Your favorite flops...

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#25Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/26/11 at 8:59pm

I HEARTILY AGREE with all of the above titles, except for one:

THE BAKER'S WIFE. Ugh! I saw it in Boston, and with the exception of Teri Ralston's opening number, I thought the entire show was atrocious. and laughable at times.

PEW-RINA!

brian.klimowski
#26Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/26/11 at 10:12pm

I love parade.

husk_charmer
#27Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/26/11 at 10:15pm

I thought Grand Hotel and Secret Garden both recouped...

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

Nick Murphy
#28Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/26/11 at 10:38pm

The 1984 THE THREE MUSKETEERS was written for a young cast and has glorious music by Rudolph Friml

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#29Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/26/11 at 11:10pm

Taboo

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#30Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/27/11 at 3:43am

Legally Blonde
Bonnie and Clyde
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

...Curtains(?) ...did that recoup?

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#31Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/28/11 at 5:32am

I've seen Secret Garden mentioned as a flop onhere before, but surely it and Grand Hotel don't fall into the flop category that something like Doll's Life did. I saw both on tour where they seemed to do well and they had fairly lengthy New York runs (though of coursethat doesn't mean they recouped)

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#32Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/28/11 at 9:12am

I never got to see this show on Broadway, but I did see some promotional video. I'm talking about Valerie Harper's "Looped." It was FUnny! from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#33Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/28/11 at 3:35pm

Bajour

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#34Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/28/11 at 5:28pm

The Full Monty. Thought it was funnier than the Producers. Never got the solid reviews and great word-of-mouth.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gcontini2 Profile Photo
gcontini2
#35Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/29/11 at 12:27am

Parade
Merrily We Roll Along
Bombay Dreams

a maybe a nod to
Jane Eyre, Cry Baby, and 13

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#36Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/29/11 at 4:14am

Add me to the Triumph of Love fan club!

And the London production of The Baker's Wife was mostly beautiful!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#37Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/29/11 at 4:16am

Bakers Wife has Schwartz' best score I think, although I don't think too much of the additions made for London (or new lyrics), and it seems like from building up the village aspect they made the focus of the show even worse (Trevor Nunn has said after his production he thinks it would work best as a small cast chamber or TV musical...)

Aaronscandy
#38Your favorite flops...
Posted: 12/29/11 at 11:18am

The Pirate Queen
Taboo
Enron
Bonnie & Clyde
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson

Videos