News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 14

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#325Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/23/17 at 5:26pm

I will say, I loved seeing the generosity of people on this board with the whole "I wait in line, you pay for my ticket" vice versa thing. It was refreshing and incredibly nice to see.

10086Sundays
#326Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/23/17 at 5:46pm

And it was better than line sitters taking up all the spots and making bank doing it.

Wayman_Wong
#327Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/23/17 at 8:53pm

''I will say, I loved seeing the generosity of people on this board with the whole "I wait in line, you pay for my ticket" vice versa thing. It was refreshing and incredibly nice to see.''

Boy, I have a totally different take on this. It wasn't about generosity. It was a business transaction. One stranger was asking another stranger to, in essence, cut in line on his behalf because he wasn't willing or wasn't able to wait in line for hours. In exchange, the one who could pick up the extra ticket, got their ticket for free. In principle, I don't see how it's any different than the ''professional'' line sitters who get a fee for their services. In this case, it probably was cheaper to hire a stranger here. Why does it matter? I imagine these transactions helped bump people who actually waited in line for hours, and missed the cut, thanks to the people who had the money to pay others to do their bidding. Oh, well. Who cares, right? As long as you get your own ticket, screw the rest of the line.

Updated On: 6/23/17 at 08:53 PM

froote
#328Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/23/17 at 9:03pm

Not to mention no one ever seemed to take anyone up on their offer, which just meant that the thread was spammed pointlessly rather than giving helpful updates to those that were actually wishing to wait in line.

mjgood4
#329Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/23/17 at 9:14pm

Wayman_Wong said: "''I will say, I loved seeing the generosity of people on this board with the whole "I wait in line, you pay for my ticket" vice versa thing. It was refreshing and incredibly nice to see.''

Boy, I have a totally different take on this. It wasn't about generosity. It was a business transaction. One stranger was asking another stranger to, in essence, cut in line on his behalf because he wasn't willing or wasn't able to wait in line for hours. In exchange, the one who could pick up the extra ticket, got their ticket for free. In principle, I don't see how it's any different than the ''professional'' line sitters who get a fee for their services. In this case, it probably was cheaper to hire a stranger here. Why does it matter? I imagine these transactions helped bump people who actually waited in line for hours, and missed the cut, thanks to the people who had the money to pay others to do their bidding. Oh, well. Who cares, right? As long as you get your own ticket, screw the rest of the line.

"

Couldn't agree more. If I sat there all night for the show I'd want to show respect to the other dedicated fans who sat there with me. 

10086Sundays
#330Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/23/17 at 9:16pm

Most people said to PM them, so I assumed that they worked it out that way, but it will be nice for the multiple threads to go away.  (Hopefully.)

Wayman: I see where you're coming from, I guess it just seems different to me when it's a fan of the show, who actually wants, and is going, to see the show, than a line sitter just doing it for money and walking away.  At least it never got to the point like it did with Hamilton for awhile where line sitters were watching the show because they had to due to getting tickets at the last minute.  That pissed me off and I was never even denied tickets because of it.

However, I don't think they're bumping people, as long as they are obeying the rules and only getting the max tickets they could then they're not taking tickets from anyone.  Those behind should have showed up earlier, it's not like they're guaranteed to anyone.  You never know how many people are going to be ahead of you on any given day.  It's luck of the draw.

I do get the frustration with people buying what they want without waiting, but it's no different than being able to afford the inflated Stubhub prices.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#331Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 5:20am

I agree with you. I recall the days when SRO was one ticket per person. During those days I felt it was only fans who were queueing up. No line sitters. No plus ones.

Once theaters changed their SRO policy to allow two tickets per person, it definitely opened it up to more creative/resourceful ways to get a ticket. 

I do live in today's world and have to work with what the rules are. As long as it is two tix per person, I don't see anything wrong with line sitters or having someone paying for a oerson's ticket to be his plus 1. If anything, it's a way to see a bway show for free! I think that's quite resourceful for a broke person who enjoys bway and the arts.

gimlet2
#332Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 6:14am

Is the SRO lottery in place now? Someone in the Great Comet line said DEH gave out wristbands this morning around midnight. There's nothing posted at the box office so the people lining up now for cancellations could be in for some disappointment.

nykdrew
#333Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 8:30am

While it's possible in the future they may move SRO to lottery it definitely wasn't last night. I received a wristband a short time past midnight. It's also frustrating that there is a lack of communication. It's either someone is spreading a false rumor about the sro being in lottery or employees or being told different things.  It was  confirmed with the box office and security guards that the wristband was the new policy.

Updated On: 6/24/17 at 08:30 AM

femur1995
#334Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 9:41am

n2nbaby said: "I will say, I loved seeing the generosity of people on this board with the whole "I wait in line, you pay for my ticket" vice versa thing. It was refreshing and incredibly nice to see.

