BARE is off!

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#25re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:24pm

approx $1,500,000 needed/10 = $150,000/family member. Ante up!

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#26re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:25pm

Al what's your point??

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#27re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:26pm

What part of my very clear statement(s) are you missing?

musicalfandukie
#28re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:27pm

the part that had no point!

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#29re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:27pm

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical
Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:27 PM

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#30re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:28pm

that we are one of the few shows that can actually come together and KEEP nearly all out post in one thread except for things like this

We love each other
were getting an appartment together too
and some of us are even getting married

at least we dont post like the show with that green girl in it
then everyone would hate us

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?
Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:28 PM

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#31re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:29pm

Sweetie, chill out, my last post was to Marquise but since everyone is furiously typing away, it sounds like i'm responding to something else... that clear enough for ya? If you re-read Marquise' "cackle' post, you *should* be able to comprehend, K'?

badkarma719
#32re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:35pm

Crackle WTF

NO i didnt see it I was typing

bAdKaRmA719: it was posted while I was maiking my other post
bAdKaRmA719: Posted On:9/30/04 at 03:17:27 PM

marquiss's post
bAdKaRmA719: my post

9/30/04 at 03:21:31 PM

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#33re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:39pm

Al you know i love you dearly...it was just a joyful jab at ya... sends u a *virtual hug* ...it's okay... re: BARE is off! Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:39 PM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#34re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:40pm

badkarma u spelled my name wrong it's "M - A - R - Q - U - I - S - E" y'know...as in diamond? Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:40 PM

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#35re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:42pm

ARUAURAWEURLKASJDFL!!!

I just got my tickets for BARE yesterday in the mail and I was so excited.

Now what do I do? Send them back for new ones?

badkarma719
#36re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:43pm

I know what it is
I work in a Jewlery store
I am just PO right now and dont care anymore

I NEED TO GO SMOKE NOW

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#37re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:44pm

I know this Marquise! I should have added a :) to my post, as well, maybe the other guy wouldn't have gotten so bent out of shape. :))))

badkarma719
#38re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:47pm

I didnt even see it till you said something

but we have already gone over this

it was posted while I was maiking my other post Posted marquise's post
On:9/30/04 at 03:17:27 PM

My post:
9/30/04 at 03:21:31 PM

and I just picked up from my post

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#39re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:49pm

barees, just ignore Al Dente :)

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#40re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:53pm

Yeah, make sure you always ignore the truth and the obvious. I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying, this board means NOTHING to the powers that be whether, it's producers, casting, the lifespan of a show, someone becoming a bigger star than they are in musical theater etc... So yeah, ignore me :) Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:53 PM

WatusiJenkins
#41re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:56pm

It's actually $750K....half of the 1.5 mil budget. Anyone have money in the fam?? A parent who has lots of stock and wants to invest? Call the Dodgers ASAP!

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#42re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:56pm

Al,

The obvious? C'mon, you know as well as I do that funding has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

See: Mamma Mia.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

musicalfandukie
#43re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:58pm

no one said the bare thread was what was holding the whole show together! it's just a group of people that enjoy the show alot and like to have great conversations!..Bare is good enough to do great with or without the thread! AL i dont know why your being so negative about the bare thread but get over it :)

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#44re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:00pm

It's actually $750K....half of the 1.5 mil budget. Anyone have money in the fam?? A parent who has lots of stock and wants to invest? Call the Dodgers ASAP!

So my fundraiser idea is pretty dumb then! LOL... Updated On: 9/30/04 at 04:00 PM

badkarma719
#45re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:01pm

no we can still donate some mullah

#46re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:11pm

I got about $15K I can get out of my retirement. It's not like I will retire any time soon after all. Of course, that wouldn't be of much help. It's just so frustrating!! Given a chance, I think Bare can appeal to a lot of people, just few people with the means to do so are willing to give Bare that chance.

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#47re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:12pm

*sigh*.....Can't we all just get along?

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#48re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:15pm

I have a buck I can add to the pot.

Oh no, wait after all the Bare-related stuff I've gone to these past few months, I don't!

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

steveshack Profile Photo
steveshack
#49re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 4:23pm

I hope they get their financing. 'bare' touches a lot of people and has provided a great deal of hope for a lot of kids who are growing up dealing with the issues 'bare' tackles, speaking for some who feel very much alone. It's also got some great melodies that I enjoy listening to. I think it deserves a run. I also think the Dodgers have done an excellent job of marketing the piece -- and whether you like the piece or loathe it, the authors never compromised their vision.

Videos