pixeltracker

West Side Story revival?- Page 12

West Side Story revival?

Impossible2
#275West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 5:59pm

anewroomfortworoom said: "Impossible2 said: “Why would he need to go into rehab for sending a cropped photo to someone?

What kind of rehab is there for such a thing?
"

Rehabilitation —whether literally rehab or another avenue —implies to me the desireto change one’s behavior and to do the necessary work. Without a public statement saying as much, I feel no desire to support a show that casts him.
"

I think the fact that he cropped the photo so the person could not be identified already proves he knew what he was doing was wrong.

I am sure with all the furore there will be some kind of public announcement, though I doubt it'll be until after the case is done.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#276West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 6:34pm

Impossible2 said: "anewroomfortworoom said: "Impossible2 said: “Why would he need to go into rehab for sending a cropped photo to someone?

"

Rehabilitation —whether literally rehab or another avenue —implies to me the desireto change one’s behavior and to do the necessary work. Without a public statement saying as much, I feel no desire to support a show that casts him.
"

I think the fact that he cropped the photo sothe person could not be identifiedalready proves he knew what he was doing was wrong.

I am sure with all the furore there will be some kind of public announcement, though I doubt it'll be until after the case is done.
"

Well, it implies he thinks sharing the pic without cropping it would be wrong. As he was reinstated in his dance company, has been cast in a major revival, and about the only place you'll still know the issue occurred in on this thread, it would seem most people, male and female, don't much care.

Impossible2
#277West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 6:45pm

joevitus said: "Impossible2 said: "anewroomfortworoom said: "Impossible2 said: “Why would he need to go into rehab for sending a cropped photo to someone?

"

"

I think the fact that he cropped the photo sothe person could not be identifiedalready proves he knew what he was doing was wrong.

"

Well, it implies he thinks sharing the pic without cropping it would be wrong. As he was reinstated in his dance company, has been cast in a major revival, and about the only place you'll still know the issue occurred in on this thread, it would seem most people, male and female, don't much care.
"

If the women in the photos could not be identified, they could've come from anywhere and even been random photos downloaded from the internet that he cropped and passed off as other people.

This still does not make his involvement in the disgusting chats any less vile, but would obsolve him somewhat from sharing his sexual 'partners' photos.

The conversations make them sound like a bunch of desperate mentally deranged incels.

Fetus Profile Photo
Fetus
#278West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 6:54pm

joevitus said: "
Well, it implies he thinks sharing the pic without cropping it would be wrong. As he was reinstated in his dance company, has been cast in a major revival, and about the only place you'll still know the issue occurred in on this thread, it would seem most people, male and female, don't much care."

The reason he was reinstated because the ballet company was liable for a lawsuit because it was determined to not be a workplace incident, the lawsuit is still ongoing. Your lack of empathy over this situation is telling and considering this scandal has overshadowed the casting announcement on both Twitter and Facebook you're just flat out wrong.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#279West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:08pm

Fetus said: "joevitus said: "
Well, it implies he thinks sharing the pic without cropping it would be wrong. As he was reinstated in his dance company, has been cast in a major revival, and about the only place you'll still know the issue occurred in on this thread, it would seem most people, male and female, don't much care."

The reason he was reinstated because the ballet company was liable for a lawsuit because it was determined to not be a workplace incident, the lawsuit is still ongoing. Your lack of empathy over this situation is telling and considering this scandal has overshadowed the casting announcement on both Twitter and Facebook you're just flat out wrong.
"

The only thing telling is your bias. I never heard of this guy until I logged onto this site for the first time yesterday, it took some googling to even find out what he did, and then it turns out he might not have done anything illegal (or even wrong) except for members of the Perpetual Victimhood Society. So I don't really have an issue. 

If he attacks people or takes photos of them naked without their knowledge, keep him out of the theatre. If he's just someone you don't like and don't respect: welcome to the world in which you will have to co-exist with people you don't like and don't respect. Guess what? You've always lived here all along. And always will.

As far as I can tell, three people on this message board are about the only ones--outside the participants involved--who care.

Updated On: 7/11/19 at 07:08 PM

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#280West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:23pm

The lack of empathy here is concering. He exchanged a fellow coworkers nudes for another set of coworkers nudes, as stated in multiple news articles on the matter. Go to any west side stort account, any press release with the cast, the outrage is everywhere.

