#28Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 12:45pm

ha!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#29Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 12:52pm

I just have to wonder who else the producers might have in mind to come into the show. I'm sure they'd like to keep it open through the holidays to make money. I don't see the show lasting until it's 2nd anniversary without some big names to boost sales.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

rjm516
#30Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 1:01pm

Lolol Darren Criss is 'extremely famous' but Taye Diggs is not famous? To some teenagers, yes. To everyone else, no. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#31Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 1:14pm

ACL, if the show continues at the present level, it is returning a profit. There are quie a few people at varying levels of stature who would be interested and if they can find the right mix, they can make it through or to next spring. The real question is what the Shuberts have in play for the theatre in the spring. It is well to remember that, other than the Rylance Shakespeares, it has been well over a decade since the theatre enjoyed a tenant that produced as well as Hedwig is currently performing for them.

ChiTheaterFan
#32Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 1:30pm

Taye Diggs has his face on a giant billboard in Times Square for a new TV show, he starred for over 5 years on a popular TV show, he was in the original cast of Rent and the movie, and he's been in several movies.  I think that's pretty famous.

As far as I know, Darren Criss is basically only known from Glee.  Which is not to diminish him or his talent or to say he's not famous; I just don't think the target audience for Hedwig is the Glee crowd, so I don't know that his fame will translate to ticket sales.  I don't know that the same can be said for Taye Diggs.  I think there are a lot of people who may have seen Hedwig already but will return just to see him.  I know a lot of people excited to see him return to Broadway.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing them both, and I'll be interested to see whether they line someone else up after Diggs.  (The website says it's a limited 12 week run, which would mean mid-October.  Of course doesn't mean it couldn't be cut short or extended, although with his new TV show I imagine he probably can't stay on too long.)

FindingNamo
#33Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 1:33pm

Guys, guys, let's not have a Fame War.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#34Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:00pm

"As far as I know, Darren Criss is basically only known from Glee.  "

Google Starkid. They have a pretty vocal following. (I'm not one of them, and I only found out about them when people started going nuts after AJ Holmes joined Book of Mormon.) 

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#35Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:17pm

Starkid is the main reason i saw Darren since glee got bad a while ago.... I thought he was extremely famous because of glee but i guess i was wrong.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#36Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:25pm

Had no desire to see NPH when it opened.  Am not crazy about the music. Said I would only go if JCM decided to do it. Well, I was not able to catch him so I didn't think anymore about it as I had no desire see any of the other actors that have been doing it and no real strong desire to see the show. Taye may change that.

Just give the world Love.

ChiTheaterFan
#37Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:43pm

""As far as I know, Darren Criss is basically only known from Glee.  "
Google Starkid. They have a pretty vocal following. (I'm not one of them, and I only found out about them when people started going nuts after AJ Holmes joined Book of Mormon.) "

Interesting! And they are Chicago-based. I've heard it mentioned in passing but didn't know anything about it. Thanks for sharing. 

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#38Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:51pm

Taye Diggs is extremely famous. His name is more recognizable than Andrew Rannell, John Cameron Mitchell, Darren Criss and Michael C Hall.  He is a recognized Sex Symbol. Has been in hits at the film box office (maybe not movies you have seen), and has been on television series for over decade. 

Will he sale tickets to Hedwig is another issue but lets not underestimate Digg's fame. Women go nuts for him. 

skies Profile Photo
skies
#39Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:53pm

I am so looking forward to Taye, just interested in his take on Hedwig.  It's been too long since Taye has been on BW.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

ChiTheaterFan
#40Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 2:56pm

"Women go nuts for him.  "

Truth. So dreamy. 

I also think he's very talented but I would be lying if I said my desire to see him in this show has nothing to do with his super hotness. 

Updated On: 6/16/15 at 02:56 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#41Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 3:01pm

Why is there war?

Though war may seem a bloody curse, it is a blessing in reverse.  When canon roar, both rich and poor by danger are united ('til every wrong is righted).  Philosophers make evident the point that I have cited.  'Tis war makes equal, as it were, the noble and the commoner.  Thus, war improves relations.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#42Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:32pm

He said in an interview last week that he will wear a blonde wig but they will adjust the color of it a bit to look better on him.

Just give the world Love.

FindingNamo
#43Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:45pm

I want a 15 foot wide Angela Davis afro.  And I do not think that's too much to ask.

"Women go nuts for him."

Especially the lesbians, amirightwomen?

skies Profile Photo
skies
#44Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:50pm

Taye has done two of those "best man" movies,  (with Terrence Howard, Nia  Long, ertc) with a third one to come.   

He really has had a balanced career with a mix of theatre, TV and film.  I would imagine he doesn't come cheap to Hedwig, even for a limited run.   I'm guessing he's finished filming for the second season of TV series if he's committed through Oct.

"when I’m on stage I see the abyss and have to overcome it by telling myself it’s only a play." - Helen Mirren

ChiTheaterFan
#45Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:57pm

With all this discussion I can hardly wait to see this. I think he's going to be fabulous. 

You'll see, boys. 

Aaaaaand now I think I'm going to Netflix rent. :)

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#46Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 5:58pm

"i don't think lots of teenage girls moms want them seeing they show due to the subject matter.  "

I think it depends on the age of the teenager. The subject matter is not THAT bad. If they are 13 maybe not, but for teenagers 15 and up I don't see that it would be that much of an issue. I personally know 3 teenage girls who have seen the show with their parents.

skies Profile Photo
skies
#47Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 6:15pm

With Taye I'm guessing his fans don't have any problems with the content of Hedwig.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#48Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 6:16pm

Skies, the pay structure is likely to be cheap with a kicker. So if the gross goes above a set point (likely approximately the weekly nut), he would get back end comp that could be considerable (as it was for NPH) or not (as it has been for most of the others).

skies Profile Photo
skies
#49Will Hedwig close?
Posted: 6/16/15 at 6:24pm

Hogans that makes sense.   So Taye is rewarded accordingly if he delivers at the box office.     Win/Win as long as it covers the weekly nut.

Videos