pixeltracker

"Frank Wildhorn & Friends": EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star! LV -CANCELED!- Page 2

"Frank Wildhorn & Friends": EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star! LV -CANCELED!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#25re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 10:47pm

Wow. What's going to happen when the UNLV staff is assaulted by a bunch of pissed off old Filipino ladies? That's a force to be reckoned with.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MusicLover2
#26re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 5:03pm

Has anyone heard anything more about this situation? I understand they are still selling tickets for the shows. Is Lea Salonga still overseas?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#27re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 5:28pm

I have not heard anything saying that it is off. Apparently Salonga was not going to get paid fully or something of that sort, at the agreement she made with whatever sort of contract.

Sills and Evan are good friends of Frank as it is, and owe a lot to him for their careers. Eder, obviously also owes a ton to Frank (and vice versa!), so that's why I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in another Wildhorn favourite like Lauren Kennedy or Tracy Miller. Although I have no idea, maybe they will do it with 3 people!

LizzieCurry
#28re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 6:07pm

"Producers still looking for money. That pretty much sums it up."

http://twitter.com/bigsis222/status/3638560484

augustine73 Profile Photo
augustine73
#29re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 7:37pm

Heard some Salonga fans are pissed coz they already bought the tix and its not even sure if she is performing...

BWNUT
#30re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 8:05pm

Can Lea Salonga fans demand a refund? NO. Lea Salonga fans, DEMAND a refund!

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#31re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 9:53pm

I have just been told that the concert has been cancelled. Really too bad. That's all the information I can share.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#32re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 10:48pm

I was almost gonna buy a last minute flight to Vegas and try to catch this...

Phew.

It's disappointing but the folks who bought tix will get their money back at least.

cgpamplemoose2
#33re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 11:14pm

Refund for show tickets is one thing....
what about the $1,000.00 "last minute" airfare!
Will SOMEONE get their act together and decide WHAT is going on?

Do signed contracts with stars mean ANYTHING?
Should the website STILL be selling tickets if NO SHOW???

Should we all reconsider our already booked flights and tickets to Wonderland in FL and Bonnie and Clyde in FL???

Years of being a dedicated and loyal fan....for WHAT ????

jacobp
#34re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 11:22pm

Ok. Wonderland and Bonnie have NOTHING to do with Wildhorn and friends. Wildhorn and Friends is being produced by totally separate people.This is not the fault of the performers or Frank Wildhorn

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#35re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 11:36pm

Lea made it official from her blog today that she is officially not going to perform at the concert. Today is the last day for backers to contact her, i.e. plane tickets, et al (she's still in asia) but, she didn't hear from them. Sad as it could have been a good project. No fret to the fans as she is heading out to Bangkok for a full symphonic concert plus upcoming US and Canadian concerts. The list of venues are in her site.
Lea Salonga's site

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

LizzieCurry
#36re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/31/09 at 11:45pm

Lea made it official from her blog today that she is officially not going to perform at the concert.

Lea's blog: http://www.leasalonga.com/blog/?dynamic_sound=[object+Object]

Lea's other blog: http://bigsis222.multiply.com/

Nothing on either one about the concert. Do you mean her Twitter?

http://twitter.com/bigsis222

musicaltheater1
#37re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 12:09am

From Facebook.

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

jacobp
#38re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 12:35am

I know some people who have been working on this projectand it is no performers or wwildhorns fault It is the producers who failed to communicate or raise the funds for this concert. Its a shame cause it would have been great to hear thismusic back by a 32 piece orchestra. Don't steer away from future wildhorn productions because of it.... they have different producers.

musicaltheater1
#39re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 12:44am

It's official. Concert's cancelled.
Here's a note from Linda Eder:
Hi Everyone,

I just found out a few moments ago that the Vegas gig has been cancelled. After sitting around for a day in a holding pattern, I just got the phone call.

It is not my own show so I can't speak with any authority about the details, but I think we can all safely assume that it comes down to money. Somehow, somewhere something fell through and we all lose in the process.

I wish I had more information for you, but I just don't.
I'm sorry for those of you who made travel plans to Vegas. I am also sorry that this show won't happen, Jake was really looking forward to seeing his parents perform together on stage, but hopefully it will resume sometime soon with different producers at the helm.

