pixeltracker

Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.

Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.

musicalthespis Profile Photo
musicalthespis
#0Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/22/04 at 11:16pm

I really don't know what to think about this. I loved her in Moulin Rouge. The article says that they got Kidman to give the show more star power but I would think that Lane and Broderick would be enough. I was kinda sad that they decided not to bring Angie Shworer along for the ride. She was such a wonderful Ulla. What do you think?

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=3393

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#1re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 11:51am

Wasn't this announced like a month ago?

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

ckeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
#2re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 1:18pm

Yeah... much debated here.
I think that it's a fine decision...

Though the folks on the Make vs. Buy a Hollywood star tread (re: Richard Gere in Chicago/Hugh Jackman) will disagree with me.

Hamlet's father.

JakeB
#3re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 6:03pm

Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane aren't huge stars in Britain/Europe, which is why I imagine they've bumpfed her in.

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#4re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 6:07pm

we had a debate about this a couple of weeks ago.

i said it before and i'll say it again: i think it is a terrible idea and i dont think she has the vocal ability to pull it off. furthermore, i think she is entirely overrated as an actress.

robbiej, are you out there? what do YOU think, lol. Updated On: 3/24/04 at 06:07 PM

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#5re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 7:29pm

As much as I love Nicole Kidman....I don't see her being able to being able to handle "When You've Got It...".

I'm sorry, but I think Cady Huffman was amazing in that role. Her voice blew me away and continues to do so when I listen to the cast recording.

Unless Ms. Kidman starts some HEAVY vocal training to prepare for this role....I don't think it'll work, especially to those of us who saw Cady perform and heard for ourselves how much she totally NAILED it.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 7:43pm

I think Sarah Jessica Parker should do it.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie.
Posted: 3/24/04 at 8:51pm

Nicole Kidman is not buxom enough & SJP under no circumstances

Poster Emeritus

#8Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/24/04 at 11:22pm

Is it just me, or is Nicole Kidman in a thousand movies lately?
She has ended up in the strangest places.
She's going to be in the "Bewitched" movie, too.
Personally, I think adding star power is balanced by lessening believability and integrity.
I think that in this case, sticking to the original cast would be a better way to go.

JakeB
#9re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 1:04pm

Yes - I saw Sarah Jessica Parker on TV last night and thought she would be good.. if she can sing. Plus it would add the coup of having SJP and MB.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#10re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 1:36pm

Well at least they got Beach, Lane and Broderick.
Wish Cady was in it. I don't believe in STAR POWER!
Talent is what counts but Nicole can act and sing but she is not volptuous the role calls for it. (flatter then a pancake!)
Does anyone know if the actress who plays "Samantha" ON SEX AND THE CITY sings? If so i could see her in that role.
Updated On: 3/25/04 at 01:36 PM

PJ
#11re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 6:16pm

"(flatter then a pancake!)"

Nice one, Corine. Very nice. It's a shame no one can be as perfect as youuuu.

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#12re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 6:49pm

Yay. Now Will Ferrel is reported to be in it.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/85166.html

I haven't seen the producers, but I'm sure Will is bound to be hilarious in his role.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#13re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 7:00pm

PJ I wish i was as beautiful as Nicole Kidman. She is stunning.
I am not in her league but the role is for a big breasted woman.
PJ it was not an insult.
Believe me i wish i looked like her.
I am hardly perfect and i never said i was.
Kerry Butler is a beauty.
I guess it does not matter if the role is volptuous because Nicole is beautiful, seductive and a talented actress.
Although i see Catherine Zeta Jones in the role if she was blond.

Updated On: 3/25/04 at 07:00 PM

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 7:25pm

I am having blond envy again.
Lol.

HunterFosterIsMyGod Profile Photo
HunterFosterIsMyGod
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/25/04 at 8:17pm

yeah, that is a little annoying. but, oh well, things like this happen...and star power seems to be everything these days...

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/26/04 at 7:36am

And who was it that told you about this casting a couple of weeks before it was announced back in January? Me!

She'll be fine, she's tall, leggy, can sing, and of course they'll pad her up. As for the rest (belt etc) that's what they have rehearsals for. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have a few 'names' appearing in cameo's. As Hitlers perhaps?

What is interesting is that they are announcing that it will open in December 2005. Surely this will cut into the life of productions outside of the US. Melbourne opens in April 2004, London September 2004, Germany 2005 etc. and so forth. Now before everyone jumps down my throat and says , 'what about Chicago?' The revival (of Chicago) had already played throughout Europe, Asia and Australia when the movie opened. I would think that it will be the end for the Broadway production, I mean, give the choice of seeing the originators in the roles (at a much cheaper price) or some of the less than 'starry' names that have followed the dynamic duo into The Producers who would you choose?

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/26/04 at 10:40am

I think Nicoe is going to do great, I think she can really handle the part. I hope I'm not proved wrong, but I guess we're just going to have to see when it comes out right? When is the movie thought to be coming out anyway?

You've gotta have heart AND music

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/26/04 at 3:19pm

You haters should really leave Nicole alone. She's only one of the best actresses working now. Don't agree? See the following films:

To Die For
The Others
Moulin Rouge
Eyes Wide Shut
The Human Stain

Each performance is just as unique as the one before it.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Producers Movie
Posted: 3/26/04 at 4:48pm

Bart and Beach have both signed for the film. And after all these weeks of talk, Kidman ...notably hasn't.

Whether she actually signs to do the film or not I think hinges on the reception to THE STEPFORD WIVES, opening in two months.

If the film is a hit and/or if she demonstrates any screen chemistry with Matthew Broderick, then it is likely she will make THE PRODUCERES film (whether she is the right person for the part or not).

But if the film bombs and/or if she has poor chemistry with Broderick, she won't do THE PRODUCERS.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

scooter38432 Profile Photo
scooter38432
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 3/30/04 at 3:52pm

I, too, think Nicole is a fine choice. She is certainly gorgeous enough. They can always pad her bra. Not a huge deal.

I was kind of hoping that Charlize Theron could sing -- because I picture her in that role. Nicole, if she does it, will be just terrific, I'm sure. Now, if they went with Mrs. Banderas, for example, THEN I'd put up a stink.

I'm surprised so many people are raving about Cady Huffman in that role. I saw her do it a couple of times, and I feel that dozens of actresses could have done it just as well if not better. In fact, hers is the only song on the CD that I regularly skip. Her belt is so jarring to the senses. She's one lucky Tony winner, in that she was part of the juggernaut that was THE PRODUCERS. (Kathleen Freeman should have won for THE FULL MONTY.)

To give Ms. Huffman credit, she was great in WILL ROGERS FOLLIES and on its recording.

Itty Bitty Geisha? Toyland? Gypsy Pasadoble? Just a few popular favorites...

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 3/30/04 at 7:08pm

broadway86- ive seen four out of the five movies you suggested (the last, the human stain, which i havnt seen, got horrible reviews) and i am still not impressed

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
Posted: 3/30/04 at 7:14pm

I honestly cant think of anyone physically better to play Ulla than Nicole...now can she act the part...there's the question.

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3

Videos