Blaming the victims for taking the pictures in the first place is disgusting. Going back and forth saying the same thing isn’t gonna get us anywhere. Joe, you might not like to admit it but you victim blamed here, and judging that yesterday you joined and your first posts are about defending Amar, tells me this is an obvious troll account and we should just stop putting energy in.

Fetus Profile Photo
Fetus
#281West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:26pm

joevitus said: "Fetus said: "joevitus said: "
If he attacks people or takes photos of them naked without their knowledge, keep him out of the theatre. If he's just someone you don't like and don't respect: welcome to the world in which you will have to co-exist with people you don't like and don't respect. Guess what? You've always lived here all along. And always will.

"

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=Lis4cO2R91MS028v6xQ2zA==

" On May 21, 2018, Mr. Ramasar then sent a picture of a female NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., Corps member bare-breasted to Mr. Finlay after he asked Mr. Ramasar to "Send me that pic of her."

That same day, Mr. Finlay sent a picture of the bare breasts of a female from the American Ballet Theatre and Mr. Ramasar texted "You ****ing!!"

Mr. Ramasar sent another picture of the NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., Corps member naked, and wrote "Bottom half us way better!!; :)"

Mr. Finlay responded, "Already seen that one, I know you have more." Mr. Ramasar then sent a picture of the NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC„ Corps member's vagina to Mr. Finlay.

Mr. Ramasar then texted Mr. Finlay "I love you! Text me those photosivideos!!West Side Story revival?" and Mr. Finlay sent images to Mr. Ramasar of Ms. Waterbury's bare breasts and performing a sexual act. . On May 23. 2018, Mr. Finlay shared another picture of Ms. Waterbury with a former SAB student who is now a dancer at Pacific Northwest Ballet.

Also on May 21. 2018. Mr. Finlay wrote to Mr. Ramasar referring to a female NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., Corps member, "Like actually she might be a little pissed just cause we are talking to each other while we are horny and then taking it to the level of showing each other pictures of other women ..."

This establishes that Mr. Finlay and Mr. Ramasar were aware that these women did not consent to the sharing of their explicit images."

"On or about May 15, 2018, plaintiff ALEXANDRA WATERBURY discovered that defendant CHASE FINLAY, principal at defendant NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., and her boyfriend of one year, had without her consent, secretly been recording and saving and sharing intimate photographs and videos of her while she was without clothing and/or while the two were engaged in sexual activity to AMAR RAMASAR who encouraged, condoned, incited and instigated Mr. Finlay to share these images with him.

Said occurrences were due to the carelessness and negligence of the defendants AMAR RAMASAR and ZACHARY CATAZARO in condoning, encouraging, instigating and inciting male Ballet dancers to degrade, demean, sexual assault, abuse and batter women, including but not limited to the taking, sending, sharing and disseminating sexual, explicit and intimate images of Ms. Waterbury and other female Ballet dancers, students and others, all without any fault or lack of care on the part of plaintiff ALEXANDRA WATERBURY.

By reason of the foregoing carelessness and negligence of the defendants AMAR RAMASAR and ZACHARY CATAZARO, plaintiff ALEXANDRA WATERBURY sustained serious and severe psychological and emotional distress. mental anguish, embarrassment, and humiliation, and upon information and belief these injuries arc of a permanent and lasting nature; that said plaintiff was confined to her bed, home, and/or various medical institutions as a result thereof"

People were hurt in this case. I'll maintain my outrage he was cast in this production and you'll just have to deal with it. You can remain willfully ignorant but people are upset and speaking out about this, whether or not you choose to see it.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#282West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:28pm

That's Finely. Not Ramasar. Can't you even read?

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#283West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:30pm

Totally a troll account now ^

The evidence is right there.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#284West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:32pm

_(•_&bullWest Side Story revival?_/ said: "Totally a troll account now ^

The evidence is right there.
"

^^

Clearly the real troll or another who can't read. The article only says Finely took pics without consent, not Ramasar.

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#285West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:35pm

he still traded the god damn pictures for another set of pictures. What don’t you understand from that.

“Mr. Ramasar sent another picture of the NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., Corps member naked, and wrote "Bottom half us way better!!; :)"

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#286West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:36pm

Isn't is so embarrassing?  "Joe" won't be acknowledged on here any further by any of us with knowledge or substance. Byebye sock puppet!

Troll officially canceled.  

Updated On: 7/11/19 at 07:36 PM

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#287West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:44pm

No worries from me. I have no desire to hear from any of you. Enjoy your little bubble, small as it is.

