A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#1A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/17/09 at 9:40pm

From the website:

"Standing Room/Rush Tickets are $27. They will be available beginning Tuesday, December 15 for same-day sales only at the box office. There is a limit of one ticket per person with valid identification."

I take it this is similar to what YOU'RE WELCOME AMERICA had, where the only rush availability is standing room with a student ID? Forgivable for an 80-minute Will Ferrell stand-up vehicle, but it might prove insufferable for a lengthy piece with hefty thematic weight

...that said, I probably can't afford to do anything else.
Updated On: 11/17/09 at 09:40 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 1:16am

I don't get it...will this always be available even when the performance isn't sold out?

And where do you stand?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 1:18am

Since it doesn't specify whether the performance needs to be sold out, I assume it will be available for all performances.

It's not a great policy. Quite disappointing.
Updated On: 11/18/09 at 01:18 AM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 1:47am

I would assume they are anticipating a very well-sold run, hence the standing room only tickets.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#4re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 7:32am

I'm all for it if it doesn't have to be sold out. Then I would just go sit in a seat...

But I would prefer a guaranteed seat.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#5re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 8:09am

I don't remember the Kerr having standing room space... This is odd to me. The number of times I've been it that theatre (Irena's Vow, Catered Affair, Bronx Tale, Grey Gardens x 3, Doubt) I don't think I've ever seen anyone doing standing room.

broadwaybound882
#6re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 10:58am

Being a bit nitpicky are we? They didn't even have to announce a policy of any kind. Keep that in mind...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 10:59am

They do have standing room. I second acted Grey Gardens many times and stood there.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#8re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 11:16am

I stood at the Kerr for DOUBT and it was an excellent view.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#9re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 11:35am

That's so funny. I suppose it's just strange coincidence that the 7 times I was in that theatre I never saw people doing standing room. Is it at the back of the orchestra or the mezz?

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#10re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 11:41am

It's in the back of the orch.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#11re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 12:47pm

No 8 year olds please!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#12re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 2:07pm

I'm all for it if it doesn't have to be sold out. Then I would just go sit in a seat...

I love the sense of entitlement. If you wanted to sit in a seat, you should have paid for one.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 2:09pm

Exactly.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#14re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 2:30pm

I don't understand why they're listed as both Standing Room AND Rush tickets.

Do we have to Rush for the Standing room?

And why do I need a valid ID if it isn't a Student Rush??

And yes, Standing Room is in the back of the Orchestra.

I wonder if the Kerr still has the same flakey box office staff who seemed to have decided what the Rush/SRO policy was during the run of Grey Gardens depending on how their bowels were behaving that day ...

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#15re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 2:33pm

adamgreer - you do know that ushers encourage people with SRO to take empty seats, don't you? Let's step down from that pedestal...

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#16re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 3:28pm

Wait a minute. The website doesn't say "standing room" anymore. Did they change the policy???

It now just says

"Student Rush Tickets are $27. They will be available beginning Tuesday, December 15 for same-day sales only at the box office. There is a limit of one ticket per person with valid identification."

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#17re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 3:29pm

That's so strange...I guess they changed it...maybe they read this thread haha

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#18re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 3:32pm

That would be great if they did change it! But I'm not going to get excited yet.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#19re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/18/09 at 3:33pm

I don't need to be an actual US student to join the Rush right?

I don't know if the Rush will last to April though, guhhh. (Although not that Night Music will gain the same following as N2N either..)

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#20re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/24/09 at 10:47pm

Box office guy said to me today that they were not doing rush at all. He said they don't know about standing room yet.

Don't know how accurate. Sometimes those guys are in the dark about things. But he seemed pretty confident.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#21re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/24/09 at 10:50pm

I was just about to post something similar. He told me definitely nothing for previews and to check back after opening.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#22re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/25/09 at 2:20pm

Well the website listed it as starting after opening (12/15) so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Though the attendant being confident in it not happening at all is confounding, it isn't surprising with the Kerr staff's history...

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#23re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/25/09 at 3:43pm

Apparently it's still going to be a standing room rush.

ashley0139
#24re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 11/25/09 at 6:02pm

Honestly, I couldn't care less what they give us. I am so thankful there is something better than $57 in that balcony for us. I will gladly stand.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Videos