Wicked - who plays Dorothy?- Page 2

Wicked - who plays Dorothy?

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#25re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/22/05 at 12:15am

"who CAAAAAAAAARES"

"The cow is gone! Get it back!"

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If that wasn't perfect, I don't know what is!!!!!

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

broadwayguy2
#26re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/22/05 at 12:18am

wicked4life has knowledge?

actually, kristen chenoweth HAS played dorthy during that scene before. it was the performance where the no talent green woman wasn't paying attention and fell through the trap door, cracked a rib, and all of nutjob fans flipped and had candlelight vigils in her memory like she had died. but it wasn't a bucket of water, it was the control for the trap.

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#27re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/22/05 at 12:33am

who CAAAAAAAAARES"

"The cow is gone! Get it back

I'm confused
someone help me

I got a new video to show to some of my classes (Broadway's Lost Treasures) and it had Patti LuPone singing " A new Argentia" and some of us were talking about it. the comment was. OMG, I dont think I have seen anyone open there mouth that wide before"

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

#28re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 4:44pm

From the original workshops until 9/5/04 on Broadway it was Melissa Fahn. According to Melissa, Dorothy was originally a character in the show, but because of licensing issues with The Wizard of Oz, any mention of Dorothy or Toto by name had to be removed, as well as the exact phrase "Yellow Brick Road," etc. Melissa kept on the part of crying/the sillhouette of Dorothy until she left the show. Jennifer Waldman took over for her doing Dorothy in September and Stacie Morgain Lewis took over Melissa's ensemble part. There is a costume for "Dorothy" but it's not a Susan Hilferty costume, it's just a Halloween costume from a store and it's only for the purposes of a curtain malfunction.

Most of that was from Melissa Fahn's own mouth, so it's the truth. If you want to find out more about Melissa, you can go to my site http://melissa.wicked-popular.com it's the only site about Melissa Fahn and she contributes to it herself and ensures that everything is correct! ^_^ Have a great day.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#29re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 5:27pm

It's Charo.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

#30re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 5:37pm

GOD, Why do you people CARE. Does it really matter who doubles as the tin man, or whos shadow is Dorothy. I mean really. People like this give Wicked fans a bad name!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#31re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 5:49pm

What to you mean? Like Oswald or Mozelle? Thos are pretty bad names.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Parks
#32re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:16pm

""who CAAAAAAAAARES"

"The cow is gone! Get it back

I'm confused
someone help me "

Ever heard of a show called...Into The Woods. It's a small show. It's only been on this thing called Broadway...twice..:-p

And..*sigh* It's "The cow is gone! Get it back! GET IT BACK!"...two "get it back"'s. Haha, jk

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Derek
#33re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:38pm

God if you dont like the thread dont respond and get over it. im sure you all have questions that we dont think are important too, but we're not rude about em. just dont answer, learn self control

#34re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:46pm

I just dont understand how anybody would WANT to know this information. Its not like theres a Tony award for Best Shadow in a Musical....Its a frickin shadow! honestly. Im not being rude, but god people, ask somthing productive!

Derek
#35re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:48pm

y does it matter what we ask though? not everyone is the same. im not saying that to be mean, by i just dont see what the big deal is

#36re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:49pm

I just dont think you guys asking realize how silly you look! But ok, i will ask you a question. Why do you want to know! what are you going to do with the information!?

#37re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:52pm

Honestly? I care because I'm friends with Melissa Fahn. Some people care just because it's fun to know random stuff like that. Some people know because they've been on backstage tours and found out. Some people want to know because it's not listed in the program as being a part. Some people think its animatronic and are curious and excited when they find out its a real person. It doesn't matter why people want to know, what matters is that they have a place to ask and find out and its fun to talk about it without judgmental jerks coming in and saying they're stupid for it. Just let people have their fun and their curiosities, you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Derek
#38re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:53pm

i agree, and isnt the place to go when u have silly questions lol?

#39re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:55pm

wow. Thats all I have to say. wow.

sipos
#40re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 6:58pm

sure. The flow in this thread has been FANtastic.
Entertaining and informative.

I'm going to a bar now.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#41re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 8:21pm

theaterguy2 if u have something to say dont say it ok, and why are u a member of a message board if you dont care and why are you replying to threads when you dont care about it. That should make sense to you. And it doesent give wicked fans a bad name, but maybe not everyone who is posting is a wicked fan they maybe some people who are interseted in finding out. So like i said if u dont care so much WHY READ THE BOARD. Hopefully people agree with me. So if u are going to be an a** dont say Sh** thank you .

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#42re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 10:05pm

IDINA'S GONE AND NOW THER'ES NOTHING LEFT TO TALK ABOUT BUT THE SHADOW OF DOROTHY?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TALK ABOUT GRASPING AT STRAWS.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#43re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 10:09pm

there is actually a thread about this already believe it or not...i should know, i started it- actually it was just about if there was a dorothy since i didn't know the show that well

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Apollo Profile Photo
Apollo
#44re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 10:43pm

Can you tell me who plays the dragon above the stage?

I think it's Nell Carter, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Isagenix World Leader in Nutritional Cleansing and Replenishing™

Ebonic_Singer
#45re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/27/05 at 11:49pm

It's Harvey Fierstein.

La Vie Boheme
#46re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 12:00am

Ebonic_Songer: I was just gonna say that

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

Ebonic_Singer
#47re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 12:02am

re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?

#48re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 1/28/05 at 2:42am

"Hopefully people agree with me. So if u are going to be an a** dont say Sh** thank you "

JUST what I would expect from a person whose Screen name is "Wicked4Life51"

defyinggravity2 Profile Photo
defyinggravity2
#50re: Wicked - who plays Dorothy?
Posted: 6/11/12 at 7:16pm

It's a sillouette projected from a projector. Simple as that.

Videos