pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 19

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

aaaaaa15
#450HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 5:41am

If Lin did Chicago it would be for a very short amount of time. I'd imagine he'd want to spend the holidays at home considering he's moving to London next year to film Mary Poppins.

neonlightsxo
#451HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 10:53am

I hope Lexi is OK.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#452HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 2:20pm

Any word on Renée's closing weekend? When does her show start filming? 

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#453HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 3:37pm

Lexi is still out, Alysha is on for Eliza today.

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#454HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 3:51pm

HBP said: "Any word on Renée's closing weekend? When does her show start filming?"

My guess is she extended 3 months.  If that's the case then her last day would be Sunday, October 9th.  That's technically the Fall. Haven't seen any more news regarding when her new show will start filming. 

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#455HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 11:07pm

Lexi just replied to an instagram comment saying she had a "freak vocal issue happen" and that she should be back by Monday. Hope everything's fine.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#456HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/17/16 at 5:05pm

What does that mean?

BroadwayConcierge
#458HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 9:42am

I say phenomenal news all around. My two questions:

1) Is there a date people are expecting Renée to depart? I recall somebody on here suggesting that she added a three-month extension in July, which would make her final performance October 9. Just a theory.

2) Does this mean we can expect Chris Jackson to stick with the company for a good while longer? If so, that makes me VERY, VERY HAPPY.

broadwayguy91
#459HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 9:54am

my initial reaction reading about Mandy Gonzalez as Angelica:

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

pupscotch
#460HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:04am

Since the fantastic cast announcements today, I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but if/when Chris Jackson leaves, Brian Stokes Mitchell would be a fantastic replacement for Washington if he wants to do it.

Liza's Headband
#461HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:06am

^ Is that a joke? 

neonlightsxo
#462HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:10am

I don't think we should expect anything regarding contracts after how Daveed's departure was handled.

rjm516
#463HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 11:34am

Lol I would love to hear BSM sing One Last Time.

Guys how good would Rob McClure be as King George??

Jmjazz
#464HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 5:38pm

Chris is doing a TV show. Not sure how much longer he will stay with the production.

He's amazing in the role though. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#465HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 6:21pm

Brian Stokes Mitchell as George Washington?!?!?! He will look like Grandpa Moses up on that stage with the rest of that relatively young cast. 

That is most definitely a no can do. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#466HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 6:51pm

With the way they handled Daveed leaving even with no replacement casted, I wouldn't be surprised of Renee left in early September. With the press release of Mandy joining its pretty much the producers saying you may be seeing her in the role soon. Also Mandy posted what looked like her script on instagram, so she must be in or going into rehersals soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkhkEuAImY/?taken-by=mandy.gonzalez

Jmjazz
#467HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 7:43pm

Renee is on vacation until August 12.

I hope she stays through September/October. Looking forward to seeing her in the role again. She is amazing. Such a beautiful voice.

smidge
#468HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 7:52pm

ethan231h said: "With the way they handled Daveed leaving even with no replacement casted, I wouldn't be surprised of Renee left in early September. With the press release of Mandy joining its pretty much the producers saying you may be seeing her in the role soon. Also Mandy posted what looked like her script on instagram, so she must be in or going into rehersals soon.

I hate being the grammar police but casted drives me crazy. Just cast

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkhkEuAImY/?taken-by=mandy.gonzalez

"

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#469HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 8:29pm

^thanks???

ChiTheaterFan
#470HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 8:35pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-News-Joshua-Henry-Mandy-Gonzalez-Jonathan-Kirkland-Will-Join-HAMILTON-in-Chicago-and-Broadway-20160801

"

Am I the only one who thinks this does not make it clear if Kirkland is joining Chicago or Broadway?  The article starts by discussing Henry in Chicago. Then it goes on to say Gonzales will join the Broadway production. Then it says Kirkland will play Washington (but doesn't specify where). It then goes on to talk about the rest of the Chicago cast in the same paragraph, so I assume they meant Chicago?  But it's so unclear because they just talked about Gonzales in the preceding paragraph with no transition back to the Chicago production. I assume the entire article was originally about Chicago and they just dropped the paragraph about Gonazles joining the Broadway production in before printing. But they did it in a way that the article is now super confusing. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway any recent reports about how the cast is recently?  I saw a lot about Lexi being out but it seemed like she was back. I don't know that I've read much about her performance. Someone was asking me about the buzz on the new cast since they're seeing the show in the fall (although other than Lexi and Javier I don't know that any of the new principals are in yet...)

aaaaaa15
#471HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 8:52pm

You're right, only Javier and Lexi are in out of the new principals. I've only heard positive reports on Lexi (although there hasn't been many considering she was off for so long). I've also heard some audio of her and she sounds really good, preferable to Alysha/Carleigh in terms of vocals to me.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#472HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 8:52pm

The wording was a little muddy.

Start dates for many of the new cast members haven't been announced yet. Dixon is listed as mid August and Gonzalez as October. Michael Luwoye begins next Monday. I don't think we'll see a new, permanent Lafayette/Jefferson before the middle of the month, since the replacement has yet to be named.

ChiTheaterFan
#473HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 9:01pm

Thanks all. I have not been paying that much attention recently so I feel like I am letting people down not giving them all the news. :)

BroadwayConcierge
#474HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/16 at 9:07pm

Not your fault at all, ChiTheaterFan. The Hamilton press/producer team has really not been the most clear and exacting in their phrasings/press releases. Everything seems par for confusion on this front!

Videos