pixeltracker

My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.- Page 2

My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#25re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 6/19/05 at 1:09am

BKLYN took everything Rent stood for and made a mockery out of it.

It was a piece of theatre trash and deserved to close the minute it started.

Starchild Profile Photo
Starchild
#26re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:24am

double post sorry see below

VB: Mr. Wonka, my name is Violet Beauregard... WW: I don't care.
Updated On: 7/8/05 at 11:24 AM

Starchild Profile Photo
Starchild
#27re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:24am

That is a bit of an overstatement, and why the vitriol, Thenardier? BKLYN wasn't trying to be RENT or any other show, and it didn't affect RENT in any way. BKLYN certainly wasn't MOCKING in tone. It was all heart, probably too much heart, and not enough street smarts to survive. True, there were problems with the show, the book, the lyrics, I agree. STILL and all, that show moved people, made them think about the homeless. I can hardly pass a homeless person anymore without making some acknowledgment. Did you even see BKLYN? If you weren't at all moved, perhaps you've been in NYC too long. I was pleased to see that BKLYN had a lot better run than the critics would have liked or expected -- they seemed to be trying hard to kill it the first week it opened. To no avail, and now it's going on tour. I'll be there, can't wait!! re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.

VB: Mr. Wonka, my name is Violet Beauregard... WW: I don't care.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#28re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:26am

Hehe I love that this thread was brought back to show just how wrong people were. Icky Brooklyn. It's so stinky.

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#29re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:56am

And one wonders where all our little "BKLYN" fans have gone to. You don't see the freaks around here anymore.

Maybe they are having a time out?

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

MojaniD
#30re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:58am

I was thinking the same thing. Haven't seen Tiny Toon around here since that mess of a show closed.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#31re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 11:58am

Well, since the show is closed I doubt the producers are paying them anymore. hehe.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#32re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:00pm

This thread is pretty damn hilarious to read after all this time.

Tiny was even sticking up for back than - dear Lord.

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#33re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:03pm

haha i'm not a "brooklyn hater" but this is definitely a fun thread to read... it's pretty funny what people thought only less than a year ago!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#34re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:04pm

Someone want to dig up a "Good Vibrations is gonna win the Tony" thread?

twogaab2
#35re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:15pm

It never fails to supprise me how some people take someone else failure to suceed and dance on their grave. Maybe it say more about these people own insecurities than anything else. Remember, if you are very lucky, you may be in a Broadway flop someday-i.e. beware of Karma.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#36re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:19pm

I'd much rather be IN a flop like Brooklyn than be one of the people here who made these ridiculous predictions for such a critical and box office failure. Somehow I think the latter is much more embarrassing :0)

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#37re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:20pm

And what's so wrong with demanding excellence in the theatre?

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#38re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:22pm

Totally! We're the ones buying the darn tickets.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#39re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:24pm

Shows have been failing for years. Nowadays, since shows cost so much to put on, producers try to suck the show for everything it is worth. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a bad show, like Brooklyn to close and save itself the pain.

Sarah2
#40re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:38pm

Who are all of you to call BKLYN fans freaks? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and every show does something different for different people. At least us BKLYN fans can say that we aren't theatre snobs who are constantly trying to put down other people and their shows just so we can feel superior and sound "smart". Guess what? You're the ones who come off sounding like idiots. And despite the fact that BKLYN wasn't a critical success and did not have a long run on broadway, it still gained a big and loyal fanbase, which makes it a success in itself.

twogaab2
#41re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:44pm

Did everyone here actually SEE Brookly. Don't take offense, I just want to know.

Sarah2
#42re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:50pm

Yes, I've seen BKLYN twice and it bothers me when people (aka most of the posters on this thread) come to the message board and bash BKLYN because the critics said it was bad and therefore, since they can't think for themselves, it must be bad.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#43re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:51pm

WE bash the show because the show is BAD. Very very bad.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#44re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 12:54pm

Oh, the joys of adolescents.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

twogaab2
#45re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:01pm

By the way, I did see "Brooklyn" and enjoyed it very much. I have listened to the cast album again and again to see why the reviewers (note: I do NOT use the word critics) disliked it so and just cannot find it.

Updated On: 7/8/05 at 01:01 PM

Sarah2
#46re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:05pm

Yeah, same here. I realize that the show has it's flaws but there is NO reason for anyone to dislike it as much as the people here do. It has a lot more heart than a lot of shows and I found it to be very enjoyable.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#47re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:07pm

I saw it, and I certainly have far from discriminating tastes, but felt the dialogue and score seemed almost irreperably cheesy...I did enjoy the spectacle of it all however, I still find the cast recording basically unlistenable...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#48re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:07pm

We care about musical theatre. Brooklyn represents a bad trend in musical theatre. Period.

And, speaking for myself...I just notice a lot of the teens on here have no sense of history. Of what came before Brooklyn, and Wicked, and all these shows you hold so high. Dig deeper, listen to cast recordings from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and you may get an idea of the quality some of us are used to.
Updated On: 7/8/05 at 01:07 PM

twogaab2
#49re: My Hunch... Brooklyn is going to be biggest show this yr.
Posted: 7/8/05 at 1:23pm

I'm not a teen (Oh, God I wish), and I have a superb grasp of musical theater pre 1970. It's just a show for God sake. 99.99% of the people in the world don't even care. If you did'nt like it, don't listen to it and let the people who enjoyed it listen to it without fear of sensure. It is not necessary to make them feel bad about themselves. Life is too short.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Videos