As one of "those" people I say thanks for that comment.  Someone offered me (in a private message) to stand in line for $300 plus meals.  However, I thought this went against the purpose, the need, for RUSH, SRO tickets.  To give people who can't afford it the privilege of seeing a show at a decent price. Having never done this before I was looking forward to teaming up with others to score seats.  

femur1995
#335Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 9:53am

Wayman_Wong said: "''I will say, I loved seeing the generosity of people on this board with the whole "I wait in line, you pay for my ticket" vice versa thing. It was refreshing and incredibly nice to see.''

"

It's different because line sitters make a HUGE amount of money, therefore keeping the people who can't afford it at bay.  I happen to have found someone who was willing and generous to stand in line.  I say generous because it really is.  They have the right to buy two tickets.  And for a small price (tickets) they do this.  I happen to be in NYC for 3 days.  3 days with 3 kids.  I can't sit in line for hours.  But I happen to have a 13 year old son who has attached himself to these songs and lyrics and messages.  A 13 year old boy who is cutting himself because he feels lost.  And though this show isn't therapy or a salvation.  It's what he's asking for right now in his life.  

Just because someone can't be in line for three days doesn't make them less of a fan or less deserving.  And as long as rules are being followed, people are being honest, and no one is making a fortune off standing in line, I think it's all done in the spirit of community.

Really- let's all blame the Tonys.  :)

herewegoabc
#336Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 1:27pm

I've only done SRO once for this show and was first in line (luckily back then, this was manageable at 3 AM). However, around 8 o'clock, a woman further back in line came to the front and asked the first five or six t of us if we'd be willing to buy an extra if she paid for ours. Every single person said no because it wasn't fair to the rest of the line.

Setting up the transaction ahead of time is fine. I have no problem with that. I just don't like when people claim they're buying one ticket and then end up buying two when people have already counted their place in line and weighed their odds.

I really hope SRO doesn't end up going to lottery. I also don't like the wristband policy, though, because it just seems unfair to those people who are willing to put in the time/effort to wait.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#337Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 5:44pm

Yup I'm not a fan of the wristband policy as well since people will always line up especially if they really want to see a show and it's the only method they can afford.

i do miss the one SRO ticket per person days though and to me that's the ideal way to do an SRO line. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#338Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/24/17 at 5:52pm

*Ben Platt will not perform Sunday - June 25 per Telecharge

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

#339Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/25/17 at 8:31pm

Im lining up tomorrow for Tuesday tickets. Whats a good time to get in line to get a wristband? 

chuckydisc
#340Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/25/17 at 11:58pm

Ejoyce said: "Im lining up tomorrow for Tuesday tickets. Whats a good time to get in line to get a wristband?"

What number wristband would you like?

#341Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:01am

I dont really care where i am in line as long as i am able to get two tickets

Updated On: 6/26/17 at 12:01 AM

chuckydisc
#342Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:11am

Ejoyce said: "I dont really care where i am in line as long as i am able to get two tickets"

Then, assuming they even are still doing wristbands, I suggest you be close to the very front, if not even #1, and get there at noon.

DChedgzoy
#343Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:15am

Could anyone help me get tickets for the 27th? I fly in at 1pm on the 27th, so I can't lineup on Monday. I'd happily pay for the cost of your ticket aswell as my own :)

chuckydisc
#344Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:20am

DChedgzoy said: "Could anyone help me get tickets for the 27th? I fly in at 1pm on the 27th, so I can't lineup on Monday. I'd happily pay for the cost of your ticket aswell as my own :)"

Oh wow ... you are willing to pay someone a whole $2.78 per hour?!?  Really?  SO kind of you.

DChedgzoy
#345Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:35am

I'm sorry that I don't know the typical way to approach asking someone. I wouldn't expect someone to line up just for a free ticket, but if someone was waiting in line and only getting one ticket, then who knows? Maybe they'd be nice enough to help me. I'm sorry if you think my offer was cheap or insulting, it wasn't intended to be, like I said, I'm just not familiar with offering payment for line waiting, or what the payment should be.

Again, sorry if I came across like a deuche, wasn't my intention.

10086Sundays
#346Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:42am

You're fine, plenty of people have asked the same thing.  Ignore the snark.

chuckydisc
#347Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:44am

DChedgzoy said: "I fly in at 1pm on the 27th"

So line-up yourself on Tuesday afternoon when you arrive into town ... easy-peasy.

DChedgzoy
#348Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 12:55am

chuckydisc said: "DChedgzoy said: "I fly in at 1pm on the 27th"

So line-up yourself on Tuesday afternoon when you arrive into town ... easy-peasy."

I plan to, provided nobody can get me a ticket, I just doubt I'd have a chance. I'd be getting there at atleast 5pm by the time I get out the airport and drop my bags off. From what I've read on the new policy, that sounds too late. This was just the safer option at getting a ticket. If worse comes to worst, I'll just keep an eye on stubhub all day :)

HSky
#349Dear Evan Hansen Standing room
Posted: 6/26/17 at 1:15am

I was across the street in the CFA rush line this morning and noticed a security guard going through the line around 11AM with a clipboard for people to presumably fill out info and he was distributing wristbands. I'm not sure what the exact policy was, though.

Videos