Sadly,
Linda"

Announcement

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#40re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 12:50am

Linda is so classy!

A shame this isn't happening, haven't been excited for a concert like this in a while!

BTW - Agreed, this has nothing to do with WONDERLAND or Bonnie & Clyde. Wonderland's dates have pretty much been announced since 2007, and that production won't just end randomly like this concert - which was last minute enough!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#41re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 7:55pm

Official Statement From Wildhorn Representative On 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' Cancellation

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

LizzieCurry
#42re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 8:00pm

I wonder if the typos belong to BWW or the Wildhorn rep.

Mattbrain
#43re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/1/09 at 10:45pm

I'm personally saddened to hear that this concert has been cancelled.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

MusicLover2
#44re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/3/09 at 7:14am

Is anyone really still interested in Wildhorn and his music, or his 'friends' in the U.S.A.? A show with the same title was done in NYC a couple of years ago. Since Frank has been working in Europe so much lately, perhaps staging Frank Wildhorn and Friends over there might be a smarter move.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#45re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/3/09 at 12:23pm

There is still some general interest, but nothing like there was 10 years ago. Salonga, obviously, has a huge fanbase; Eder's maintained a pretty big one, despite fading and a lot of Broadwya people moving away from her; Most Broadway people know who Rob Evan is, and even most Wildhorn detractors love Doug Sills!

Frank Wildhorn & Friends has played three previous engagements I believe - on Broadway in 2002 (with Sills, Eder, Evan, Christiane Noll & Michael Lanning), in 2005 in Marlton (NJ) at the Lenape PAC (where J&H - Resurrection premiered, as well as Waiting for the Moon) (with Kate Shindle, Lanning, Evan and Tracy Miller (who is the Mad Hatter on the Wonderland website); and in 2007 in Graz Austria, immediately following DRACULA, the musical over there with Thomas Borchert (Dracula), Pia Diawoues, and amongst other people Brandi Burkhardt. The 2007 one was big because it debuted the song "Once More I Can See" and the whole Wonderland plans for Tampa.

While I'm sure Frank would love to do it in Europe again, he has three world premieres in the United States in the next year and is probably trying to draw to a younger audience - many of whom aren't familiar with him besides maybe a community/school production of J&H or SP. They may know the song "Someone Like You" or "When I Look At You," but nothing more. Or from the nasty remarks made about him on the board.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#46re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/3/09 at 1:06pm

Theatrefan4, while you are ignorant and why you posted on this thread to make a dumb joke, Wildhorn has pretty much the best singers in the business. Linda Eder is probably the best singer to come out of the Broadway scene in decades. Not to mention Lauren Kennedy, Brandi Burkhardt, Christine Andreas, Douglas Sills, James Barbour, and then the slew of fantastic Broadway performers including Christiane Noll, Melissa Errico, Tom Hewitt & Kelli O'Hara.

Yes. He has great singers, but this concert would imply that they are singing Wildhorn music. Which is not so good.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#47re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/3/09 at 1:27pm

Right because Wildhorn's songs have never hit the charts, were vastly popular or anything ...

"You Are My Home," "Someone Like You," "This is the Moment," "I Was Born for You," "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?," "Gold," "Something to Believe In," "Vienna," etc.

Have you even seen/heard a Wildhorn show?

MusicLover2
#48re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/3/09 at 4:35pm

I did not know Frank had done "Friends" overseas. I am a fan of Frank Wildhorn's music and his 'friends.' I've had the pleasure of seeing all the shows Philly03 mentioned, including the one Linda Eder and Michael Nori did in Conn a few years ago (the name escapes me at the moment)...also The Civil War (and For the Glory in Gettysburg). I've seen most of them over and over and over in different venues...by regional players, presented by high schools, etc. He doesn't get the respect he deserves and many people just aren't interested.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#49re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 9/3/09 at 6:11pm

re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S

There will be another "Friends" concert in Japan next year (March? April?). Kei Aran who played Percy in Scarlet Pimpernel in Takarazuka will be in it.

Videos