pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 144

Hamilton Cancellation Line

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3575Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/5/16 at 1:21am

So it was a 15 hour wait today, but well worth it. We were first in line at 2:45 am and the next group showed up at 5am. There were around 30 by 10am and the usher told the last ten to just leave as there was no chance of them getting tickets today. They said today was not a day they anticipated a lot of tickets for the cancellation line. Those of us on the line were slightly nervous!

No tickets were released until about 5:45pm! We got ours first- 4 lottery tickets- all front row center and all together. Amazing. 

At about 6:30 the rest of our awesome line group started getting their tickets- we were all really starting to sweat it out. Seems in the end that they gave out about 12 or 13 standard tickets ($199) to the cancellation line, no premiums were offered and there might have been 1 SRO $40 ticket. A long, fantastic day!!! 

I've officially been up for 24 hours straight right now, but can't sleep because I'm still soaring from the show! 

CassandraReads
#3576Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/5/16 at 8:50am

Does anyone know what today's line looks like? :) 

ivskow
#3577Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/5/16 at 11:59am

9 people in line as of right now. Not sure the # of tickets per person. 

Fosse76
#3578Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/5/16 at 12:11pm

CassandraReads said: "No tickets were released until about 5:45pm! We got ours first- 4 lottery tickets- all front row center and all together. Amazing. "

This is what frustrates me to no end about these digital lotteries. There is no protocol to sell them to anyone who signed up for the lottery but didn't win. I have no doubt the no shows are people who signed up with absolutely no ability to attend the performance. The easiest fix, in my eyes, is to require a credit card number to enter, and if you don't win and don't claim the tickets, you pay full price for each ticket (and then they can sell it to the standby line at the lottery price). 

And to be honest, I don't really think it is right that they charge full price for tickets they were initially selling for $10. To me that's an even bigger scam. 

JustVisiting
#3579Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/5/16 at 2:23pm

I'm okay with the way they do them. It would be a hassle to go down a list until you get winners, instead of the neat automated thing they have now. Why not give them instead to the people who waited out in the cancellation line all day.

CassandraReads
#3580Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/6/16 at 8:50am

Does anyone know what the cancellation line has been like for a Sunday show? I tried to go back and re-read like 25 pages here but couldn't find anything specifically for Sundays. Thanks in advance! 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3581Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:12am

No Sunday shows at the moment. Next one 9/11.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

CassandraReads
#3582Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/6/16 at 10:23am

Haha! Whoa! Thank you for that- I almost messed up majorly!! 

Huss417 said: "No Sunday shows at the moment. Next one 9/11.

"

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3583Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/8/16 at 8:23am

Just thought I'd ask how many people are in line at the moment for tonight's performance?  It's next Monday that I'm contemplating waiting in the cancellation line.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Burgcenafan
#3584Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/8/16 at 11:34pm

I have two questions

1. Where does the cancellation line begin/ Where does someone start the cancellation line?

2. When do tickets normally begin going on sale for a Saturday matinee for the line?

bngu172
#3585Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/9/16 at 7:23am

Got in line at 7A this morning (Tuesday) and am the 6th person. The two people who got here before me arrived at 6:10 AM. 

Tickets usually go on sale at half hour before curtain. The line starts at the door of the box office, and continues down toward the stage door (at least that's how it is now)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3586Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/9/16 at 8:46am

Does anyone know how many tickets were released for Monday's performance? I checked Ticketmaster before I went to bed last night and there were 4 premium seats available (not resale) for tonight's performance.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

HamiltonFan
#3587Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/9/16 at 11:29pm

Hi guys! Just wondering, which day of the week seems to be the least busy for the cancellation line: Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday? I've been reading this thread and it seems like either Tuesday or Friday but I'm not sure. Thanks!

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#3588Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:40pm

Currently 6 premium seats on Ticketmaster, many pairs throughout the theatre from 350-550, and seats on StubHub for 250. Certainly has died down a ton.

