News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?- Page 12

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#275re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 5:14pm

Angela as Armfeldt is NOT a rumor. Many different sources are saying it's true.
Updated On: 6/26/09 at 05:14 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#276re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 5:21pm

I think the casting is shaping out quite nicely (save for Cerveris, IMO), Mallory as Anne is just one of the nicest things, a recent college graduate as Henrik should work well for the part, a mystery Oscar-winning actress as Desiree (a lot more exciting than Hannah Waddingham) and of course, five times Tony-award winning and mistress of the Sondheim musical, Angela Lansbury herself. Brilliant!
Can't wait to hear who will play Desiree, Charlotte (any rumors? can anyone say if we've at least guessed in the 10 pages of the thread?), Carl Magnum, and Petra.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#277re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 5:24pm

I have no reason not to believe it, but I've read a lot of ****e on Broadway World coming from "sources" (whatever that means).

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#278re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 5:24pm

Laura Benanti as Charlotte may be more than wishful thinking.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#279re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 5:31pm

Of course nothing is sure until a press release comes out, but usually when more than one person in this board and ATC confirm a rumor, then it's likely for it to be true. Especially if they are reliable posters.
I really would love it for Benanti to follow her Tony-winning turn as Louise/Gypsy with Charlotte. What I really like about her is that she follows good work regardless of the size of the role. She followed GYPSY with an Off-Broadway play and her Broadway return might be in another featured role (yet one of my favorite feature roles of any musical), how neat would that be.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#279re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 5:31pm

Leigh Ann Larkin as Petra. Make it come true B******!

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#281re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 6:20pm

This is shaping up to be my most awaited production of the season. I hope Lansbury ends up being true. And if Oscar-winning actress, Benanti, and Cerveris are in? DAMN thats amazing!

LoveIsCompany
#282re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 6:32pm

I need to stop soon, but Leigh Ann Larkin turned down Girl On Swing recently for the Ragtime transfer... one of the few that didn't take their roles. That's all I'll say for Petra. Kassebaum also had an offer made to her, though at this point I don't know if she took it or not. Expect one of the two to be announced shortly, though...

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#283re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 6:47pm

Well I have to say that I was really looking forward to seeing Leigh Ann Larkin in Ragtime, however...I'd be even more excited to see her in this.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#284re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 6:54pm

I didn't hear great things about Kassebaum in the concert, and I love Leigh Ann Larkin so I really hope it's her.
Any more clues re this Oscar winning actress? Pretty exciting. Can't wait for an official announcement.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#285re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 6:59pm

Could somebody lay out a complete cast as it stands right now according to the rumors? So that it's all in one place?

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#286re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 7:01pm

Hunter Ryan Herdlicka - Henrik
Ramona Mallory - Anne

seem like the only definites right now.

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#287re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 7:34pm

Charlize Theron?

Rachael Weitz? (she lives in NYC)

LoveIsCompany
#288re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 8:45pm

I'd say Lansbury is pretty definite as well. And yes, it's an Oscar WINNING** (sorry!) actress for Des... she has some musical theater background, I'll leave it at that.
Updated On: 6/26/09 at 08:45 PM

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#289re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 8:48pm

Now it's Oscar nominated? Not Oscar winning? That widens things up a bit.

LoveIsCompany
#290re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 8:50pm

OOPS I meant winning! Winning!! Ah I'll go back and edit that... sorry. I'm tired, what can I say :)

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#291re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 8:51pm

Haha okay! Keep us update/drop hints as much as you can! re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

colorandlight2
#292re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:01pm

Didn't want to be the first to post the news about Ramona Mallory but very glad the news is out! This is looking up to be a phenomenal revival. I'm still a little skeptical of Benanti as Charlotte though, I mean is it believable that a man would cheat on her? She comes across as really genial onstage, I am just gunning for more of a bitch type. (JENNY POWERS, PLEASE)

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#293re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:07pm

If LoveIsCompany is accurate the criteria for the suspected Desiree is an academy award winning actress with some stage experience which would produce my guess of Emma Thompson; however, at the age of 50 she is very close to the edge of Nunn's preferential age range.

