pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 184

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

Evans2
#4575Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 3:46pm

Has anyone tried mailing the American Airlines theatre?

If so, do you send to the stage door address on 43rd street?

Thanks in advance.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#4576Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 4:54pm

thebookofwhizzer said: "Just heard back from Barrett Doss at Groundhogs Day, she was very sweet and sent me a note! i asked for a picture but she didn't have one so she drew me a little groundhog!! 

"

Thank you for sharing this! I've been thinking about writing to her!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#4577Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 5:40pm

Evans2 said: "Hamilfan2 said: "I heard that Bette is responding, but that she is having a secretary do the signatures (for the full cast signed Playbills as well).  Can anyone confirm or deny?"

Really? Would love to know if anyone else knows anything about this.

"

I belong to an autograph collecting website called Startiger, which has a lot of autograph experts on it. I purposed this question as soon as i saw someone's scan of the Dolly Playbill. The signature looks exactly like what she sends TTM- which by all accounts is done by a secretary. The verdict on that site is that it is the same secretarial signature. If you compare her In person sig to her TTM, there are vast differences- Not in the quickness of the signature but the way the letters are written.

It's kinda like when Fran Drescher used a stamp when signing the Broadway Cares playbills for Cinderella

Darreyl with an L!

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#4578Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 6:12pm

^ I have one of the Dolly playbills in question.  It's also important to note that performers are often not rushed when signing in their dressing rooms and not at barricades.  That being said, I have a stage door signed playbill from I'll Eat You Last, signed in person on closing afternoon and it looks identical- Unfortunately it's in another state or I'd post a side by side.  If she's really not the signer, then unless you see her do it with your eyes it's doubtful even come flea market time any of the mass quantity signed items from the show will be authentic so take it or leave it I suppose.  I'm happy having mine.  I will say DHP and her signature are the only two that are much bolder and appear to be signed with a much thicker marker.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4579Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 6:51pm

darreyl102 said: "Evans2 said: "Hamilfan2 said: "I heard that Bette is responding, but that she is having a secretary do the signatures (for the full cast signed Playbills as well).  Can anyone confirm or deny?"

Really? Would love to know if anyone else knows anything about this.

"

I belong to an autograph collecting website called Startiger, which has a lot of autograph experts on it. I purposed this question as soon as i saw someone's scan of the Dolly Playbill. The signature looks exactly like what she sends TTM- which by all accounts is done by a secretary. The verdict on that site is that it is the same secretarial signature. If you compare her In person sig to her TTM, there are vast differences- Not in the quickness of the signature but the way the letters are written.

It's kinda like when Fran Drescher used a stamp when signing the Broadway Cares playbills for Cinderella

That's a shame. I knew a number of people used secretarial signatures through the mail (Bradley Cooper's mom signed on his behalf when he was in The Elephant Man), but on the Broadway Cares cast-signed ones as well? That's disappointing as those are supposed to be for charity. That brings into question BCEFA's credibility, as they advertise their signatures as authentic. I know all the money goes to a good cause, but that doesn't mean you should knowingly sell your donors fraudulent material.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#4580Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/16/17 at 2:17pm

I'll work on doing a side by side comparison. It dosen't really matter about rushed or not- what you look for is key characteristics of how a person makes their letters. write your name fast and slow and you will probably notice that though different, there are key letters that you right the same, the way you loop you letters or what not is the same. 

Point is- no one really knows for sure, but I'm just letting people know what the word on the street is.

Darreyl with an L!

LaVieBoheme2
#4581Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/16/17 at 8:20pm

Has anyone sent an already signed playbill to a theater to get signed?  If I've stage doored and have a few signatures, is it common to send it along to a specific actor  and have them sign instead of asking for another playbill?  I'm just thinking it would be better for displaying if all the signatures were on playbill but I don't want to do it if there's a huge risk that I won't get it back?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4582Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/16/17 at 9:46pm

TopNotchBrain said: "Has anyone sent an already signed playbill to a theater to get signed?  If I've stage doored and have a few signatures, is it common to send it along to a specific actor  and have them sign instead of asking for another playbill?  I'm just thinking it would be better for displaying if all the signatures were on playbill but I don't want to do it if there's a huge risk that I won't get it back?

The rule of thumbs generally is that if you want to send something that you would be devestated to lose, don't send it. 

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

goldfinchmeadowlark
#4583Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/16/17 at 9:47pm

TopNotchBrain said: "Has anyone sent an already signed playbill to a theater to get signed?  If I've stage doored and have a few signatures, is it common to send it along to a specific actor  and have them sign instead of asking for another playbill?  I'm just thinking it would be better for displaying if all the signatures were on playbill but I don't want to do it if there's a huge risk that I won't get it back?"

In early 2016, I sent partially-signed Playbills to Hamilton (Phillipa Soo and Oak were the only cast members who didn't stagedoor the evening I went) and Allegiance (I met and thanked Ms. Salonga, thanks to a childhood friend who was in the ensemble) with notes thanking the cast and the stage manager, and I received them back signed (by Pippa and Oak and the rest of the Allegiance cast, respectively) within about 4-6 weeks.

