pixeltracker

"Frank Wildhorn & Friends": EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star! LV -CANCELED!

"Frank Wildhorn & Friends": EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star! LV -CANCELED!

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#1"Frank Wildhorn & Friends": EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star! LV -CANCELED!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 12:04pm

"'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' will play a very special series of performances at Las Vegas' Judy Bayley Theater to benefit The Nevada Conservatory Theatre at UNLV. The benefit performances will take place on Friday, September 4th at 8pm, Saturday, September 5th at 8pm and Sunday, September 6th at 7pm.

Acclaimed composer Frank Wildhorn will present a starry evening of his thrilling songs performed by the very best theatrical talent in the world. Linda Eder, Lea Salonga, Rob Evan and Douglas Sills will guest star in the event with musical direction by Koen Schoots. 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' will be directed by Jeff Calhoun.

Frank Wildhorn & Friends is an intimate concert that highlights selected songs from his many works. Presenting as Frank Wildhorn puts it "some of the finest voices in the industry", Wildhorn will once again return to the stage to play the piano as his talented friends take the spotlight. "

No surprise about Sills or Evan, but the fact he got LINDA EDER excites me beyond belief! And Lea Salonga!?

Wow, anyone who lives in Las Vegas / who can make it out there, I'm jealous!

Link:

Updated On: 9/3/09 at 12:04 PM

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#2re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 2:09pm

Nice to see that Douglas Sills is still performing.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#2re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 3:47pm

Yes, it is regnad!

Apparently he's been helping his family with their business out in Los Angeles for the past couple of years, where he used to perfom a lot before doing Pimpernel on Broadway!

BroadwayBound92 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound92
#3re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 5:39pm

Oh, yay! I'm super-mega excited about Douglas performing again. Especially since he might be singing songs from the musical (and the role) that made him famous. I'm also excited about Lea being involved. I hope she sings something from J&H, because her voice is perfect for Lucy's range. I'm the biggest Wildhorn fan ever, so now I really wish that I lived in Las Vegas.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#4re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 6:17pm

I wouldn't be surprised if from Jekyll & HYDE, Eder sings Lucy's In His Eyes and Bring on the Men, and Salonga does Lucy's Someone Like You and In His Eyes with Eder.

Sills will undoubtably sing atleast a song from Pimpernel (usually the entire ensemble does "Into the Fire"), and last time he did one of these, he did a few selections from DRACULA, the musical (as Dracula) and selections from Cyrano de Bergerac ~ The Musical.

I'm curious as to what Salonga will be singing, as last time this group was together it was Christiane Noll, who did most the DRACULA, the musical songs.

Can't wait to see how it goes!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#5re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 6:20pm

What a wonderful concert this will be. Would love to go, as I live in LA, and Las Vegas is a quick 45 minute plane ride away. But, I'll be coming home from being out of the country that weekend. So, I won't be able to see it.

Have seen Lea in concert a few times, and like, too.......(something like 40 for Linda......love her)! Ha, ha...

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#6re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 7:07pm

Is Wildhorn a big name in Vegas?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#7re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 7:24pm

No...I don't believe he's ever theoretically HIMSELF played there.

Rob Evan's doing a show here in Philly called The Rock Tenor, and from what I've heard, it sounds like it'd be ideal for something like a Vegas show. Perhaps Wildhorn's helping Evan, who knows!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#8re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/20/09 at 9:40pm

This sounds like a great group of performers! Of course, I'm most excited about Doug Sills...

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

denise2
#9re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/21/09 at 2:35pm

when is Rob in Philly? Wish I could go to the Wildhorn show in Vegas!

Mattbrain
#10re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan Star!
Posted: 8/21/09 at 3:00pm

Ok so I love all four of these performers and I wish I could go!!!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/21/09 at 5:47pm

I'm surprised Eder is appearing. I was always the impression that her divorce from Wildhorn was....less than amicable.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/21/09 at 5:53pm

Darn it! I am suposed to be in Vegas at the end of September! But not too upset. I have seen Linda Eder twice in concert.

