Glindas staff
The Windmill on top of the house
The clockwork in No One Mourns the Wicked
The time dragon
Elphabas braids ****UPDATED FOR INCREASED SHIZNIT STYLE ACCURACY****
The conductors stick
The clarinet
Etc.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"
Updated On: 7/16/04 at 04:23 PM

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#26re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 4:23pm

And Stephen Schwartz' hair.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

BWayBoy88
#27re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 4:23pm

Wow I never realized this. Thats really cool. It's things like this that make Stephen Schwartz really cleaver

ponine24601
#28re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:10pm

elphaba's pig tails? when does she wear pigtails in the show? she wears a braid and then her hair down or tucked under her hat.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Sumofallthings
#29re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:13pm

That is what I meant oh eloquent one.

ponine24601
#30re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:14pm

i'm sorry o rude one!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Sumofallthings
#31re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:16pm

No dear I am not rude just misunderstood.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#32re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:23pm

I always thought that in "Dancing through life" when nessa and boq are talking when boq says "its because..uh.. because, because you are so beautiful" it would of been cute if they did it like "becaus, becasue, becasue, because, because! because of the wonderful things he does" in in We're off to see the wizard

ponine24601
#33re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:23pm

sorry, that came off a little rude in my eyes...ears.

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#34re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:24pm

I am TOTALLY LOVING THIS!!!!
Keep 'em coming guys.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

Sumofallthings
#35re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:41pm

Watch it FF if you're any cheerier you'll give us all diabetes. (Credit to the Family Guy writers)

Updated On: 7/16/04 at 05:41 PM

~FloweryFriend~
#36re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 6:14pm

Sum, Wicked is not a food!

(Family Guy ROCKS!)

shesings
#37re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 6:18pm

I listened to One Short Day and I cannot hear the merry old land of oz link... perhaps the woodwinds are what people are thinking, but I just didn't hear it

judy_in_disguise
#38re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 6:37pm

I heard a piccolo trill, but it was more the "optimistic voices" from the 1939 movie than "merry old land of oz".

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#39re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 6:49pm

whatdoineedwithlove- i don't think boq's "because, uh because..etc." is a reference so much as fitting in the context (he is trying to come up with something other than what nessa just guessed)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#40re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 8:39pm

I did not say that I thought it WAS a refrence. I said I thought it would be cute if they did it like that and made it a refrence.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#41re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 8:39pm

I did not say that I thought it WAS a refrence. I said I thought it would be cute if they did it like that and made it a refrence.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#42re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/16/04 at 8:48pm

Wicked's costume designer SUSAN HILFERTY purposely made Shiz's school color white and blue after Dorothy's dress in the movie. Also, although they are silver slippers in the show (as was intended in the original novel) when Elphie puts the spell on Nessa's shoes, they turn ruby red for a few seconds.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#43re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 10:24am

.... and remember the toy manufacterer that made the Vibrating Harry Potter Broom a couple years ago? Parents couldn't understand why thier kids were locking themselves in their rooms

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

broadwayguy2
#44re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 11:26am

broadwaystar2b, Dorothy's dress was also blue and white in the book... not JUST the movie

~FloweryFriend~
#45re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 1:31pm

Is there anything in "The Wicked Witch of the East", or whatever the song is called that's not on the recording?

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#46re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 3:43pm

The Wicked Witch of the East is not on the recording. It isn't totally a song, because most of it is dialogue if I remember correctly. I did like how Nessa sings "...the Wicked Witch of the eeeeEAST!!!", but that won't be remembered once the show closes. re: Wicked's Hidden References

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#47re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 3:46pm

If I were that Nessa girl I would be ticked off that my big song in the second act was not on the soundtrack.

broadwaybaby654
#48re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 4:29pm

Being a huge Wicked fan and living in L.A. is not a good combination. I know the tour is coming but I'm still bummed out that I don't get to see Kristen or Idina. This may seem like a stupid question but, what is "The Wicked Witch of the East"? I know that Nessa and Boq sing in it and that's all I know...and why wasn't it put on the cd?

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#49re: Wicked's Hidden References
Posted: 7/17/04 at 5:21pm

It gives away A LOT (but so does March of the Witch Hunters) and there is A LOT of dialouge that would be hard to cut down

Videos