pixeltracker

So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?- Page 2

So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?

fbueller
#25So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 11:32am

Which is worse...a BJ or a crying baby?

Ed_Mottershead
#26So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 12:47pm

Babies aren't the only ones who sleep through The Lion King.

BroadwayEd

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#27So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 1:57pm

perfectlymarvelous
i agree with you. people know their kids. mine is always engaged at four and is in awe. but like i say the moment there is any discomfort, squirmy standing up and noisy starts of sound...we leave. expensive, but would be done. i have never experienced that yet. it isn't fair to the other patrons to stay.

mistermatt
would the Radio City Christmas Spectacular have the same sort of policy as the Nutcracker about kids?

"it's a dirty little war"

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#28So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 2:22pm

I don't mean to be harsh, but I believe that any baby brought into a theater should be confiscated and destroyed.

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#29So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 5:48pm

I was in 12th Night in a professional production and right in the front row was a kid who was 5 years old. He didn't make a sound throughout the whole thing. I met him after the show and his parents have been taking him to theatre for a long time. Its refreshing to see kids at shows but certainly not ones that can't behave.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#30So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 5:57pm

these discussions make me want to retell the story of a woman who was breastfeeding her infant in the front row of Spelling Bee (when it was off broadway). Cast members mentioned to the crew that it was distracting.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#31So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 6:06pm

If you can bring them in & than trade them for a t shirt & magnet, I am all for it.

Poster Emeritus

actionjaxson91 Profile Photo
actionjaxson91
#32So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 6:17pm

"Babies aren't the only ones who sleep through The Lion King."

^Made my day. I lol'ed.

Dollypop
#33So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 6:36pm

We're taking my five-year old granddaughter to see IMAGINOCEAN at New World Stages next weekend. She's extremely bright but terribly inquisitive. Hopefully she won't cause any problems.

A few summers ago we took her to a local production of PETER PAN AND WENDY and she was crawling under the seats. (It really was a dreadful production!). We do think it's imprtant to introduce her to such things, though.

Wish us luck!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#34So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 7:39pm

I don't mean to be harsh, but I believe that any baby brought into a theater should be confiscated and destroyed.

Or handed off to a homeless person like doggie bags.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Jersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
#35So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/15/10 at 9:47pm

>>>I don't even think babies should be allowed in friggin' church...
LOL, I would have do disagree with that.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss."

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#36So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/16/10 at 11:04am

It is technically the policy not to admit children under the age of 4 precisely for all the reasons mentioned: they can't sit still, they can't keep quiet, etc. In the times I've seen the house manager makes an exception, he or she seats the parents near the exits so that if the child starts up a ruckus, they can get out quickly and disturb surrounding patrons as little as possible. Whether the parents are considerate enough to actually remove their children is another story...

Sorry they ruined your experience, Jordan. :-P

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#37So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/16/10 at 7:26pm

"I think all theaters SAY no one under 4 will be admitted...but I'm not sure if any of them would enforce it."

This. When we were at Shrek, my cousin asked one of the ushers if it would've been alright if she had taken her son with us (who was 2 at the time but she didn't take because I had told her about the supposed 'no kids 4 and under' rule) and he said yes they would've let him in. He said that they let a lot of kids that young in, the only problem is that most of the parents end up spending more time in the lobby with them because they don't always sit still. So yeah, I don't think they enforce that rule.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#38So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/16/10 at 10:19pm

^ it was Shrek though. i think some shows they would be more strict on enforcing it, and some not so much.

"it's a dirty little war"

lstbutifulgrl2
#39So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/16/10 at 10:53pm

i have to say one of the funniest baby encounters i've had at a show was at Rock of Ages (i think it was last summer). You could hear a baby cry throughout the show, and when James Carpinello ad-libs the line during Renegade he said "what? it's not like I brought a baby to a rock show". The entire audience erupted in laughter.

I've seen a ton of young kids at RoA and recently at AI. I guess some of it goes over their heads, but with a show like RoA, if you're young enough to need a booster seat, it's not appropriate.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

NeoNormal Profile Photo
NeoNormal
#40So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/17/10 at 12:50am

Babies in a theater are like screaming babies on an airplane and you know how that goes...

#41So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/17/10 at 1:03am

i usually coat check my baby and pick it up after the show.

gcontini2 Profile Photo
gcontini2
#42So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/17/10 at 1:15am

So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?

you can bring them, but they don't stay long

Updated On: 4/17/10 at 01:15 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#43So You Can Bring Babies Into A Theater Now?
Posted: 4/17/10 at 2:14pm

That is like beating a dead horse.

Poster Emeritus

Videos