pixeltracker

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 16

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#375Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 12:42pm

2 awesome pairs of $229 front mezzanine seats, B 6-8 & B 5-7, available on Telecharge for tomorrow, Saturday 10/14, at 8:00 p.m. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#376Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 12:46pm

2 awesome pairs of $229 front mezzanine seats, B 6-8 & B 5-7, available on Telecharge for tomorrow, Saturday 10/14, at 8:00 p.m.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#377Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 12:46pm

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#378Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 7:02pm

Wait till an hour prior performance! I bought Orch H1 for 400etc and now 1 hour prior to perfs H3 200 hundred cheaper!!!!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#379Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 7:14pm

What a rip off. It's 7:15 and the seat next to me is approx 213 and I spent 200 more an hour ago!!!  Wait and u can go cheaper!!!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#380Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/13/17 at 9:38pm

I saw the show last Saturday evening and I had never seen Hello Dolly before in any form and I was was completely enchanted from start to finish. This production is gorgeous - the colors are vivid and pop, the sets are very impressive, and the choreography was crisp and strong with an ensemble that tackles it beautifully. 

Bette is an absolute star and she had the audience eating out of the palm of her hand from the minute she made her entrance. She was hilarious, warm, and captured the character of Dolly as someone who meddles with a heart of gold. That entrance to Harmonia Gardens was stunning and Bette looked stunning in that red dress. Also, those costumes are absolutely stunning - every hat, dress, parasol was gorgeous. I have nothing to compare Bette to, but I loved her performance and definitely will be trying to see Donna before she leaves and Bernadette when she joins. 

David Hyde Pierce was delightfully grumpy and perfectly captured that nature of Horace. He was very funny and had that underlying sweet charm that I felt Horace would have under all that grump. It was nice to see Penny in My Pocket in the context of which it is meant to be performed unlike the Tonys. The chemistry between David and Bette was wonderful and they played off each other so well. Bette definitely did her best to get David to laugh and I was very amused by it. 

GAVIN FRIGGIN CREEL - My god. That man has been one of my favorite performers since I heard him on the cast album of Thoroughly Modern Millie. He's as charming as ever and showing off his triple threat skills in this role and the audience instantly falls in love with Cornelius from the minute he starts singing "Put On Your Sunday Clothes". He absolutely deserved his Tony for this role and I was just beaming watching him charm the pants off the audience in the Shubert that night. 

Kate Baldwin brought so much heart and humor to Irene and I just loved listening to that gorgeous voice of hers as she let us into Irene's heart with "Ribbons Down My Back". Her chemistry with Gavin was fantastic and I just loved watching them during "It Only Takes A Moment" as my heart simply swelled. I have loved Kate's voice since Finian's Rainbow and I was so happy to hear her beautiful voice back on Broadway in such a pitch perfect role. 

Taylor Trensch was on vacation and I saw Michael Hartung as Barnaby who was adorable and very charming. He and Gavin had wonderful chemistry and he was a very funny second banana with a great voice to match.

Beanie Feldstein was a laugh riot as Minnie Fay and also had fantastic chemistry with Kate as her second banana. That laugh/scream of hers had me in tears and she was just wonderful. 

Special notice to Melanie Moore and Will Burton as Emergarde and Ambrose who not only danced up a storm but were hilarious on top of it. Every time Melanie wailed and screamed, I lost it. Jennifer Simard was very funny as Ernestina Money - the role reminded me a lot of Katie Finneran in Promises, Promises. 

I cannot stop thinking about this gorgeous production or listening to the cast album and I cannot wait to go back whenever I can. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 10/13/17 at 09:38 PM

Saturdaynight
#381Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 1:03am

What a fantastic show! At one point Bette had DHP breaking character, trying not to laugh. 

The costumes are so gorgeous! I would love to wear one, even if the bustle is heavy. 

I didn't get to see Kate, but her understudy had such a lovely voice and I was swept away by the "ribbons."

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#382Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 7:58am

Right mezzanine seat B 2 is available on Telecharge for tomorrow, Sunday 10/15, at 2:00 p.m., $229.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#383Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 11:14am

CT2NYC said: "Right mezzanine seat B 2 is available on Telecharge for tomorrow, Sunday 10/15, at 2:00 p.m., $229."

$229 tickets also available on Telecharge for tomorrow 10/15 at 2:00 p.m.:

Left orchestra seats L 5 & 7

Right orchestra seat N 8

Center mezzanine seat B 114

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#384Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 1:36pm

CT2NYC said: "CT2NYC said: "Right mezzanine seat B 2 is available on Telecharge for tomorrow, Sunday 10/15, at 2:00 p.m., $229."

$229 tickets alsoavailable on Telecharge for tomorrow 10/15 at 2:00 p.m.:

Right orchestra seat N 8

"

More $229 seats available on Telecharge:

Tonight 10/14 at 8:00 p.m.: Right mezzanine A 6 & 8

Tomorrow, Sunday 10/15 at 2:00 p.m.: Right orchestra C 2 & 4

Left orchestra C 5 & 7

Left orchestra J 9 & 11

Right orchestra M 2

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#385Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 1:52pm

CT2NYC said: "CT2NYC said: "CT2NYC said: "Right mezzanine seat B 2 is available on Telecharge for tomorrow, Sunday 10/15, at 2:00 p.m., $229."

