pixeltracker

Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see- Page 2

Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#25Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/9/10 at 4:02pm

I met one of my friends ten years ago right around the time she was obsessed with this show she saw at the NYTW, BRIGHT LIGHTS BIG CITY. I thought she was a bit unhinged seeing the same show ten times in a month and promising to name her cats after the up and coming star, Patrick Wilson; but I have to say, when I finally got around to listening to the cast album when it was released years later, I loved it and wish I saw it too.

broadwaybabe1234 Profile Photo
broadwaybabe1234
#26Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/9/10 at 4:13pm

[title of show] a year after it closed i got the soundtrack... now im utterly boiling that i didn't get to see it!!

[believe]

Xman8 Profile Photo
Xman8
#27Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/9/10 at 6:19pm

Starlight Express the 1984 London version..I was on the floor with amazement after listening to "He Whistled at Me" since it felt so electro-pop-ish and I wanted soooo bad to see it on stage. Luckily, I saw it....in German... at the Starlighthalle built in Bochum. You'd think a show in a small industrial town like Bochum wouldn't have a big crowd after being open for 21 years. Nope, it had a big crowd..and I was able to see a rendition of my favourite song from the show, this time shortened to 2 minutes and retitled "He'll Whistle at Me" The show then became a mixture of 1992 New London and 1984 Original London and no longer followed the trend of '89 Broadway. Still to this day I wish I could see a video of the original "He Whistled at Me" performed by the late Stephanie Lawrence

WishingOnlyWounds2
#28Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/9/10 at 6:22pm

Aida
Bombay Dreams
Les Mis Revival (Knew about the show, not the revival, never got to see it live.)
Seussical

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#29Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/11/10 at 6:57pm

[title of show], definitely, but my ultimate is "Light in the Piazza." I'm not usually the person who listens to recordings of shows that I have not seen, but I took a chance on this one and just fell in love. I bought the libretto and have read it a few times. I am dying to see it onstage! I would love to get my hands on some sort of video of the original production though, because I love Kelli O'Hara and Matthew Morrison!

phantomcrazy14 Profile Photo
phantomcrazy14
#30Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/12/10 at 5:47pm

Young Frankenstein, Hairspray, Ragtime (revival), Into the Woods, Sweeney Todd (revival), 13, Les Miserables (revival)

dg22894
#31Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/12/10 at 6:12pm

Zanna Dont
Glory Days
Title of Show
Seussical
Tick Tick BOOM

Upland
#32Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/12/10 at 9:35pm

I wish I had gotten to see the original cast of Dreamgirls.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#33Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/25/10 at 10:25pm

Yesterday, I bought "The Story of My Life" on iTunes...now I have to add this to my list. I was getting all teary eyed on the bus! Someone please explain to me why they were not eligible to be nominated? They did open didn't they?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

Sant
#34Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/26/10 at 5:55pm

KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
SUNSET BOULEVARD
CARRIE
THE WHO'S TOMMY

Hank
#35Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/26/10 at 6:09pm

Taboo. I love the cast recording.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
Geridith Profile Photo
Geridith
#37Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/26/10 at 6:33pm

[title of show], Jersey Boys OBC

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#38Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 1:41pm

Just finished exploring my new cast recording of "The Light in the Piazza" ...and it is officially on my list now too.

Mattbrain
#39Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 3:20pm

Parade -- Although I did see the SpeakEasy stage production.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#40Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 10:53pm

GatorNY, Story of My Life only ran for 5 regular performances and that wasn't a long enough run to be eligible for Tony Awards. I don't know what the exact regulation is but it was determined that it was too short of a run.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#41Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 11:07pm

Thanks for the answer...you are Marvelous!

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#42Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 11:14pm

THE LISBON TRAVIATA. Whenever I read that play I hear Nathan Lane's voice as Mendy. Wish I could have seen that. They're doing this at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. this spring with John Glover as Mendy and Malcom Gets as Stephen. Ack, I wish I could go.

SARAFINA. Why didn't I see this?!

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 2/27/10 at 11:14 PM

GreenGirl5 Profile Photo
GreenGirl5
#43Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 11:43pm

Beauty and the Beast- Got the soundtrack a year after it closed
9 to 5
The Light in the Piazza
Aida

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#44Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/27/10 at 11:50pm

GG5...trust me, 9 to 5....you didn't miss much. I wanted to like it. I love Dolly. But it just wan't very good at all.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#45Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/28/10 at 2:40am

Gator,
they recorded Piaza for television. You can find it if you ask around. They did a really good job in capturing the performances. Especially Victoria Clark's.

Most of the musicals I really wish I could have seen are the older ones.
I recently discovered Goodtime Charlie and just love love love the score. Ann Renking is amazing.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 3/1/10 at 02:40 AM

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#46Shows you discovered after they closed and never got to see
Posted: 2/28/10 at 8:28pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie

Videos