News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?- Page 13

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

wonkit
#300re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 10:23pm

Zeta-Jones? That would ruin it for me.

neil30043
#301re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 10:41pm

Nicole Kidman is in NYC currently filming "Rabbit Hole" (seen at the last performance of 'reasons to be pretty' with her husband keith urban)...not sure when shooting finishes but she doesn't have anything on her film schedule until 2010 (she has "Nine" in the can)...Hmmmmmm.

Rumored cast so far:
Desiree: Oscared Actress
Frederick: ?????
Madame Armfeldt: Angela Lansbury
Charlotte: Laura Benanti
Anne: Ramona Mallory
Carl-Magnus: Michael Cerveris
Petra: Leigh Ann Larkin
Henrik: Hunter Ryan Herdlicka

LoveIsCompany
#302re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/26/09 at 10:41pm

Carl casting should prove interesting too, I'll say that. And yes, two of the three that have been most looked at are on that list. The third may come from across the pond.

commasplice
#303re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 1:29am

"I'm still a little skeptical of Benanti as Charlotte though, I mean is it believable that a man would cheat on her? She comes across as really genial onstage, I am just gunning for more of a bitch type."

Of course it would be believable. Men cheat on women (and vice-versa) for a lot of reasons. That includes "genial" women as well as "bitch type[s]." (Besides, describing Charlotte as "a bitch type" is drastically oversimplifying her character. I think Benanti can bring the necessary bite to Charlotte's lines without losing sight of the other traits that make her such an interesting character.)

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#304re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 2:36am

I seem to remember Kidman dropping a couple of interesting film projects. Could it be?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#305re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 2:42am

I think Kidman has that air about her, which would be perfect for the character.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#306re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 2:43am

I agree, she seems really right for the character. I'm not sure if she can pull off singing well and consistently, but then again, I guess she doesn't have to.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#307re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 2:50am

I don't think Kidman could pull off the kind of comedy the role requires and I find her almost too aloof for the part. Someone like Winslet would have fun with it, I think Kidman would be too straightman about it. I'm not sure if she's in the running, but I hope she is, she'd be ideal.
And it sucks to hear that it's an Oscar-winning actress because that means that Laura Linney is nowhere near the project which is a real pity.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

neil30043
#308re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 7:03am

I think the hardest role to cast is Frederick...has to be the right age, good actor, very good singer...and hopefully be taller than the 6-foot+ Nicole...hmmmmm.

wonkit
#309re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 11:23am

I think it has been suggested on ATC that it is an Oscar-nominated actress.

LoveIsCompany
#310re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 11:30am

The two front-runners are, yes.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#311re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 12:04pm

I'm looking over the nominees for Best Leading and Supporting Actress over the last two decades, and I have to say that there are plenty of people I personally find more exciting than Nicole Kidman. I would honestly rather see Amy Adams as Desiree than Nicole Kidman.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Byron Abens
#312re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 12:18pm

I'm going to take that more to show how far down the list Nicole Kidman is for you, as opposed to how high up your list Amy Adams is.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#313re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 12:35pm

NOMINATED or WINNING LoveIsCompany?

ray-andallthatjazz86
#314re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 1:16pm

I've heard Oscar-winning but who knows if it's Oscar-nominated or winning. It's just exciting to know that they are going for a renowned actress versus a less interesting choice like Waddingham.
Nicole Kidman is just not well-suited for the role, I'd much rather see her as Phyllis in FOLLIES or Margo Channing in APPLAUSE, roles that require a different type of humor than the one for NIGHT MUSIC.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 6/27/09 at 01:16 PM

LoveIsCompany
#315re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 2:35pm

The two that I know of are winning, and on the lists that people have mentioned above.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#316re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 2:47pm

Oh, please. All of this speculative talk may be a time-killer for you darlings but it is clearly a foregone conclusion what the real truth of the matter is and who is who.

And who has won... wins.

P

P.S. WOW does she have good PR people.

Winslet visits childhood theatre school, Thompson takes year off Updated On: 6/27/09 at 02:47 PM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#317re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 5:28pm

I'm going to take that more to show how far down the list Nicole Kidman is for you, as opposed to how high up your list Amy Adams is.

haha, yes, exactly. I love Amy Adams, but I don't think she'd make a very good Desiree either.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Byron Abens
#318re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 5:35pm

*Wiping brow in relief*

I adore Amy Adams, but yes, givesmevoice, if you had been suggesting her for Desiree I might have asked you to seek professional help.

bwayfan7000
#319re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 8:07pm

...So does that mean Winslet and Thompson are the two being considered? If so, I would love that. I would also love Kidman, Zeta-Jones, or Weisz, to be honest. Any Oscar Winning Best Actress would be fine with me.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#320re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/27/09 at 11:48pm

I stand by my guess of Emma Thompson.

bwayfan7000
#321re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 12:54am

...and Thompson is from "across the pond", as Loveiscompany hinted.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#322re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 12:56am

I highly doubt it's Thompson.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#323re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 2:08am

If you read my post in which I basically tried to guess which one of them had musical theater background or movie musical background AND was in the right age range, you can tell that very few (if any) of them are American, some Australian, a South African, but most from Great Britain.

Dollypop
#324re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/28/09 at 8:56am

Well what about a good Italian-American like Patti Luone?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos