pixeltracker

MILLIE appreciation thread- Page 2

MILLIE appreciation thread

BwayTheatre11
#25re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/20/04 at 11:17pm

Make sure the tour is the Equity version...

CCM '10!

BWayBoy88
#26re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/20/04 at 11:24pm

I saw this show a few weeks after it opened. I thought it was going to be boring but I couldn't be any more wrong. Sutton Foster blew me away. I had chills from the moment she turns around holding her suitcase in the very first scene. When she opened her mouth and sang those first few notes, I knew for sure that she was going to be a HUGE star. I will miss this show alot.

LloydStamps
#27re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 9:19am

My wife and I saw the show the previous ("penultimate") weekend with Susan Egan, and enjoyed it. If it was missing anything, it's a standout song, IMHO. But I've got the CD now and will see if any song sticks in my mind.

In some ways, the show itself will live longer than some productions that are running longer on Broadway, because it will get a lot of play in regional, stock and high school productions. It doesn't require an expensive or complicated set (except maybe the elevator) and there's nothing in it to threaten the bluenoses.

And with all these "Millie" aficionados, this is probably the place to ask: Which Gilbert & Sullivan song became "The Speed Typist?" I should recognize it, but don't.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#28re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 9:23am

Ruddigore or something like that. Not Pirates of Penzance.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#29re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 10:06am

"My Eyes are Fully Open" from Ruddigore.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#30re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 10:08am

aww I'm going to miss Millie and I haven't even seen it =*-( I love listening to the soundtrack

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#31re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 10:22am

I truly enjoyed TMM - I got a chance to see the Broadway cast twice and the touring cast once. What a great group of folks on the Broadway stage - Sutton Foster, Harriet Harris, Marc Kudisch, Gavin Creel, Ann Nathan, Angela Christian, Sheryl Lee Ralph/Leslie Uggams ... Many thanks to Dick Scanlan and Jeanine Tesori for bringing this old fashioned musical comedy to Broadway!

Broadway Lara Profile Photo
Broadway Lara
#32re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 11:33am

I'm going to miss that show soo much. It was awesome. Especially when Sutton was in it.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#33re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 7:19pm

I'll admit I never saw the show, but I ADORE the OBC. There are very few shows that are throwbacks to old fashioned good natured theatre. That is more relevant because in my generation there IS great theatre, but it's nice to get a sense of escapism with TRULY RANDOMLY breaking into song. This is the first show that's come in awhile that's truly all about FUN.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

brdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
#34re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 7:27pm

I named my dog Millie today in honor of the show! Well, that and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...

Catschwartz
#35re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/21/04 at 7:41pm

I saw the show on fri night right b4 it closed! it was SOOOOOOOO amazing, it was one of the best shows i've seen! The Talent the show all amazing!

Hank
#36re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/22/04 at 7:29pm

Bwayboy88, you took the words right out of my mouth!
I can't stop thinking about it!
I usually used to see 5 or 6 NY shows a year, but never really got that attached until Millie. This show got me much more interested in musical theatre, and eventually got me to join this message board. I got to learn just about everything there is to know about this show, and the cast, and last, but certainly not least, I got to meet the creative team. Hey! I have a Millie Playbill signed by Tresori/Scanlan! How cool is that?

Yes, the tour is equity. I'm interested to see it and how it's done without the elavator. I'd like to get involved in community theatre again someday when...

And my next female pet is going to be named Millie too, but she's gonna have to get along with my cat Schwartz.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#37re: MILLIE appreciation thread
Posted: 6/22/04 at 7:36pm

That is great Hank. They are a nice bunch (the creative team)
Jeanine Tesori is very nice and so is Mr. Scanlan.
It is starting to sink in.
Now I am sad.
;(

Videos