JSquared2
#288West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:45pm

joevitus said: "No worries from me. I have no desire to hear from any of you. Enjoy your little bubble, small as it is."

Amen!

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#289West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:46pm

JSquared2 said: "joevitus said: "No worries from me. I have no desire to hear from any of you. Enjoy your little bubble, small as it is."

Amen!

"

Thanks!

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#290West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:52pm

The lack of empathy here is absolutely revolting.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#291West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:55pm

Maybe lack of empathy for me.

I myself have tons of empathy to anyone abused or attacked, and if he took pics without permission or assaulted anyone, I'd say ban him for life. Heck, put him in jail. But as there is zero evidence he did either thing, I have to say "He's a jerk, life goes on." That's called being an adult.

If he never gets work in the theater, and no girl will ever date him again, let alone share a pic of herself, unless he apologizes, I think that's fine. Or am I not showing empathy again?

Updated On: 7/11/19 at 07:55 PM

Fetus Profile Photo
Fetus
#292West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:55pm

"September 15, 2018, defendant NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., terminated the employments of Mr. Ramasar and Mr. Catazaro and claimed in a statement that it has "no higher obligation than to ensure that our dancers and staff have a workplace where they feel respected and valued, and we are committed to providing that environment for all employees of New York City Ballet."

https://www.dancemagazine.com/zachary-catazaro-amar-ramasar-firing-determined-wrongful-2635059461.html

"The dancers' union, American Guild of Musical Artists, fought the termination, arguing that the firings were unjust since they related entirely to non-work activity. After a careful review of the facts, an independent arbitrator determined that while the company was justified in disciplining the two men, suspension was the appropriate action and termination took it too far."

It's clear from the articles and court documents that 37 year old Ramasar was culpable in trading, soliciting and distributing nude images of 18-20 year old girls from the dance company he worked for without those girls consent. It's a matter of fact, not opinion. If you don't consider this to be morally wrong then I believe you are a terrible person.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#293West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:57pm

It doesn't show that. You just want it to. Funny, I thought you'd retreated to your bubble.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#294West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:58pm

GeorgeandDot,

Only with toxic males who contribute to rape culture (they don't matter). Everyone else has been pretty supportive of the victims involved. 

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#295West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 8:02pm

^^

Toxic people lie about the motivations of others. How they all breath in the bubble with all that toxic air surprises me.

Fetus Profile Photo
Fetus
#296West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 8:04pm

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=geGCpIXmHG77Se48JhV6pg==

"Mr. Ramasar sent another picture of the NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., Corps member naked, and wrote "Bottom half us way better!!; :)" - Distribution of nude photos without consent

--

"Mr. Finlay responded, "Already seen that one, I know you have more." Mr. Ramasar then sent a picture of the NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC„ Corps member's vagina to Mr. Finlay. Mr. Ramasar then texted Mr. Finlay "I love you! Text me those photosivideos!! West Side Story revival?" - Trading of nude photos without consent

--

"Mr. Ramasar then texted Mr. Finlay "I love you! Text me those photosivideos!!" - Solicitation of nude photos without consent

--

"CHASE FINLAY, principal at defendant NEW YORK CITY BALLET, INC., and her boyfriend of one year, had without her consent, secretly been recording and saving and sharing intimate photographs and videos of her while she was without clothing and/or while the two were engaged in sexual activity to AMAR RAMASAR who encouraged, condoned, incited and instigated Mr. Finlay to share these images with him." - More solicitation of nude photos without consent

Updated On: 7/11/19 at 08:04 PM

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#297West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 8:07pm

Still doesn't show Ramasar took pictures without anyone's permission. No law broken. No threat to co-workers. Still the Perpetual Victimhood Club will not let go. And smear anyone who says "I need evidence of an actual threat." 

Maybe they let high school kids on these threads or something?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#298West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 8:07pm

Have they fired him yet? We're all waiting.

It's like men haven't been doing sh*t like this since the beginning of time. All of a sudden it's a shock that toxic men are trash. I don't know why anyone could find this kind of behavior so unbelievable. If you're a woman, you've encountered this kind of thing before. He's a risk to his female costars and he needs to go.

CASE CLOSED, YOUR HONOR.

joevitus Profile Photo
joevitus
#299West Side Story revival?
Posted: 7/11/19 at 8:14pm

Any proof he took pics without permission or physically assaults people, fire him. None of that? No story. But the Bubble is OUTRAGED! Outraged, I tell you! All three of them. When these three boycott the revival the show will close like THAT! *snaps fingers*

Videos