pixeltracker

Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement- Page 2

Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement

snarkywannabedreamer Profile Photo
snarkywannabedreamer
#25Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/16/10 at 11:46pm

I think it is more about the jackasses who wear their bluetooth even when they aren't talking on the phone. I am all for not getting brain cancer but I also think people who walk around with that thing in their ear look like cheeseballs.

Also, Music Snob, I think you are pushing a boulder up a mountain taking issue with people criticizing others on an internet message board. That is all this message board consists of!! If that IS a real beef of yours (the criticizing of others) I assume you will be a busy man going from thread to thread fighting this injustice like a modern day Don Quixote. Good luck!

MusicSnob1 Profile Photo
MusicSnob1
#26Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/16/10 at 11:49pm

Snarky -

Not at all. It's just a ridiculous thing to crticize. What a terrible generalization that poster made. Can't stand it!

But thanks for the warning, love. Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement xoxo

When I think about you, I touch myself.

snarkywannabedreamer Profile Photo
snarkywannabedreamer
#27Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 12:01am

I hear you. But hey, I have a natural distrust of blonde men. I also think anyone who drives a Hummer is a douche. Sometimes a good generalization just feels right. :)

broadwayfreak2 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak2
#28Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 12:43am

What's ITH and LB preshow announcement?

hicaesar
#29Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 1:45am

" Just a rough guess on my part, but I suspect those who find this announcement "crude and disgusting" probably wouldn't like the show either -- and if they're smart they won't go, but enjoy Mary Poppins instead.

I love it when the announcement sets the tone of the show. My favorite was still at a production of Do I Hear A Waltz at Pasadena Playhouse when the entire announcement was in Italian. But you could still pick out the English "cell phone", "candy wrappers", etc. " - Patah

Couldn't agree with you more Patah.. I'm smart enough to go to Mary Poppins instead! I'm all for an announcement setting the tone... and if that is the tone of ROA I am def. not interested.

I saw ROA at Broadway in the Park and have honestly seen better at theme parks... I know there were a few understudies but still, didn't impress me much.

However... if you've been and like it great! I'm not telling you not to enjoy it.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#30Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 1:53am

You must see some amazing stuff at theme parks.

However, as a huge fan of the show, I was less than impressed with the Bryant Park performance.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#31Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 2:00am

LB preshow announcement?

As per a 2 year old NY Post article:

"Hey guys! Could I have a sec? This won't take long. So, OK. The show's about to start, and it would be totally helpful if you turn off cellphones, Sidekicks - You get it. Oh, and ditto for the no-go on cameras or video - if anything shows up on Youtube, I am coming after you and I am so not kidding right now. Oh, and this performance is conducted by James Sampliner, who is totally hot in a Josh Groban write-you-a-song sort of way."

hicaesar
#32Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 2:50am

JP2...

Thanks.. I 'm glad to know that Bryant Park was not a good idea of what the show is.

By the way.. what show is in your profile pic there?

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#33Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 3:25am

Rock of Ages of course. Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement

There is something about the promotional performances for Rock of Ages that somehow loses a lot of what makes the show so much fun. I can't explain it. The cast is always on their A game when I'm at the theater, but outside everything is a miss. Their Tony performance was great. Bryant Park, The View, Conan, and a few other appearances, however, range from not good to downright dreadful.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#34Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 4:06am

I liked the ROA performance on Conan.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#35Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 8:37am

I feel like it's impossible to really appreciate ROA without seeing the actual show.

Mystic Pasta
#36Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 9:34am

From our friends at Wikipedia, the word Bluetooth is an anglicised version of Danish Blåtand, the epithet of the tenth-century king Harald I of Denmark who united dissonant Danish tribes into a single kingdom. In the spirit of Bluetooth - can't we all just get along? I promise not to comment on those who choose to wear headset devices at the theater while their phone is turned off. Now, I must find a new hobby.

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#37Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 1/17/10 at 10:45am

Applause to PiraguaGuy2- well said.

But whether the announcement is funny, in another language or the same one we hear at most theaters/ events- I just wish people would listen.

The cell phones ringing & wrapper noise is so annoying.
& I do remember Pyromania being sung the day of the ROA firedrill.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

danny10086 Profile Photo
danny10086
#38Rock of Ages Preshow Announcement
Posted: 7/12/19 at 11:15pm

I saw the Anniversary production two weeks ago and they've updated the David Coverdale speech.  Has anyone written it out or knows what it is ... there's a great line about Playbill selfies in it now!

Videos