Looking at a list of winner from the past twenty years:
1990 Kathy Bates - Misery as Annie Wilkes
1991 Jodie Foster - The Silence of the Lambs as Clarice Starling
1992 Emma Thompson - Howards End as Margaret J. 'Meg' Schlegel
1993 Holly Hunter - The Piano as Ada McGrath
1994 Jessica Lange - Blue Sky as Carly Marshall
1995 Susan Sarandon - Dead Man Walking as Helen Prejean
1996 Frances McDormand - Fargo as Marge Olmstead-Gunderson
1997 Helen Hunt - As Good as It Gets as Carol Connelly
1998 Gwyneth Paltrow - Shakespeare in Love as Viola De Lesseps
1999 Hilary Swank - Boys Don't Cry as Brandon Teena
2000 Julia Roberts - Erin Brockovich as Erin Brockovich
2001 Halle Berry - Monster's Ball as Leticia Musgrove
2002 Nicole Kidman - The Hours as Virginia Woolf
2003 Charlize Theron - Monster as Aileen Wuornos
2004 Hilary Swank - Million Dollar Baby as Maggie Fitzgerald
2005 Reese Witherspoon - Walk the Line as June Carter
2006 Helen Mirren - The Queen as Queen Elizabeth II
2007 Marion Cotillard ? La Vie en rose as Edith Piaf
2008 Kate Winslet ? The Reader as Hanna Schmitz

Emma Thompson appears to fit the criteria most effectively, but our Desiree (if what has been said is true) is most probably somewhere on this list.

Updated On: 6/26/09 at 09:07 PM

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#294re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:08pm

What about the supporting actress winners?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#295re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:14pm

From what I've heard, the woman very well may be on Neil's list

Cate Blanchett--40
Nicole Kidman--42
Juliette Binoche--45
Julia Roberts--41
Catherine Zeta Jones--39
Marisa Tomei--44

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#296re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:16pm

Very true, of the best supporting actresses of the last two decades these women fit the criteria:

Anna Paquin (too young)
Dianne Wiest (too old)
Juliette Binoche
Marcia Gay Harden
Cate Blanchett
Rachel Weisz
Updated On: 6/26/09 at 09:16 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86
#297re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:20pm

Catherine Zeta Jones and Nicole Kidman fit the criteria, not interested in seeing either. Rachel Weisz is a stage actress but I don't know about musical theater, same with Gwyneth Paltrow (though people have been rumoring her for all kinds of movie musicals and she did sing in a movie that I can't think of, INFAMOUS was it?). Reese Witherspoon sung in WALK THE LINE, said to be interested in doing the WICKED movie musical, and was considered to open the SOUTH PACIFIC revival, but I can't imagine it would be her.
Of the older group, Diane Keaton, Glenn Close and Meryl Streep are the only ones I can think of that have musical theater background but all of them are more appropriate to play Arnfeldt in this production.
I guess Zeta-Jones is the one that seems more likely from the group, though I'd be pleased with Weisz. It sucks that it isn't Winslet as she's the only Oscar-winner (that's age-appropriate) that I'd really really like to see in the part. Meryl is the non-age appropriate one.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#298re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:51pm

I REALLY hope it's not Catherine Zeta-Jones. Kate Winslet is pretty much the only Oscar winner I'd want to see as Desiree.

EDIT: that's totally a lie. I'd love Emma Thompson, too. I'm not positive I've seen Rachel Weisz in anything, but I hear she's a marvelous actress. I just kind of unjustifiably dislike Catherine Zeta-Jones.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 6/26/09 at 09:51 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#299re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 9:55pm

I'd take Nicole Kidman. I think she fits the role nicely.

Videos