Littleshopofcarrie
#25GROUNDED
Posted: 4/26/15 at 8:30pm

Anyone think that this will transfer?

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#26GROUNDED
Posted: 4/26/15 at 8:33pm

I was there this afternoon and was very impressed with it too, glad to see these kinds of reviews! :) 

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#27GROUNDED
Posted: 4/26/15 at 10:51pm

Rave from the Times. 

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/27/theater/anne-hathaways-solo-turn-as-a-fighter-pilot-in-grounded-at-the-public-theater.html

LightsOut90
#28GROUNDED
Posted: 4/26/15 at 11:46pm

id say its very likely to transfer.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#29GROUNDED
Posted: 4/27/15 at 1:24am

I'd think that is reliant on Hathaway's schedule. 

LightsOut90
#30GROUNDED
Posted: 4/27/15 at 1:38am

there have been rumors to begin with that this was looking to transfer based on reviews, and the reviews so far have been a home run. 

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#31GROUNDED
Posted: 4/27/15 at 8:30am

why would it be a lock to transfer if it can't even fill a small theatre?

inception Profile Photo
inception
#32GROUNDED
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:40am

If she's the one hoping for a transfer, she'll have to pull another "Basic Instinct" & then go on TV & cry about it again to get anyone to care.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#33GROUNDED
Posted: 4/28/15 at 1:44am

"why would it be a lock to transfer if it can't even fill a small theatre?"

You could have asked the producers of "Passing Strange" that as well. I guess sometimes people just believe in a piece?

I also don't think a limited run on Broadway of a show starring Anne Hathaway with what I imagine is a pretty low running cost would struggle TOO hard to make a profit. 

Wilmingtom
#34GROUNDED
Posted: 4/28/15 at 2:19am

There's no reason for a transfer. It's perfect right where it is. Is it so hard to believe that every play produced doesn't aspire to being on Broadway?

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#35GROUNDED
Posted: 4/28/15 at 10:47pm

I saw the show tonight and I'm pretty sure it was sold out. Hathaway was fantastic, as was the set design and the special effects. I did think it got a bit long in the tooth by the end of it and I wasn't a huge fan of the actual ending but it was very solid with Hathaway giving one hell of a performance.

As for the "stage door," I asked an usher where to go to get her to sign my Playbill. The usher told me that she wouldn't be signing but she was kind of snarky about it and I kind of took it as she rarely signs (if at all anymore). Who knows, that's just how I personally took it but from her body language and the way she said it, it doesn't seem like it happens often. 

LightsOut90
#36GROUNDED
Posted: 4/29/15 at 12:28am

just saying it took her awhile to come out but I did see her signing for the few remaining people this past Thursday.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#37GROUNDED
Posted: 4/29/15 at 7:44am

LightsOut90, how long did it take for her to come out? I'm seeing the show on Sunday, but I can't stay too long afterwards.  (I hope there's no closing Hamilton party that will close the lobby!)

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#38GROUNDED
Posted: 4/29/15 at 9:54am

Anyone recall the length of the show?  We grabbed the last two (partial view) seats for the Sunday matinee of Memorial Day weekend

BroadwayFan1231
#39GROUNDED
Posted: 4/29/15 at 11:30am

It's about 90 minutes, no intermission. 

Wee Thomas2
#40GROUNDED
Posted: 4/29/15 at 12:28pm

"It's about 90 minutes, no intermission. "

Thanks.  I saw one listing at 70 minutes, so this is good to see.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#41GROUNDED
Posted: 5/14/15 at 7:35pm

Anyone 'stage door' this show recently? What's your experience?

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Wee Thomas2
#42GROUNDED
Posted: 5/26/15 at 10:44am

OMG but this was amazing.  The set is incredible -- you have no idea when you walk in what they have done with the space and what will happen with the space until things go on.  And Hathaway was spectacular.  Such a difficult role with so much emotion and she did it so well.  Even showed off her lip synch skills (that some of us already knew about) nicely.

Glad we got to see this before it closed.  Would be nice if it could get revived so more folks could see it.

Videos