pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 18

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

vixiedust2
#425re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 11:00am

this really is so sad re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

Ed_Mottershead
#426re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 11:44am

I got my ticket for the last performance on October 12th. Interestingly, I called Ticketmaster (Telecharge??? I never know the difference) to be sure I could get that day and even THEY hadn't realized that the show was closing on the 12th -- as of 9:00 this morning, they were still operating under the assumption that the discount was good until the 30th!

BroadwayEd

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#427re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:27pm

I just want to say I am so terribly upset its closing. I am so happy I saw it a couple weeks ago. It was possibly the most fun I have ever had inside a theatre. I am fortunate that the tour/sitdown production (rumored) is coming here to chicago. Who knows, maybe some miracle will happen and Kerry and Cheynne and Mary will all tour with the show.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#428re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 1:37pm

I'll probably end up regretting being so busy until Sunday, but I'm definitely going to attempt to see it again tomorrow night. It all depends on if I can get out of my day plans early enough, and if they have tickets available. I have a feeling with it closing though, that will not be a problem.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Midnight Radio
#429re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 2:57pm

I will be onstage and trust, something special WILL be done.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#430re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/17/08 at 10:18pm

-Cross post from the closing thread-

I found out through a friend of mine about it closing because my computer was being rebooted. I was numb and in shock all night because I honestly couldn't imagine walking past the Helen Hayes and not seeing those big purple hologram doors or the big Xanadu marquee gone.

I called and left messages for obsessedJB and I texted WonderRobbie and I just couldn't feel at that moment or comprehend it it all.

I broke down today listening to 'Don't Walk Away' and then cried all the way through 'Suspended in Time'. I went in loving the show because of Cheyenne and then fell in love with the goofy and remarkable little show that could. I think it brought alot of people together that normally wouldn't have associated with one another: The fANADUs are a diverse group of people and I wasn't too active of a participant in some of their events, but they are truly wonderful people. Meeting some of you at the show was a real treat for me: Testing, WonderRobbie, and many others.

Nightly at the Helen Hayes, a crazy group of people put on one of the smallest running cost shows on Broadway and yet, I think it has more heart and goofy charm in it's whole ninety minutes than most two hour shows do. The cast of Xanadu always seemed to be having a grand old time up there, and you could feel it: From onstage or in the orchestra or way up in the mezz, you felt it. The heart, the goofy charm, and the love. The love for a little engine that could. And what a ride our little engine that could had: A BEST MUSICAL nominee, having one of the most hysterical Tony campaigns to date and just proving that XANA-DON'T can really become XANA-DO!

As that little engine that could pulls into the station on Oct 12th, Broadway will lose a small show with a big big heart. And I for one, will miss it emensely.

[I'm planning on getting tickets for the final show soon. :]]

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

kyleorlando Profile Photo
kyleorlando
#431re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/18/08 at 1:55am

Do not despair! Xanadu will have life elsewhere:

Evil Woman - Korea

Current Avatar: Me.
Current Saying: What do you mean it isn't enough being pretty? Have you seen my headshots?!?

lois128 Profile Photo
lois128
#432re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/18/08 at 2:15am

omg I seriously doubt I'll make it to NY to see it one last time re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
It would make my world if they extended!

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." Sherie Rene Scott

coolkid11776
#433re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/18/08 at 7:38am

Hi,
I'm very confused about this closing news. I called the box office and Telecharge yesterday and they both said that they had no idea the show was closing and that tickets are onsale thru January of 09. Could they mean they'll extend it? Also someone on BWW posted that it's not going to close. Whats the real truth on this?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Midnight Radio
#434re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/18/08 at 9:43am

The Helen Hayes box office has never been that reliable...

tookcharge
#435re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/18/08 at 11:58am

My sincere condolences to you in your time of sorrow. Know that you are not alone.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#436re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/18/08 at 12:32pm

<< Hi,
I'm very confused about this closing news. I called the box office and Telecharge yesterday and they both said that they had no idea the show was closing and that tickets are onsale thru January of 09. Could they mean they'll extend it? Also someone on BWW posted that it's not going to close. Whats the real truth on this? >>

Coolkid,

Obviously, they could extend, but the 10/12 closing date that was announced was NOT done as a ploy to sell tickets.

