#26Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:20pm

She did the tour and then nothing...

I heard she wasn't that good anyway.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#27Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:23pm

I saw Kerry's final performance on Broadway- granted she was giving it her all that night, but she was fantastic: accent, riffs, and all.

Idina chose to do an American accent (well, no accent) in London, she wasn't really a big name at that time so I don't see why Kerry wouldn't have the same courtesy.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#28Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:27pm

Idina was a HUGE Wicked name at the time. She was making bank for doing London and COULD do what she wanted. She even had the stipulation of cutting the trap door for the melting. That being said, London also doesn't hold their actresses as rigidly as Broadway does.

I saw Kerry a week before she went back to London and she was fab then.

And also, Kerry going to Broadway was I think just for them to finalize their trade off with bringing Idina to London unionwise.
Updated On: 2/21/11 at 11:27 PM

Wishing Only Wounds
#29Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:35pm

Well, I've never been an Idina fan, so excuse me for undermining her fame. But I meant Wicked aside, she did not have the same recognition she now possesses.

Kerry said in an interview that Broadway was always a dream of hers and after the first London cast change, she and Stephen Schwartz were talking at a cast party and Broadway came up over drinks... she never thought anything would come of it... but Stephen wound up calling her about a year later.

husk_charmer
#30Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:39pm

Did Wicked have to do a trade deal with the unions to bring Idina over? She DID win the Tony and was billed above the title...

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Wishing Only Wounds
#31Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:43pm

Kerry was billed above the title too (on Broadway at least) ...I believe she and Kendra were the final actresses to be billed as so.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#32Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/21/11 at 11:59pm

For the record, Kendra never had a 6 show a week schedule.

Actually, for a time in San Francisco, Kendra only did perform six shows a week. I don't know what the reasons were, but standby Libby Servais was going on twice a week for a while.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#33Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/22/11 at 1:08am

The actresses playing Elphaba and Glinda are no longer billed above the title? Interesting. Make's sense, I just wasn't aware they made that change.

Tried to see Katie 5 times in Buffalo...each time was unsuccessful.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Wishing Only Wounds
#34Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/25/11 at 6:36pm

Saw them last night, Teal was much better than I expected (especially loved her No Good Deed)! Katie, on the other hand, really needs to go on voice rest, she was more enthusiastic than the last time I saw her, but her belt has really diminished.

ohjustjake
#35Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 10:50am

IdinaBellFoster - i also tried to catch Katie in Buffalo a couple times, and got one of the understudies each time.

beautywickedlover
#36Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 12:01pm

"Katie, on the other hand, really needs to go on voice rest, she was more enthusiastic than the last time I saw her, but her belt has really diminished."

Either she's not feeling well or she needs to go on vacation.

wicked4l
#37Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 12:09pm

Katie was barely in the Buffalo run. I saw the show 6 times during its stop and only saw her twice. I ended up seeing each Glinda (Katie Rose, Melissa Bohon, and Meggie Cansler) twice.

Wishing Only Wounds
#38Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 1:06pm

Quick, little, (random) thing: when I saw Katie on Thursday, right after the wand-twirl in the Cornfield scene, the wand got stuck on her dress and she couldn't throw it down.

First flub I've ever seen at Wicked... it was quite funny.

klacombe@uoguelph.ca Profile Photo
klacombe@uoguelph.ca
#39Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 1:30pm

From what I've heard that is a regular occurance :) But never seen it happen myself.

Wishing Only Wounds
#40Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 2:54pm

Well, it took nine times for me to see that happen.

CPat6783
#41Wicked this afternoon----Katie and Teal out
Posted: 2/26/11 at 11:26pm

I personally haven't seen Jenny, but judging from audios I think she sounds great. I have seen Teal twice and I loved her performance both times on Broadway. Everyone has a different opinion and I respect that. I am also a big fan of Mandy. I love different things about each of them, but the reason for the post is not a Mandy and Teal comparison, but for some reason I feel like people are going to come back with a Mandy comment hence why I think I am going to discuss her.

As for attendance issues, this is pure speculation, but after a Mandy/Lara show I saw in December I talked to an ensemble member and asked if Katie was ok, and this person said Katie was on a leave of absence due to some things that needed to be taken care of with her family. Perhaps a close family is or was ill? I know its important for actors to do their 8 shows, but sometimes things happen, and if we all think it's so bad why are they still performing. Katie did do an 8 week show the week Teal had her debut, and the following two weeks were 7 week shows.

As for Teals attendance, she has only missed twice so far and it has almost been a month run for her. Aside from Nicole, and perhaps a few others, most Elphies miss in their first month. Mandy missed her third week, Marcie missed her 3 or 4th, and I can go on and on. Marcie missed alot on tour.

Who cares if they missed, let alone why. Maybe she had an engagement arranged prior, maybe she was sick with a stomach virus, maybe it was vocal problems. MY point is who cares! People need to stop making assumptions, yes Teal had a poor run in San Fran, but her run in LA she had pretty good attendance. After I talked to her at SD in Broadway I asked her how hard it is to do this vocally, and she said that its hard, not just on the voice but on the whole body. I think if her voice was such an issue as many people make it out to be, she wouldn"t be doing the riffs she does in DG, she would be just be doing it the safe way like she did in San Fran.

Even Mandy who everyone calls the beast missed at least once a month, and when that happened did everyone chime in? NO

So please lets just stop assuming things.

Videos