Browneyes142
#3589Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 6:19pm

Who went on (understudy-wise) in the matinee today?

Northernhamiltrash
#3590Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 7:42pm

Browneyes142 said: "Who went on (understudy-wise) in the matinee today?

"

I don't know if I'm just being thick but I can't figure out how to actually comment a new message so I'm just doing it like this ??

Anyway, I'm flying in from the UK at the end of the month for mine and my mums 18th/50th birthday presents, and we were going to queue for cancellation tix, which is essentially why I wanted to come. We're coming on a Sunday afternoon so I thought doing it Monday would work well because we'll have the time difference in our favour, as getting up at 5am or whatever will feel like 10am. 

But - is Monday like general understudy day? Or is it only Javier that has Mondays off regularly? Because we're coming so far with mostly the sole purpose of seeing this show I'd ideally see as much of the main cast as poss, but I'll take what I can get! Also that week there are no Sunday shows so would he still take the Monday off?

Thanks lovelies xox

Northernhamiltrash
#3591Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 7:42pm

Browneyes142 said: "Who went on (understudy-wise) in the matinee today?

"

I don't know if I'm just being thick but I can't figure out how to actually comment a new message so I'm just doing it like this ??

Anyway, I'm flying in from the UK at the end of the month for mine and my mums 18th/50th birthday presents, and we were going to queue for cancellation tix, which is essentially why I wanted to come. We're coming on a Sunday afternoon so I thought doing it Monday would work well because we'll have the time difference in our favour, as getting up at 5am or whatever will feel like 10am. 

But - is Monday like general understudy day? Or is it only Javier that has Mondays off regularly? Because we're coming so far with mostly the sole purpose of seeing this show I'd ideally see as much of the main cast as poss, but I'll take what I can get! Also that week there are no Sunday shows so would he still take the Monday off?

Thanks lovelies xox

aaaaaa15
#3592Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 7:55pm

No, understudies can happen on any day, it is genuinely just down to when the cast get ill/are on vacation. You have as much chance as getting the full cast on Monday as on any other day. It's just that at the moment understudies have been playing Burr/Lafayette/Jefferson whilst they wait for the replacements to come in. It seems Brandon Victor Dixon started tonight for Burr so you should be seeing him. Renee has been on vacation which is why understudies have been on for her as well. She'll be back at the end of the week. As for whether Javier will take that Monday off, I'm unsure, but his alternate has had great reports so far.

Updated On: 8/10/16 at 07:55 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#3593Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:20pm

Monday is Javier's scheduled day off. If you see the show next Monday, you will see Michael Luwoye as Hamilton. He is new to the role, but response to him has been very positive.

Burgcenafan
#3594Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:33pm

I was wondering does the main cast normally perform on the Saturday matinee? I'm basically trying to figure out information on who goes on for everyone except Hamilton due to Javier's schedule. Thanks for any and all information. I really hope to see BVD this Saturday matinee sense he went on tonight!!

Burgcenafan
#3595Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:33pm

I was wondering does the main cast normally perform on the Saturday matinee? I'm basically trying to figure out information on who goes on for everyone except Hamilton due to Javier's schedule. Thanks for any and all information. I really hope to see BVD this Saturday matinee sense he went on tonight!!

Burgcenafan
#3596Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/12/16 at 4:33pm

Can someone describe or have a picture of where the cancellation line begins so I know where to stand when I go, if not do I stand by the side closer to stage door or to the left side where the line rules are posted?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#3597Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/12/16 at 4:41pm

Are you basically trying to figure out information on who goes on for everyone except Hamilton due to Javier's schedule. 

Or, are you trying to figure out information on who goes on for everyone except Hamilton due to Javier's schedule.

Burgcenafan
#3598Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/12/16 at 4:43pm

All but Javier

CassandraReads
#3599Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 8/12/16 at 6:45pm

Stand to the right of the box office if facing the theatre, not the left where the rules are posted. The line starts where the steps start. Hope that helps! 

Videos