Mike3 Profile Photo
Mike3
#25Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/22/13 at 11:23pm

ASSASSINS

willep
#26Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/22/13 at 11:28pm

First one that came to my mind was Jerusalem. Glad to see I'm no tht eonly one that loved that set.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#27Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 12:18am

For visual impact, I have to agree with the mention of the Javert suicide scene. I saw the one where he climbs over the bridge railing, jumps, and the bridge is pulled up to make it look like he is falling. That was my first professional theater production, and that scene had an enormous visual impact on me that remains the most visually memorable one to this day.

I also love the cleverness of the Spiderman set, especially the pop-up classroom and the Chrysler building.

For beauty, I have enjoyed the recent sets of Harvey, Nice Work If You Can Get It, and A Christmas Story. In the latter, i also liked how they handled the driving scenes with the moving trees.

Theatrical Landladies Profile Photo
Theatrical Landladies
#28Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 10:50am

ROBIN WAGNER has done some terrific work:

CITY OF ANGELS
ON THE 2Oth CENTURY
LA CAGE AUX FOLLES (original production)
VICTOR VICTORIA
THE LIFE
SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

"Your eyes..... they shine like the pants on my blue serge suit"

Rhoda4 Profile Photo
Rhoda4
#29Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 11:43am

"Aida" - - - The sets and lighting were visually stunning. Didn't realize the impact and importance of it all until seeing the scaled down touring production, and a summer stock production.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#30Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 11:57am

Favorite Scenery

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#31Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 12:01pm

I'm going with the sets from the original production of Annie, and Light in the Piazza.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#32Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 1:18pm

"Shogun: The Musical"

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

dave1606
#33Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 2:04pm

I LOVED the set of Into the Woods in the park last summer despite the fact that most of the cast spent the entire time out of breath running up and down it.

The Heiress was truly stunning. One of my favorites for sure.

Matilda also comes to mind. I love the way the blocks extend out into the theater.

Gothampc
#34Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 5:50pm

Several years ago, Lincoln Center did Twelfth Night. The scenery was well done and even had a swimming pool onstage.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#35Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 6:34pm

Both have already been mentioned but I agree about The Secret Garden and The Pillowman.

54thstreet
#36Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 10:49pm

American Idiot (robbed of a nomination!)
yes what are you talking about it won the tony!!!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#38Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 11:19pm

^ The Secret Garden.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#39Favorite Scenery
Posted: 7/23/13 at 11:32pm

Michael Yeargan's work on both THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA and SOUTH PACIFIC immediately came to mind.

Videos