pixeltracker

LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way - Page 2

LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way

aaaaaa15
#25LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:36am

That may be the case for some, but the vast majority of people will vote for either one of the two candidates. Some cast members of Hamilton have already confirmed they support Hillary.

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 01:36 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:39am

So then call out. Who the hell cares? But it's no different than my scenerio above, though. 

Broadway Forever2
#27LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:42am

I gues They can call in sick if they want. But they wouldn't get paid. I get that this election has really been intense and divided many people but really it's either Hilary or Trump. Hamilton has supported the Democratic Party before so it's nothing new. 

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#28LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:42am

Jordan Catalano said: "So then call out. Who the hell cares? But it's no different than my scenerio above, though. 

"

I'm not arguing with your scenario above and I guess many people would have to their jobs regardless. However, I personally wouldn't work for a company that projects their political beliefs on their employees. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#29LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:44am

It must be nice to be so privelaged to be in a postition where you can choose your job based on what your employer's political affiliations are. 

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 01:44 AM

Broadway Forever2
#30LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:47am

backwoodsbarbie said: "Jordan Catalano said: "So then call out. Who the hell cares? But it's no different than my scenerio above, though. 

"

I'm not arguing with your scenario above and I guess many people would have to their jobs regardless. However, I personally wouldn't work for a company that projects their political beliefs on their employees. 

"

It's ONE performance which they will get paid for. They aren't forcing the cast  to do anything or go out and campaign for her. Funny how no one complained when they hosted the Obamas and held a fundraiser for the DNC like 10 months ago. 

rg7759
#31LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 2:58am

Trumps buying out American psycho

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#32LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 4:04am

I get it [I think] I've re-thought it. It's a job, it's a performance, the cast are getting paid, the show is not saying, or will influence, those to vote for Hillary and those in the audience have already decided. No-one gives a flying fxxk who the cast votes for[if they do], it's just a fund raiser at the most popular show in America [very broad statement].

Those photo opportunities with the cast afterwards though might be a little awkward for some but hey ! that's show biz publicity. [Look Ma ! that's me with the new President].

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#33LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:18am

So, if you work at a restaurant, you would refuse to work an evening that they sold out for a fundraiser or political gathering? Getting paid to work is not the same thing as supporting a candidate.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#34LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:49am

rg7759 said: "Trumps buying out American psycho"

LMAO! I actually thought it was smart of Lin to make a founding father a musical since it appeals to the entire nation, including the sitting president. I'd imagine if Mitt Romney won in 2012, he, too, would have watched this musical (though unsure whether he'd watch Book of Mormon... lol jk.)

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#35LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:55am

Steve C. said: " I don’t see how anyone could say no to this -- but don’t wait for it, because the contest closes Sunday at midnight. So I’m going to ask you one last time: Will you add your name for a chance to be in the room where it happens?"

Just noticed this is for July 12th. I know LMM, Philippa, and Leslie are all leaving on July 9th. Regardless, do you think LMM, Philippa, and Leslie would perform for this show or do you think July 9th is really their last performance.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#36LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:09am

Everyone "in the arts" is not supporting a third party candidate.  The bizarre hubris -- and mendacity -- in that strictly anecdotal observation is remarkable.  

FYI, Miranda is likely to appear the Democratic convention. One suspects he will not show up as a Sanders delegate. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#37LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:13am

AnnieBlack said: "Would be very entertaining to see Trump to try to do a Broadway fundraiser- what show?

If American Psycho wasn't closing, that would have been an option, some might say.

"

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#38LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:19am

"I hate when entertainment gets political and tries to sway people one way or the other. "

I agree and does anybody really think the Hillary Clinton campaign is going to need money - lol.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#39LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:29am

Nnothing should be taken for granted. Are you not following Brexit?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

aaaaaa15
#40LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:36am

Exactly. Trust me, as someone that lives in the UK I was not concerned and then the votes started coming in.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#41LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:38am

"Nnothing should be taken for granted. Are you not following Brexit?"

I assume you are asking me this question. I guess I don't know how you are connecting the people of England voting to leave the EU with a Broadway show raising money for a candidate who will get tons of money from Wall Street. 

After Eight
#42LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:56am

"Trust me"

Since for some bizarre reason, you seem to have taken on the role of number one fanboy/apologist/cheerleader for this show 24/7, I don't.

aaaaaa15
#43LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:58am

yankeefan7, the point is that if your country wants to defeat Trump, the only viable way is Hillary and the more help she gets to do so the better her chances. Also, all presidential candidates have fundraisers.

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 08:58 AM

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#44LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:02am

They should vote for Trump instead??

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#45LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:03am

So vote for Trump. Mrs. Clinton doesn't need your sarcastic butt. 

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#46LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:05am

You're a pill. 

Go vote for Bernie. We don't need you. 

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#47LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:36am

I think the title on this post is misleading, as it says, "LMM & Hillary...". Regardless of his political allegiance, I don't see his name mentioned anywhere in the text for this fundraiser. (At least not in the links that have been posted, or the email that Steven received). Maybe that's why some folks have jumped to some incorrect conclusions.

No one in the cast or crew has to vote for Hillary if they don't want to. Their performances at this fundraiser do not imply that any of them support her campaign. It's only an indication of their ability to do a job they were hired to do. That's all.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#48LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:11am

John Adams said: "I think the title on this post is misleading, as it says, "LMM & Hillary...". Regardless of his political allegiance, I don't see his name mentioned anywhere in the text for this fundraiser. (At least not in the links that have been posted, or the email that Steven received). Maybe that's why some folks have jumped to some incorrect conclusions.

No one in the cast or crew has to vote for Hillary if they don't want to. Their performances at this fundraiser do not imply that any of them support her campaign. It's only an indication of their ability to do a job they were hired to do. That's all.

"

Yes Plus I highly doubt LMM will be performing as Hamilton for this performance.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#49LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way
Posted: 6/26/16 at 11:59am

"yankeefan7, the point is that if your country wants to defeat Trump, the only viable way is Hillary and the more help she gets to do so the better her chances. Also, all presidential candidates have fundraisers. "

My point was I don't think the Hillary Clinton campaign will be hurting for cash.  She already has Hollywood behind her does she really need to finance her campaign through a Broadway show. This is the hottest show I can ever remember on Broadway and now if you are a rich Hillary supporter you can get good seats for a performance which bites IMO. Yes, all candidates have fundraisers but I personally hate it when both parties use the entertainment industry to raise cash for what you know will be slimy negative ads. IMO Trump's campaign is a walking time bomb and he will blow it so Democrats don't need to worry. Oh well, hope the actors performing the extra show don't mind. 

Videos