pixeltracker

LESTAT - The New Carrie!- Page 15

LESTAT - The New Carrie!

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#350re: LESTAT - The New Carrie!
Posted: 4/11/06 at 12:08pm

I didn't mean it was a good thing- I meant it was a BETTER thing than before, when it seemed embarassing that the audience was laughing at the actors.

And I said "little moments"... I never said the whole thing was a comedy?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#351re: LESTAT - The New Carrie!
Posted: 4/11/06 at 12:09pm

Poor Carolee...

They should add the Margaret/Carrie scenes to Lestat. Carolee and Fischer could sing the hell out of them. They wouldn't even need to cast new actors.
Updated On: 4/11/06 at 12:09 PM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#352re: LESTAT - The New Carrie!
Posted: 4/11/06 at 12:11pm

I was being sarcastic.
It sounds like sketch comedy.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#353re: LESTAT - The New Carrie!
Posted: 4/11/06 at 12:28pm

I have been so on the fence about seeing this show in June. It is decided....I am seeing it.

Just give the world Love.

#354re: LESTAT - The New Carrie!
Posted: 4/11/06 at 3:14pm

"I don't belive Lestat is gay"

And what do you base your belief on...have you read the books? Did Lestat appear to you in a dream?

rik
#355re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/19/06 at 3:47am

Lestat is so bad, Ticketmaster mails all the tickets out with no return address.

Lestat is so bad, Broadway ticket scalpers will trade their tickets to the show for double-stuff oreos.

Lestat is so bad, before the production begins, theatre patrons are told to turn their cell phones on.

Lestat is so bad, New York City is forced to bring in extra staff at "911" during the intermission.

Lestat is so bad, even people who say it's good say it's terrible.
Updated On: 4/19/06 at 03:47 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#356re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/19/06 at 10:47am

I am also on the fence about seeing the show. I have about 9 shows I want to see when there in June and Lestat is on the list now just because of everything I am hearing about it. My friends there in New York told me not to waste my money on it. But I kinda want to see what all the discussion is about! So still not sure yet. Wish I could extend my vacation!!!!

Just give the world Love.

sondheim78
#357re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/19/06 at 11:59am

Lestat may be bad, but I doubt it's the new CARRIE. I've seen archival video of Carrie on Broadway, and why Carrie is so legendary is because it was so odd.

The production Carrie received was wrong for Carrie, but it was a wonderful physical production, that looked really great, never slowed down for a second, and contained the marvelous coup de theatre of the descending staircase at the end. The set design was interesting, the staging was gorgeous, albeit really abstract, and the choreography was frenetic and textured.

The problem of course, was what does any of this nonsense have to do with Carrie? Why are those girls wearing togas to gym class? Why are those boys dancing while they kill pigs? Why do Carrie and her mom live in a log cabin?

Having seen (at least on an old videotape) Broadway's Carrie, I can say that it was the mismatch of concept with musical, along with some outstandingly bad writing and composing that did Carrie in.

Carrie was an experiment. It let us know what would happen if you staged "Grease" on the set of "Oedipus Rex" and let Robert Wilson direct it.

Unless LESTAT is so confoundingly conceived, it may close, but it won't be the legend that Carrie so rightly deserves to be.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#358re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/20/06 at 11:09pm

Something that makes me want to get very excited, but I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.ibdb.com/production.asp?id=402876

If you click on "Songs in This Production" From the Dead is now listed again before the finale. And it's an updated list with the new songs from NY. Does this mean that the original song "From the Dead" is back in as the finale?

I hope so!

rocky2428 Profile Photo
rocky2428
#359re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/21/06 at 12:13am

As of last week the finale was a brief reprise of "From The Dead" followed by a reprise of "Crimson Kiss". I haven't heard anything about it changing since then. The SF finale was really good, with everyone singing a part of FTD. It'd be nice if they went back to that.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#360re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/21/06 at 12:17am

Ouch.
I love Hugh Panaro. I am dying to see this show.
Tell me, is it as bad as say:
"The Music Teacher" and Suzanne Somers? Updated On: 4/21/06 at 12:17 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#361re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/21/06 at 12:37am

We paid full price for 2 other vampire musicals DOTV & Dracula & they bombed

We got Bway Box discounts for Lestat & see it in a few weeks. I have no idea if it means anything but...... If the CD comes out, they will probably sell it in the Elton John store @ Caesars . Wonder if any of Lestat songs are now incorporated in his Vegas show which we see when we go in July

A friend of my wife saw it last night & hated it. It should be interesting as my wife loved Anne Rice when she was still writing good books

Poster Emeritus

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#362re: LESTAT - This show will close on page 4...
Posted: 4/21/06 at 6:23pm

I will be posting my review in the next day or so. Let's just say, Hugh Panaro and Carolee Carmello are incredible!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Videos