pixeltracker

Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.- Page 2

Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 3/31/04 at 12:28pm

I agree, her take on the role should bring something interesting to the film.

Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.

logan30
#26re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 3/31/04 at 4:38pm

Watch the trailer for THE STEPFORD WIVES. NK looks like she is auditioning for Ulla. She's going to be a wonderful Ulla!!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#27re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 4/2/04 at 11:10am

U think that was all Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovitch? Same for Nicole. Major "cutlets" time & padding to give her a "tush". BUT she def has the legs & did have some dance/movement training orig. so I think she will work out well. She was very comedic as the self absorbed weather woman in "To Die For"

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#28re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 2:52pm

Truthfully, Nicole Kidman is my idol! i absolutely adore her, shes awesome.. and... i met her.. sry, just bragging, but YES! she'd be awesome as ULLA!

Wicked Witch of the West

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#29re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:02pm

Actually this was announced MONTHS and MONTHS ago...not just a month ago. Yes, it's been discussed to death on this and other boards. Do a search on the topic and you'll find every opinion from 'hurray' to 'BLECH'...mine would be the latter.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

#30re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:42pm

Nicole is great! and plus her star power is more than Matthew's and Nathan's put together...she is more well known at the moment!

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#31re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:43pm

Count my vote for the latter, too, Sam!

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#32re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 9:54pm

WOW March is when this thread started and now its october. when will some threads just die.

for all you other Producer's comments and questions go and look on IMDB and find some anwsers. http://imdb.com/title/tt0395251/ thats for the Producers(2005)

need to defrag my brain.

mizzie Profile Photo
mizzie
#33re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:00pm

I don't think Nicole Kidman is a great singer for the role, but I think she'll be able to act it out well.

shesings
#34re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 10:54pm

Nicole is my fav actress, however I'm worried. Shes not nearly curvy enough. She is downright frail. I seriously could snap her in half. I think shes gorgeous, but I wish they'd have kept Ulla more curvacious. I'm sure they'll pad her up, but there are so many actresses out there who actually are curvy and could do the role just as well. Maybe even better. I think she'll act it wonderfully, but can she belt? She is an alright singer, but why not get someone amazing! Then again I trust old Mel. I guess we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime I'll just focus on worrying about POTO.

nycdncr Profile Photo
nycdncr
#35re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/11/04 at 11:32pm

I think she'll be great. I wish they'd have given it to Cady Huffman, but....she's not a big enough 'name'.....which I think is absurd. It's a shame that talent takes a back seat to fame in this day and age.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

MTGoddess
#36re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/12/04 at 2:12am

Call me crazy, but I'm just really glad they cast a tall girl in the part. As one myself, I may be a little biased, but I would have felt a little cheated if they would have taken one of the few parts that a tall girl could actually play and given it to a short person. I was glad she took the role, and I think that with some vocal training and dance lessons, she'll be pretty good.

-----------
My life flows on in endless song above earth's lamentations!

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#37re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:08am

Ulla is always played by a tall actress.

WayWicked
#38re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/12/04 at 1:45pm

This is why I come to brodwaywrold.com..for this kind of breaking news.

In related information, Michael Crawford has been cast in the lead in a musical about a phantom in some opera house.

I give this one a month run.

Happy Happy Joy Joy

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#39re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/15/04 at 7:08pm

I hear Robert Goulet is doing 'Camelot' -- oh wait...that's true, huh?

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#40re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/15/04 at 7:11pm

I think the casting of Nicole Kidman (and Will Ferrell) are brilliant ideas. They are both amazingly funny performers, and I don't think that Mel Brooks would do anything stupid. He's a smart man.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#41re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/16/04 at 8:01pm

Wait! Kidman is an 'amazingly funny performer'? What have I missed?

Caravaggio Profile Photo
Caravaggio
#42re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/16/04 at 11:17pm

"I don't think that Mel Brooks would do anything stupid. He's a smart man."

You must have forgotten WHEN THINGS WERE ROTTEN.

I'm happy as long as there are brownies in the green room.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#43re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/17/04 at 2:11pm

Eddie...DEAR, DEAR Eddie...as much as I love you...I have to disagree. Her taken on the film isn't really needed to make the film interesting but even if a different take might add something interesting to the film (and it might) I don't believe she is the one to provide it. She is not a good comedienne and she can't sing well enough to BELT...AND she is a stick (not a curvaceous young woman as the part calls for) so will she be wearing a 'fat suit' throughout the filming?

Sorry, Nicole is overexposed at this point and I am a bit tired of her being in every film made, much less in this film. If we wanted to do some stunt casting and weren't terribly worried about a good singing voice, we might have considered Reese Witherspoon or WITH VOICE Faith Hill. Sorry, Nicole just doesn't do it for me but then Mel never did listen to my opinion :)

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#44re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/17/04 at 5:20pm

Amen to that, Sam. This struck me as blatant stunt casting the first time I heard about it and the thought hasn't gotten any better since then.

Nathan, Matthew, Mel, and a whole boatload of Tony's (with their accompanying press coverage) is more than enough 'name' to bring them into the movie theater. This casting just looks lousy any way you put it.

I've enjoyed Nicole's work in films for the most part, but like you I'm getting awfully tired of seeing her every time I turn around.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#45re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 10/17/04 at 5:40pm

I too love Nicole...but she is simply not curvaceous enough. She is thin and looks more like a model than a sex kitten or blonde bombshell

Videos