Just give the world Love.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#13re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/21/09 at 5:55pm

Would love to see it but .....

If this were next summer, that would be a different story.

Poster Emeritus

musicalsFan
#14re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/21/09 at 6:04pm

when is Rob in Philly?

The Rock Tenor at the Wilma Theater ends this Sunday 8/23.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#15re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/21/09 at 6:04pm

Denise: rob's currently in a revue-ish show called The Rock Tenor, either until the end of the month or this weekend.

adamgreer; this the last thing Linda's done for Frank since Camille was at nymf in 2004, undeniably written FOR her.. Actually I've seen her in concert twice as well...2007, no Wildhorn; 2009 several Wildhorn tunes...I'm sure his split with Brandi Burkhardt eased things greatly as well...undoubtably the two would be next to nowhere without the other! The 2 went to the Hair opening together as well (with friend Rosie ODonnell).

Hopefully they keep working together. Love both of them!

Updated On: 8/21/09 at 06:04 PM

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#16re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/21/09 at 6:54pm

What a great gathering of talent!
It'd be nice to hear Linda and Lea sing "In His Eyes" and Lea sing "When I Look At You".

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

denise2
#17re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/28/09 at 1:29pm

Thanks Philly03
Got to see the show (The Rock Tenor)- last performance. Loved it! Rob was amazing!

bwaybabe2
#18re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 3:02am

"Nice to see that Douglas Sills is still performing."
Yes, right? I am still hoping to see him in something, whether on Broadway or elsewhere.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#19re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 3:13am

Good to hear Denise! Wish he had a Wildhorn tune in there, oh well!

Just thinking about the songs heard at this concert will be mind-boggling. So many great numbers out there written for 3 of the 4 performers!

The plans for the concept album of Cyrano de Bergerac were scraped, but that project was entirely written with it's 3 leads in mind - Linda Eder as Roxanne, Rob Evan, and Douglas Sills in the title role. I know they have a trio in that show, maybe that one will finally see the light of day! Don't forget Sills was intended for DRACULA, the musical too!

musicaltheatre1: Last time they did the concert & Linda performed, she did "When I Look At You." Christiane Noll was the other female and she sang "I'll Forget You"! So not sure if the concert is set on a tracklist or whatever, but I would love to hear Salonga do a few of these songs!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#20re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 12:40pm

Hmmm...?

Lea Salonga's twitter: "I will not be flying to Vegas this weekend. And I don't want to talk about it. Disappointed."

http://twitter.com/bigsis222/statuses/3627560576

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#21re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 1:13pm

Every Wildhorn song sounds like it was written for Eder. She raises his material far above its mediocrity.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#23re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 2:16pm

That's true. Lea Salonga is not flying to Vegas as producers/backers seemed to have failed to do their part in the contract.

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley
Updated On: 8/29/09 at 02:16 PM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#24re: 'Frank Wildhorn & Friends' for Las Vegas: EDER, Sills, Salonga & Evan S
Posted: 8/29/09 at 5:57pm

WHAT! Salonga's not going anymore?

I would say expect Lauren Kennedy, Tracy Miller or maybe even Kate Shindle, although I doubt the latter, should a replacement be announced. Especially since (to my knowledge) none of them are currently in shows, and they've all done the like before. I highly doubt he'd have Brandi Burkhardt come out. Although that'd be a Wildhorn-dream concert (Eder + Brandi!), I don't see why he would put himself in that awkward situation !!

Theatrefan4, while you are ignorant and why you posted on this thread to make a dumb joke, Wildhorn has pretty much the best singers in the business. Linda Eder is probably the best singer to come out of the Broadway scene in decades. Not to mention Lauren Kennedy, Brandi Burkhardt, Christine Andreas, Douglas Sills, James Barbour, and then the slew of fantastic Broadway performers including Christiane Noll, Melissa Errico, Tom Hewitt & Kelli O'Hara.

Videos