There is, unfortunately, always a possibility that you might not receive your Playbill/whatever memorabilia (for instance, I sent some Lights of Broadway cards to be signed along with thank you letters to principals in Disaster! the week before its premature closing, but I have not yet heard back from them; I still have hope, since I received a sweet note and signed LoB card from Kelli O'Hara at the end of last month -- I had signed my thank you letter/LoB card to her last spring before she left The King and I). At the time, neither show was requesting BC/EFA donations the way some/many? shows are doing now.

Evans2
#4584Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/17/17 at 7:48am

darreyl102 said: "I'll work on doing a side by side comparison. It dosen't really matter about rushed or not- what you look for is key characteristics of how a person makes their letters. write your name fast and slow and you will probably notice that though different, there are key letters that you right the same, the way you loop you letters or what not is the same. 

Point is- no one really knows for sure, but I'm just letting people know what the word on the street is.
"

Thanks for sharing your knowledge in this area. Appreciate you looking into and finding out information on this Bette issue.

Snee17
#4585Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/17/17 at 7:45pm

Anyone have any luck on cast Playbill from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? 

eunicecsx Profile Photo
eunicecsx
#4586Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/18/17 at 8:44am

Snee17 said: "Anyone have any luck on cast Playbill from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? "

Got one from them without donations :)

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#4587Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/18/17 at 10:02am

Is there anything different about sending mail to a theater with a touring show? I really want to write to Laura Michelle Kelly and get her to sign my Mary Poppins playbill (my first broadway show!!) when the King and I is at the Kennedy Center!

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

lotsanew
#4588Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/18/17 at 1:39pm

Hamilfan2 said: "amandaelevator said: "Just for curiosity's sake, did anybody ever hear back from Falsettos? I know a few people had luck sending directly to Stephanie, but I sent to the stage manager and didn't even get a note saying they were requesting a donation or anything... Still kind of bummed about it ahaha

"

Same here Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

"

I got a reply from the stage manager - Full cast signed playbill, understudies included! 

Batgirl478
#4589Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 11:57am

I have a really stupid question. When you send off for a request, do you include a big envelope/mailer for them to send the Playbill back to you or will the theater provide it? Also, how are most of you sending your donation? Check? Money order? Sorry, I'm new to all this so I'm just wondering how it works. Thanks.

10086sunset
#4590Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 1:26pm

Can anyone please help me with a question about Great Comet?

Will they send a signed Playbill for a $100 donation or are they not sending at all?

Heard both and simply trying to clarify. 

Thanks,

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4591Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 1:48pm

I have a really stupid question. When you send off for a request, do you include a big envelope/mailer for them to send the Playbill back to you or will the theater provide it? 

You send a pre-paid pre-addressed large shipping envelope with your Playbill request.  You need to make the process quick and easy.  They will not purchase a shipping envelope for you nor go to a Postal Office and pay to have it shipped to you.  You're not the only one requesting a free Playbill that costs to ship and takes time out of their day to deal with.  

thebookofwhizzer
#4592Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 2:23pm

How is Betsy Wolfe with fanmail? I write to her in Waitress about a week ago! 

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

A.Douglas Profile Photo
A.Douglas
#4593Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 11:53pm

Hi all!

I was curious if anyone has had any luck with "Dolly" recently? As you may have seen my post on my success in receiving a Playbill back from "Dolly", I was curious if anyone has had luck with "Dolly" post-Tony wins? I sent in another Playbill request, again accompanied by a $50 donation, in order to get a Playbill to give as a gift for my dear friend, for her birthday next week. I was hoping in giving it to her day-of on her birthday, and was curious about turnaround time. The last time I sent a request it took 8 days to get a Playbill back. I sent the most recent request last Monday. I would appreciate any and all insight.

Thank you all, and have a great night! :)

tvgus2
#4594Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 12:59am

Received a 1984 cast signed playbill today with a $20 donation. Took about a week. Got back a note from Dear Evan asking for a $75 or more donation for a signed playbill. 

abiwin6
#4595Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 1:02am

When you sent to DEH, did you send a playbill to a specific actor to be signed by them or did you ask for a full cast one?

tvgus2
#4596Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 1:07am

I sent my letter and SASE to the stage manager last Wednesday 6/14 asking for a full cast playbill. Received the note today in the mail asking for a $75 or more donation. 

Updated On: 6/22/17 at 01:07 AM

thebookofwhizzer
#4597Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 7:16am

A.Douglas said: "Hi all!

I was curious if anyone has had any luck with "Dolly" recently? As you may have seen my post on my success in receiving a Playbill back from "Dolly", I was curious if anyone has had luck with "Dolly" post-Tony wins? I sent in another Playbill request, again accompanied by a $50 donation, in order to get a Playbill to give as a gift for my dear friend, for her birthday next week. I was hoping in giving it to her day-of on her birthday, and was curious about turnaround time. The last time I sent a request it took 8 days to get a Playbill back. I sent the most recent request last Monday. I would appreciate any and all insight.

Thank you all, and have a great night! :)

Actually wondering the same thing, because most people here heard back from Dolly! very quickly but i sent out a request with a $50 check 5/16 and have yet to hear back from them. Maybe it got lost? 

Batgirl478
#4598Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 12:00pm

Possibly another stupid question but when you send a check, who do you make it out to? The theater? 

thebookofwhizzer
#4599Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 12:02pm

Batgirl478 said: "Possibly another stupid question but when you send a check, who do you make it out to? The theater? 

"Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos