pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 17

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#400Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/18/15 at 1:34pm

I didn’t ask about every change, but a friend who went last night said MCH went back to talking to the people in the box about the ghost (a part that JCM cut in favor of going into the audience). I would assume he’s still doing what he did before.

But when he licked the stage he did say it tasted like JCM :)

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#401Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/18/15 at 2:26pm

He'd know that taste anywhere.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#402Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 2:11pm

Sorry all — have been out of town and am behind on news. Is John Cameron Mitchell back in after his injury? If not, any word on when he's planning to return? Thanks!

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 2/24/15 at 02:11 PM

ILuv2shop531
#403Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 2:24pm

He is returning to Hedwig TONIGHT :)!

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#404Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 2:27pm

Great! Thanks very much! Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#405Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 3:42pm

Anyone going to be in the audience tonight? Would love to hear what the status is regarding how the show is performed… altered or not due to the injury. Please report back!

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#406Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 4:28pm

I'm not but have a friend who is going. Will get a recap and report back!

FindingNamo
#407Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 4:53pm

A recap on the kneecap please.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#408Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 5:44pm

I'm going to be making a special trip to see JCM in April, and unfortunately, the only performance I'll be able to attend is a Saturday at 7 pm, which appears to be the ones that are never discounted. While I wish I could afford a premium seat, the best I can get is a full-priced orchestra ticket.

Because those are all off to the side, I was wondering if anyone could offer me some guidance on what would be best. My options are A6, C10 or D10. Given the height of the stage, is A6 too close and/or too far off to the side? Thanks for any help! Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#409Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 5:59pm

I would probably go for A6. I sat in C11 and there is some stuff on the left side of the stage that you miss. Not much, but some stuff with the drummer and the guitarist and a little bit when Hedwig wanders back there during The Long Grift. Of course, you are closer to where Yitzhak sits for nearly the whole show and JCM does the car wash over there.

In A6 on the right side of the theater you might miss a small interaction between Hedwig and Skizp but that’s really it. And you’re close to the action when he comes down into audience for a couple of other interactions.

Updated On: 2/24/15 at 05:59 PM

carolineorchange21 Profile Photo
carolineorchange21
#410Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 6:52pm

I'm going tonight and tomorrow evening. Will report back :) I really am excited!

"...ah, gays and their wit. Hell must be a laugh a minute!" -Evie Harris

carolineorchange21
#411Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 10:26pm

Damn, Miss Hedwig is angry and in good voice! This was the greatest show I have ever seen.

Ok, brace is still there, certain entrances remain modified and there are a plethora of crate jokes. BUT he uses the stool less than I was expecting and did a lot of the choreography. The knee remains obviously tender but he did crawl to the edge of the stage for the audience make-out. The house appeared to be full and everyone was very supportive and wild! I c(k)an't? wait to do it again tomorrow :)

A1st
#412Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 10:58pm

Glad to hear he is feeling better!! Did he carwash someone/did he fly in on his entrance?

Updated On: 2/24/15 at 10:58 PM

carolineorchange21
#413Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 11:10pm

No 'angel' entrance and no audience car wash. Yitzhak is the lucky washee.

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#414Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/24/15 at 11:34pm

JCM was still awesome! He seems to have a better range of motion - he was able to bend his knee at certain points during the show but still needed to strap on an ice pack towards the end. The entrance is still the same post injury and he only carwashes yitzhak. He must be on some pain meds and I wonder if that adds to the ad-libbing/improv... But it's hilarious stuff!
At stage door, he mentioned that he felt "a little shaky."

On a side note, Matt and Tim were out today. Tim was also out at the 10pm show this past Saturday. Hope they're both ok.

GreasedLightning
#415Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:14am

Someone give me a 110% sincere answer. Should I wait a few weeks to see this until it is back in full-form with JCM or do you think the remainder of his run will be slightly altered due to the injury? I can hardly wait to witness him play this role but am hesitant as to when I should get tickets for.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#416Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:32am

If you're only gonna see it once, wait a few weeks and hope he gets better. The Kneecap Shows are special, but nothing beats the original staging.

GreasedLightning
#417Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:43am

Well then let me ask this: If I've already seen the show with NPH and Andrew Rannells (kicking myself for missing MCH during his return last week), than should I try and get to this sooner rather than later? My days are much more freed up during March than April and I'm worried if I wait too long it won't get much better and I will miss it.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#418Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:47am

Caroline, thanks so much for reporting in!

FindingNamo
#419Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:58am

"I'm worried if I wait too long it won't get much better and I will miss it."

For godsake, Rose, just buy a ticket.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#420Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 1:19am

I've had knee problems before, and it's certainly possible that he'll keep taking it easy to avoid the possibility of further injury. But who really cares- I'm seeing the show at the end of March, and as far as I'm concerned he could do the whole thing sitting on a chair. Original staging or not, I just care that I'm seeing John Cameron Mitchell play this role live, and I'm sure it'll still be a special experience either way.

So short version, just buy the ticket already.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#421Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 2:30am

Greased Lightning, I would recommend you go sooner rather than later. We do not know exactly what type of knee injury occurred, but there is certainly no guarantee JCM is going to make it through his entire run.

The stress he is putting on his knee by staying in the show, regardless if he has a brace, icepacks and people carrying him, may cause an exacerbation or worsening of whatever injury he has. His ortho surgeon will recommend he stop his run if something else happens. I would also guess they are prepping Darren Criss to be ready just in case he is needed early.

You will really be kicking yourself if you put off seeing JCM toward the end of his run and then he ends up with a re-injured knee and you don't get to see him at all. Buy your tickets!

Updated On: 2/25/15 at 02:30 AM

GreasedLightning
#422Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:24pm

JPeterman - that's the answer I was looking for! Thanks all.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#423Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:47pm

Great, and it sounds like your schedule fits going in March better than April anyway!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#424Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/25/15 at 12:52pm

my only hope for the show now is that it doesn't end with Criss closing it out. I hope they're looking to have someone replace Criss come July 20.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos