pixeltracker

Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion- Page 2

Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion

Jon
#25Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 2:08pm

Kay McClelland seems to have returned to her home town of Atlanta and semi-retired. Her last NYC credit was standing by for Donna Murphy (and later Faith Prince) in the KING AND I revival around 1997.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 6:20pm

I'm sure she'll do a production of GYPSY somewhere eventually.

They all do.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#27Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 8:37pm

Answer my questions, Catalano, I'm crazy enough to try and organize you a solid.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Jordan Catalano
#28Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 8:40pm

Oh, lol. I didn't even see that post!

If I had it my way it would be exactly the way it was done with the original cast on the video with none of those horrendous changes (at least they were in my eyes) done for the revival. I appreciate Sondheim's wanting to "fix" some things he thought didn't work but this is one show that should have left well enough alone.

Just my two cents. :)

binau Profile Photo
binau
#29Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 8:44pm

Gaveston, I think Bernadette could easily sing the witch again, especially in a concert setting. Her voice may not be as pleasant (in terms of texture) as it was in 1987, but she is still a powerhouse. It doesn't sound like she needs to use a lot of effort to make sounds (cf. Alice Ripley).

It would be interesting to see how she interprets the role after all these years.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 10/10/11 at 08:44 PM

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#30Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 8:45pm

Your two cents are what I'm looking for. I can't make promises, but Santa's gonna make some calls to his workshop and see what he comes out with.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Jordan Catalano
#31Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion
Posted: 10/10/11 at 8:55pm

Well if Santa can get them all together for a concert version of the show that made little 10 year old Jordan Catalano fall in love with musical theater while sitting at home in North Florida all those years ago, I'll be Santa's best friend.

Side note - I'd also give anything to get the rest of this window card signed

Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Reunion

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#32Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:21pm

I bet your wish comes true next season. I love ITW also!
Updated On: 10/11/11 at 04:21 PM

Jordan Catalano
Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#35Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:50pm

How is Edmund Lyndeck holding up these days?

Jordan Catalano
#36Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/11/11 at 4:51pm

PM a brotha with some detsils!!

romgitsean
#37Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/12/11 at 7:31am

I would die if this could happen. I'd love to see Ben Wright and Danielle Ferland again. Have they been active performers at all since? Last I remember Ben was a performance agent of some sort?

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM
Updated On: 10/12/11 at 07:31 AM

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#38Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/12/11 at 9:06am

I would really LOVE to see a reunion of the original Off-Broadway cast of Assassins...what an amazing ensemble but star-filled cast, especially for off-b'way.

But if there is an ITW reunion, do it quick, Barbara Bryne's 82!

Jon
#39Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/12/11 at 12:04pm

Ben was in State Fair about 12 years ago. Danielle was in A Year with Frog and Toad about 7 years ago.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#40Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/12/11 at 1:19pm

Danielle Ferland was in the All My Sons revival even more recently. Merle Louise is still in Billy Elliott I assume?
Updated On: 10/12/11 at 01:19 PM

boredroom
#41Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/12/11 at 3:11pm

Would love to see Chuck Wagner back in this as well as Chip, Joanna and Bernadette - I'm with you in wanting this! Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re

FrauleinKost    Profile Photo
FrauleinKost
#42Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 10/13/11 at 9:24am

This thread is making me tingly!! *fingers crossed*

"I chose and my world was shaken--so what? The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not. You have to move on"

Jordan Catalano
#43Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 11/14/11 at 11:35am

I still want this, Santa. Christmas is only 6 weeks away. Let's not make me have to hurt Prancer.

AMH Profile Photo
AMH
#44Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 11/17/11 at 12:52pm

Yes! This definitely needs to happen!

"I'm the swell swab on the poop deck."

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#46Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 11/17/11 at 11:31pm

How is Edmund Lyndeck holding up these days?

He's related to a friend of mine and while he just did a small acting gig (in a movie, I believe), I don't think he's very well.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jordan Catalano
#47Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 12/19/11 at 10:58am

Less than a week away, fat man.

Make it happen or Prancer and Blitzen are sausage.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#48Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 12/19/11 at 12:21pm

If I had it my way it would be exactly the way it was done with the original cast on the video with none of those horrendous changes (at least they were in my eyes) done for the revival.

Except Our Little World. That can stay in.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#49Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re
Posted: 12/19/11 at 12:32pm

Re: ITW 25th — doesnt *anyone* here have connections to discuss this with the Philharmonic people? This seems like such a natural for them.

http://docandraider.com

Videos