Many times, in these cases, Telecharge/Ticketmaster, (etc) and/or the box offices are the LAST ones to know.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#437re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/20/08 at 1:34am

I don't know if anyone cares but it doesn't look as if it's been mentioned- I made another return trip to Xanadu Thursday night, and Perez Hilton was in the audience. He was a few rows behind me though so I don't know how well he liked it, but he did get ushered backstage after.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

UnderTheHill
#438re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/20/08 at 9:57am

Cross post:

Yesterday night at Xanadu:

Mary Testa, "why across the street at Equus, Harry Potter has yet to reveal his magic wand."

Tony Roberts broke character.

Going back on stage for Oct 3rd, was going to get tix for Oct 12, but forgot will be out of town that weekend.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#439re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/22/08 at 10:43pm

Okay, so I have a question about seats. I got a ticket for Wednesday for the orchestra row J seat 1. Does the mezzanine overhang that row? None of the seating charts I have seen show that sort of thing, and I don't remember what I saw when I was at the theater last considering I ended up in row AA at that performance.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Ed_Mottershead
#440re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 11:51am

I'm still puzzled as to why Xanadu can't continue until the current contracts expire (around January 1st). Granted, the numbers aren't what they were when Whoopie was doing the show, but they've certainly been a lot worse. Unless I'm very mistaken, nothing is scheduled to take over the Helen Hayes before the end of the year, so why can't Xanadu keep running until then? Wouldn't it be to the landlord's better financial interest to have a moderate money-maker in the HH than to have nothing at all?

My only conclusion is that there is some reason that is not being made public. It's not too long before we can say that next month is the beginning of the holdiday season. The grosses will be higher during that period, no matter what. Also consider that the "new" competition will be Tale of Two Cities (already trashed by the critics), 13 (which no one seems to be liking), Billy Elliot (IMO, the one most likely to steal other shows' fire, but anything's possible) and Shreck, which still remains a question mark. And I'm positive that tourists unable to get tickets for the "big" shows may stumble into Xanadu as a 2nd or 3rd choice and find themselves loving it.

[tos] has started up this big campaign to keep their show running; why can't someone do the same for Xanadu?

BroadwayEd

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#441re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:15pm

Yeah, you know, it isn't making any sense at all. Something must be happening that is not being made public because this is now a week after they announced the original closing, and now it's closing within 5 days, and not a few weeks.

Pocketsquared Fanadu Profile Photo
Pocketsquared Fanadu
#442re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:16pm

Something really weird is happening, because the Xanadu is closing Sunday thread is now down.

The last vampire is the mother of all vampires and that is the vampire of despair. It'll wake you up at 4am to say things like: Who do you think you are kidding? You look like a fool! No matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough! Why is it that if some dude walked up to me on the subway platform and said these things, I'd think he was a mentally ill as-h-le, but if the vampire inside my head says it,It's the voice of reason! DIE VAMPIRE, DIE--[SUSAN in tos]

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#443re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:17pm

I noticed that the thread is gone myself. But telecharge confirmed that it's closing and refunded my money for the October 12

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#444re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:19pm

Armageddon!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#445re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:20pm

I too noticed the thread is gone. Something fishy is definitely afoot....

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#446re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:21pm

My guess? Cast doesn't know yet.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#447re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:23pm

Yeah, I was going to go look at it again, and it's gone. But, like I said, I will not sell my ticket for tomorrow night's performance for anything. I know none of you would try to do that, but there are some people who would.

Pocketsquared Fanadu Profile Photo
Pocketsquared Fanadu
#448re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

If the cast doesn't know yet, that is really, really wrong. I keep hearing stories like that lately...

The last vampire is the mother of all vampires and that is the vampire of despair. It'll wake you up at 4am to say things like: Who do you think you are kidding? You look like a fool! No matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough! Why is it that if some dude walked up to me on the subway platform and said these things, I'd think he was a mentally ill as-h-le, but if the vampire inside my head says it,It's the voice of reason! DIE VAMPIRE, DIE--[SUSAN in tos]

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#449re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

Nah, it's probably just the whole they-don't-want-a-thread-about-it-until-an-official-press-release-is-announced thing. Which in this case is a shame, because the quicker people see the news, the quicker they can go about getting tix to the real last performance.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Videos