, you'll have to find a place to keep them later (or have someone come pick them up), as the theatre doesn't allow those things inside.  Also bring an umbrella in case of rain.  Snacks might also come in handy!  As far as sleeping, you might or might not be able to sleep.  It really depends on how well you can sleep with things like noise, being in a different place, etc.

Best of luck to you, and have fun!!!

erredos_dedos
#276Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/19/17 at 1:01pm

I'll be in line on thursday June 22nd to get tickets for friday June 23rd, I need just one ticket but im willing to get a second ticket if anyone is interested please PM me or send me a twitter DM @erredos_dedos

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

Abbylou
#277Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/19/17 at 1:22pm

Still looking for 1 sro ticket for Wednesday night performance. Would be happy to pay for cost of your ticket/ dinner. Please pm if interested.

bennyb86
#278Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 11:00am

Did they start a new wristband policy for tickets?  I saw a post on IG and wanted to know if anyone has done the line lately.  That might stop some of the "i'll hold a spot for you" or friends showing up later. 

BackstageBrandon16
#279Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 12:48pm

Hello! I am looking for two SRO tickets for either performance this Saturday June 24th. If anyone is able to get two tickets we would gladly cover the price of your two tickets! If you are interested please PM me. Thank you! :) 

bwayandstuff
#280Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:18pm

bennyb86 said: "Did they start a new wristband policy for tickets?  I saw a post on IG and wanted to know if anyone has done the line lately.  That might stop some of the "i'll hold a spot for you" or friends showing up later. 

I witnessed this first hand while sitting across the street at Come From Away and had a friend rush this morning who confirmed it. A security guard came up with a clipboard and was writing people's names down in the order they were in line and asking to see ID. People were given wristbands and allowed to leave and come back if they wanted since their place was secured on the list on the clipboard. My guess is it's to deter people from camping out for almost 24 hrs.

Not sure how successful this is going to be because I can see people showing up the day before just to get a wristband and then peacing out until 10am the next day and I'm not sure how fair that is. It should be interesting to see where this goes...

Ajamet
#281Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:24pm

Yeah, when I showed up for the SRO line I was  excited and shocked the line was so short, but then the security guard came with a clipboard and  i realized there were about 10 ppl who had shown up gotten thier wristband and left 

bwayandstuff
#282Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:25pm

^^ Exactly what I would expect to happen and I can see it getting out of control quickly. I don't know what the solution is but it doesn't seem like the wristband scenario is the best. 

bennyb86
#283Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:26pm

bwayandstuff said: "bennyb86 said: "Did they start a new wristband policy for tickets?  I saw a post on IG and wanted to know if anyone has done the line lately.  That might stop some of the "i'll hold a spot for you" or friends showing up later. 

I witnessed this first hand while sitting across the street at Come From Away and had a friend rush this morning who confirmed it. A security guard came up with a clipboard and was writing people's names down in the order they were in line and asking to see ID. People were given wristbands and allowed to leave and come back if they wanted since their place was secured on the list on the clipboard. My guess is it's to deter people from camping out for almost 24 hrs.

Not sure how successful this is going to be because I can see people showing up the day before just to get a wristband and then peacing out until 10am the next day and I'm not sure how fair that is. It should be interesting to see where this goes...

"

Hmmmmm..... I could see that causing problems too unless they have security on guard 24/7 to keep track of the lines.  But I mean whats stopping someone from showing up to "camp out" for a future show like a day or so in advance like seems to have been happening.  I wonder how this will work.  Probably trying to avoid flights

Sydneyolivia
#284Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:27pm

What time were the wristbands given out? 

karissa3
#285Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:29pm

bwayandstuff said: "bennyb86 said: "Did they start a new wristband policy for tickets?  I saw a post on IG and wanted to know if anyone has done the line lately.  That might stop some of the "i'll hold a spot for you" or friends showing up later. 

This also makes it confusing to know exactly what time to show up now to "get in line" now that it's almost a metaphorical line... right? How early are they technically going to let people get their name on the list since they don't have to wait in line anymore? I hope that question makes sense. 

bwayandstuff
#286Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:30pm

It seemed like every time a few people showed up the security guard would walk over with the clipboard. Not sure where he was situated though. I want to say he was in the Shubert security truck that was parked in Shubert Alley facing 45th. I could be wrong though. There was a lot of security passing through to monitor the DEH line throughout the morning.

Sydneyolivia
#287Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 1:57pm

Since this is all so weird and confusing, someone please give updates soon/tonight. I'm guessing people are starting to get there now to wait in line for tomorrow's show, but the question is, when does the security guard come out? I was going to have someone wait for me and switch spots at night for Saturday's show, but they would be the one putting their name down and getting the wristband, so will that keep me from getting a ticket at all since they wouldn't have my information? Or could the person waiting for me give them MY name or not? Ugh this is stupid 

#288Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 2:03pm

With this new wristband thing can anyone give updates on what times people start getting there/should start getting there? What time will they start giving out wristbands for a specific show? And are people actually allowed to leave once they get their wristbands? Will it still secure their place in line? This seems unfair. 

froote
#289Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 2:18pm

Complaining about this is silly. Nobody wants a bunch of people camping out on the street every night, especially when the fanbase for this show is mostly teens. If people hadn't have started queuing ridiculously early then this wouldn't have happened. I said the same with the Hamilton cancellation line last year. There has to be a limit somewhere.

ameleigh
#290Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 2:21pm

So are they letting people get on the list and not physically wait in line anymore? I'm so confused!

mjgood4
#291Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 6:50pm

ameleigh said: "So are they letting people get on the list and not physically wait in line anymore? I'm so confused!

"

We're planning on waiting out after our evening show tonight so I'll post a report after

nkayyy
#292Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 8:05pm

I'm in line right now! So far there are 5 of us, split between matinee and evening shows for tomorrow. We don't know if they're going to offer us wristbands or not.  

phaseI
#293Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 9:32pm

Hi everyone! Looking to get two tickets for the Thursday (6/22) show and if some one (or two) people would be willing to wait in line, would be happy to cover the cost of each ticket plus tip.  Please PM me if available!  Thanks so much!

femur1995
#294Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 9:42pm

ameleigh said: "So are they letting people get on the list and not physically wait in line anymore? I'm so confused!

"

hmmm...yes...confusing.  Following!

mjgood4
#295Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 9:43pm

nkayyy said: "I'm in line right now! So far there are 5 of us, split between matinee and evening shows for tomorrow. We don't know if they're going to offer us wristbands or not.  

"

Got here at 9:30pm and we're number 16 and 17. Don't see an evening show if you want to be up front in the line. 

nkayyy
#296Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 9:57pm

mjgood4 said: "nkayyy said: "I'm in line right now! So far there are 5 of us, split between matinee and evening shows for tomorrow. We don't know if they're going to offer us wristbands or not.  

"

Got here at 9:30pm and we're number 16 and 17. Don't see an evening show if you want to be up front in the line. 

"

Yep, the first person got here in the morning, then more starting coming around 6. I got here around 7:30 and I'm #4 in line. Around 9, probably when shows were getting out, there was an influx of people. 

Fiyero13
#297Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 10:10pm

i heard a rumor that they're doing away with the SRO waiting system and just incorporating them in the digital lottery, can anyone confirm this?

Sydneyolivia
#298Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 10:26pm

No security guard yet? 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#299Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/20/17 at 11:49pm

Even if SRO becomes part of digital lottery, I think a line will still form but for cancellation similar to Hamilton. :/

Videos