$229 tickets alsoavailable on Telecharge for tomorrow 10/15 at 2:00 p.m.:

Right orchestra seat N 8

"

More $229 seats available on Telecharge:

Tonight 10/14 at 8:00 p.m.:Right mezzanine A 6 & 8

Tomorrow, Sunday 10/15 at 2:00 p.m.: Right orchestra C 2 & 4

Left orchestra C 5 & 7

Left orchestra J 9 & 11

Right orchestra M 2
"

Also available for tonight, Saturday 10/15: 6 center mezzanine seats, B 109-114, $229 each. Amazing!!!

Updated On: 10/14/17 at 01:52 PM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#386Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 3:36pm

CT2NYC: You're the best! So appreciated!!! 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#387Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 8:27pm

EthelMae said: "CT2NYC: You're the best! So appreciated!!!"

Thanks Ethel!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#388Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 8:33pm

More great $229 seats have been released on Telecharge for tomorrow, Sunday 10/15, at 2:00 p.m.:

Right orchestra row B (front row), seats 4-8

Left orchestra row B (front row), seats 3-7

Center orchestra row K, seats 105 & 106

Left orchestra row S, seats 23 & 25

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#389Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/14/17 at 9:55pm

Saw this today and can't get over how wonderful the experience was.  Bette was indescribable !!  My seats were in the right side balcony, Row C.  They were great seats with one exception of obstruction in one restaurant scene on stage right.  Other than that, great seats for the $99 + fees I paid several months ago when they released the second block of tickets and offered discounts.  Wish I had bought a few more dates with that code.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#390Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/15/17 at 12:41pm

2 amazing $229 right orchestra seats, G 2 & 4, available on Telecharge for today's 2:00 p.m. performance. Hurry!!!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#391Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/16/17 at 12:04am

Kate Baldwin mentioned on Twitter that she was at her cousin's wedding this weekend, thus her absence from the show. She also said that she's scheduled off on 11/29.

rjm516
#392Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/16/17 at 6:44am

CT2NYC you seem like the right person for this question (but if anyone knows please help!) - when you say 'tickets were released on telecharge for tomorrow', at first I thought you meant they were just downgraded from premium to $229 but did you mean that those seats weren't showing up as available at all (premium or otherwise) before that release? I ask because I'm looking at Weds matinees in November and it seems like fewer seats are open (all premium of course) compared to this Weds and next Weds. Is that just simply that more tickets were sold or is there a chance that more seats might be freed up closer to the date (and thus I'd have a better chance of a premium ticket being cut to $229)? I also get that Weds matinees are literally the worst slot to choose!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#393Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/16/17 at 7:16am

rjm516 said: "CT2NYC you seem like the right person for this question (but if anyone knows please help!) - when you say 'tickets were released on telecharge for tomorrow', at first I thought you meant they were just downgraded from premium to $229 but did you mean that those seats weren't showing up as available at all (premium or otherwise) before that release? I ask because I'm looking atWeds matinees in November and it seems like fewer seats are open (all premium of course) compared to this Weds and next Weds. Is that just simply that more tickets were sold or is there a chance that more seats might be freed up closer to the date (and thus I'd have a better chance of a premium ticket being cut to $229)? I also get that Weds matinees are literally the worst slot to choose!"

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that some of the seats that pop up at the last minute are unused house seats, which would not have been available before then. Also, I've seen plenty of great seats show up for Wednesday matinees, so there's definitely a chance you'll find something.

rjm516
#394Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/16/17 at 9:53am

Ah so glad you understood my gibberish! Thanks so much! And yeah unused house seats would make total sense of why more seats seem to be available for an imminent date rather than farther ones. Will cross my fingers and keep checking here and Telecharge. Thanks for helping everyone out with these alerts!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#395Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/16/17 at 10:27am

Has Leslie Flesner been on as Irene Malloy?  If so, has anyone here seen her?  I'm curious how she was.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#396Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/19/17 at 1:21pm

Some $229 orchestra seats available on Telecharge for this weekend:

Saturday, 10/21 at 2:00 p.m.: Left orchestra S 3, Left orchestra T 7-9

Sunday 10/22 at 2:00 p.m.: Left orchestra M 9, Right orchestra S 2-4, Left orchestra T 13

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#397Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/20/17 at 11:03pm

$229 tickets available on Telecharge:

Saturday 10/21 at 2:00 p.m.: Left orchestra H 3, center mezzanine B 104, center mezzanine B 113-114

Sunday 10/22 at 2:00 p.m.: Right orchestra M 8, left orchestra N 7, left orchestra O 7, center orchestra S 104

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#398Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/21/17 at 9:18pm

Amazing Seats for tomorrow on telecharge for $229:

FRONT ROW on side: B 5 and B 7

Center Orch: K 9 and K 11

Side Orch: K 5 and 7

Orch Side F 7

And two front row Center Mezzanine seats.

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#399Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 10/21/17 at 9:45pm

FRONT ROW on side B6 and B8 popped up just now, too at $229.

Row C directly behind is priced at $399, which is $170 more. How come it's more expensive than Row B? 

Videos