pixeltracker

Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film- Page 2

Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#25Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/17/22 at 5:26pm

B212323 said: "I'm fairly sure they'll use Carole's vocals so whether she can sing is not relevant."

Which has been commonly done in biographical films about musicians before. See Jamie Foxx in Ray, Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose, and Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody. Then again, it would a bit disappointing if that ends up being the case here since every single actress who played Carole King on stage did all of their own singing.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/17/22 at 6:03pm

Jamie Foxx and Rami Malek did their own singing.  Cotillard indeed lip-synced to Piaf’s vocals.  

verywellthensigh
#27Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/17/22 at 6:07pm

I'm glad Cholodenko is doing this.  She's no dum-dum and lord knows the Beautiful book needs all the help it can get.  

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#28Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/17/22 at 7:09pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Jamie Foxx and Rami Malek did their own singing. Cotillard indeed lip-synced to Piaf’s vocals. "

You are ignorant.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#29Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/17/22 at 8:34pm

TotallyEffed said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Jamie Foxx and Rami Malek did their own singing. Cotillard indeed lip-synced to Piaf’s vocals. "

You are ignorant.
"

And you’re a moronic idiot who looks even more stupid going out of the way to comment on EVERY ONE OF MY POSTS!  Regardless what it is.  cheeky

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#30Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/17/22 at 8:36pm

Anyone else think Daisy’s Normal People costar, Paul Mescal, would make a killer Gerry? Or am I crazy? I would love to see the two of them in something again.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 12/7/23 at 08:36 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#31Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/18/22 at 1:58am

“Jamie Foxx and Rami Malek did their own singing.”

we need to increase access to dementia medication. 

Globefan
#32Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 5/17/23 at 6:06pm

I wonder when they're gonna begin production on this film. 

Ke3
#33Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 5/17/23 at 10:45pm

Jamie Foxx did not sing in Ray which has always been a bit surprising to me. The man sings AND does impressions. His impression of Ray on Gold Digger by K*nye is exceptional when you listen to what his singing voice usually sounds like.

Globefan
#34Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/7/23 at 12:25pm

I wonder when we'll get more updates on this film. It's been a long time. 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#35Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/7/23 at 12:31pm

I’d rather this were a miniseries instead of a movie. The Brill Building scene is as ripe for a deep dive period piece as the Laurel Canyon scene was before “Daisy Jones and the Six.”

Varun Gangawane
#36Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/7/23 at 3:09pm

Daisy Edgar-Jones really caught my attention in "Where The Crawdads Sing." Excited to see her take on the role of Carole King in "Beautiful."

BETTY22
#37Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/7/23 at 3:33pm

Very talented - but I wish the big break went to a Broadway actor....

girlcop Profile Photo
girlcop
#38Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/7/23 at 11:29pm

Varun Gangawane said: "Daisy Edgar-Jones really caught my attention in "Where The Crawdads Sing." Excited to see her take on the role of Carole King in "Beautiful.""

Check out Normal People on Hulu if you really want to see her talent! 

A Theatre Fan 2023
#39Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
Posted: 12/8/23 at 2:24am

I really enjoyed the show (it is definitely one of the stronger jukebox musicals out there), and I'm looking forward to seeing this film, as I think it has strong potential. 

I am concerned about the casting, though. Is this girl's voice really up to it? I hope so, as I'm sick and tired of seeing musical films ruined by bad casting - Emma Watson's dreadful Belle (where every note sounds as though it's had to be autotuned) was particularly poor, while Russell Crowe's drunken Australian white trash take on Javert (complete with atrocious, weak singing) was just embarrassing. 

I hope directors have learnt a thing or two from Spielberg about how to translate a musical spectacularly for the screen. 

Videos