pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush- Page 2

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#25re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/25/09 at 6:49pm

I agree with Ashley. I took a look at that balcony last night and almost screamed in horror.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

mina3
#26re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/25/09 at 8:15pm

I'm sure the box office doesn't know because the producers haven't made a final decision. They're probably waiting to see what the day-of sales are like, how many tickets they can release to TKTS, etc. Box office staff are the last to know about policies like this, and they have no say in setting the policies, so don't expect to get too many answers from them.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/25/09 at 8:16pm

The production has had a policy on their official website and facebook for a few weeks now. It's standing room rush starting Dec 15. Unless they decide to change it.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#28re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 2:05pm

So did anyone try this today?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#29re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 6:54pm

I got there at 11 today and they were completely sold out but the guy told me they have them when they open and to line up early. I don't know how many they have or how many per ID it is though.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#30re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 7:54pm

I do want to see this, however I am not sure that I can do rush due to my work schedule. My guess is that I am going to have to cave and by a single ticket via telecharge.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#31re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 8:45pm

I'm curious to read if they sold any seats, or just standing room.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#32re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 8:47pm

When I asked if they had student rush he said we are all sold out of student rush and Standing Room so I'm guessing they're separate.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#33re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 8:49pm

That would be pretty amazing if they're separate. The original plan was for a standing room rush, and only that.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#34re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 8:49pm

That would be pretty amazing if they're separate. The original plan was for a standing room rush, and only that.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#35re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 8:56pm

Thanks for the info Just_John

nasty_khakis
#36re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 10:47pm

I wonder how early. I want to rush the mat tomorrow, but dont want to sit in the cold for hours if it's not necessary. I'll get there at 8:30 to see.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#37re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 11:01pm

I attempted to rush today and I was told that standing room is the rush.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#38re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 11:53pm

Happy to report all people who waited for cancellation tickets gained admission to the show.

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#39re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/15/09 at 11:56pm

That's nice but cancellation tickets are sold at full price. People interested in rushing the show probably aren't able to afford the $137 top ticket price.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#40re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:03am

OK so we finally have something confirmed. I walked by the theatre this morning. The first people on line got there at 6. The next people showed up around 7, but the line grew rapidly after that. By the time I got there at 10 to check it out, the line was about 50-60 people long. The rush is standing room. That's what the first people on line were given. And I believe it's only one per ID.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#41re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:14am

6am!?! Well, dang! Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time outside the day I decide to rush. Good thing I live two blocks from the theatre. HoliNESS!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#42re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:20am

Just to clarify mywonderwa11, the first people got there at 6, the next people didn't get there until 7. So I would say 7 is a safe bet. Plus today is a 2-show day for them.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#43re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 12:38pm

I would be very likely to rush this for standing room if it were 2 per ID and I could bring a friend. I would appreciate it if anyone can confirm whether it's 1 or 2. I wonder how many standing room positions they have as well.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#44re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 12:41pm

From the official site

"Student Rush Tickets are $27. They will be available beginning Tuesday, December 15 for same-day sales only at the box office. There is a limit of one ticket per person with valid identification."

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#45re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 12:44pm

^ What actually occurs at the box office, as we all know, may conflict with what the official site, which I was already familiar with, claims. I for one never know what to expect of box office staff at the beginning of a show's run.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#46re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 9:56pm

Thanks for clearing it up, bjh. I'm trying on Friday. I guess I'll aim for 6:30? Just to be safe?

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#47re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 10:04pm

If the line got long early on a Tuesday, I'd aim for even earlier than that for a Friday. That's just me, though.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#48re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 10:40pm

Then again, Yero, Tuesday was the FIRST day that rush was available. So, I expected the line to be crazy. But, you're also right...just to be on the safe side I'd assume that getting there earlier on a Friday would be necessary.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

ArtMan
#49re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:53pm

Some of you mentioned the balcony view in a negative tone. Is it really that terrible? I bought my ticket today for May and will be spending my birthday there. I guess I could have treated myself but $142 (with fees) is just rediculous. The next price range is well over a $100 for the mezzanine. I am going to London in March and got really okay seats for alot less...and thats with the pound. And these are the bigger shows...Love Never Dies, Priscilla, Misanthorpe, Sister Act. Four shows=$190 (US dollars) including fees.

Videos