Wicked vs. Avenue Q

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#25re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 2:48pm

insomniak - Thank you for stating your opinions and views without being sarcastic or mean.

"bravo"

BwayTheatre11
#26re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:15pm

I enjoy both equally. Both have better qualities than the other. Being a designer, Wicked is extremely appealing to me. Avenue Q has an extremely talented cast with an original concept.

CCM '10!

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#27re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:27pm

Bway - I am having trouble looking away from your icon re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#28re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:32pm

Wicked Sucks, Possums - Avenue Q rocks!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

BroadwayPer4mer03
#29re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:37pm

Wicked:100%
Avenue Q:90%

insomniak
#30re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:39pm

Thanks, Wickedfan2.

Bwaytheatre11, once I tore my eyes away from your avatar and read your post, I must say I agree. Wicked is sleek, glamorus and elaborate, but Q feels... homey? Intimate? And they are very, very talented as an ensemble, though I don't find the concept particularly original. People with sucky lives has been done, but Q put a refreshing twist on it by openly disscussing racism and homosexuality without being shy about it. I definetly appreciated that about Q, that it took heavier issues and put them on the table and even laughed about it, but in a non-insulting way.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#31re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:40pm

Wicked by far!!!!!!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#32re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:43pm

Can someone delete this post though? Its gonna get ugly and its been discussed 9142349871 times already, people!

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#33re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:49pm

Imsomniak - love your first line -
Bwaytheatre11, once I tore my eyes away from your avatar

Sorry... that's what I meant to say.. I love Bway's... avatar not icon re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q

insomniak
#34re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 3:52pm

Well, who isn't distracted by that sex god, wickedfan2? re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q

Wickedrocks, there is no reason as of yet to delete this thread. It's a debate, not a flame war. If people are sick of this topic, they need not read it.

OhSoWicked
#35re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:00pm

I've only seen Wicked (and the bryant park performance of Avenue Q)....but (tony's aside) I don't think you can really say that one is better than the other because they are so different.

#36re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:09pm

It's like trying to decide between Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction. Different tastes, that's all.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#37re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:13pm

eponine - I like that...Forest Gump vs. Pulp Fiction...

Apples and Oranges.

So lets see..Both musicals won awards and are very successful so its all good!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#38re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:20pm

Definitely Forrest Gump. I hated Pulp Fiction.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#39re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:29pm

Idina was robbed of the Tony!

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

#40re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:32pm

I liked Forrest Gump over Pulp Fiction too, but they were both up for Oscars, and it seemed as if people were mixed on which one was better. But the point is they're two different movies. One was of such an innocent character, the other one, full of villians portrayed as the protagonists. So it basically depends on what kind of movies you like.

Alix7272 Profile Photo
Alix7272
#41re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 4:54pm

they're both great but i like q better. it's more original b/c although wicked is also a creative idea it's based on the book so i give more credit to the author of the great book than to the musical for the whole idea and plot and everything. there are some great songs but i find the lyrics to be amond schwart's weaker ones. q is funny and original the whole way through.

No Child: http://www.epictheatrectr.org/
I Love You Because OCR: http://www.psclassics.com/cd_iloveyou.html

insomniak
#42re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:04pm

wickedfan2 put it perfectly. I love both of those movies, (Pulp Ficiton more, though. The humor, the blood, the message... that movie has it all) but they are so different that they're almost incomparable.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#43re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:09pm

"Pulp Ficiton more, though. The humor, the blood, the message... that movie has it all"

I had two problems with Pulp Fiction:

1. I found no humor in the film whatsoever.
2. I don't consider blood an asset to any film.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

insomniak
#44re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:12pm

The humor was there, it just wasn't the slapstick obvious stuff that today's comedies are usually drowned in.

The blood... ok, that's a me thing. For this kind of movie, one about the mob, blood is appropriate. I mean, they're hitmen. But gore does not a good movie make, that I will agree with.

But you had to love the five dollar shake. And the soundtrack was great. What about the dance contest? That was fun.

edit- Another threadjack. Why do I always kill the good threads? *sob* I'm sorry, this was a good debate, too. Please bring back Q vs. Wicked. Updated On: 7/30/04 at 05:12 PM

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#45re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:35pm

wicked

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Crazy4MattMorrison52
#46re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:36pm

wicked

Crazy4MattMorrison52
#47re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:36pm

wicked

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#48re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:55pm

NAMO! "Elphabant"!!!LOL

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#49re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
Posted: 7/30/04 at 5:57pm

i like both for different reasons but equally

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Videos