pixeltracker

If you've been to a closing performance....- Page 2

If you've been to a closing performance....

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#25attire
Posted: 1/27/05 at 10:16pm

I saw Little Shop's last night.. :*(
I had my little shop shirt on! :[

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#26attire
Posted: 1/27/05 at 10:18pm

I attended the 8PM actor's fund performance of 'night, Mother', Errico Fan -- the official 'final' performance. I'm not sure if it was up at TKTS as it was an actor's fund performance -- they did randomly have student rush for it though. It was one of the most receptive audiences I've ever seen on Broadway for a straight play...

I dont think its uncommon for closing shows to be at TKTS -- I specifically remember seeing Jumpers on its closing show at TKTS.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#27attire
Posted: 1/27/05 at 10:20pm

"Jumpers"

Now there was a masterpiece!

Razz77 Profile Photo
Razz77
#28attire
Posted: 1/27/05 at 11:03pm

MISSED JUMPERS. I might die as a result of missing Jumpers -- I had tickets to the July 31st performance -- we we ALL know what happened to the July 16th performance of Jumpers. Saw "Sight Unseen" instead that day, which I am so glad I didn't miss!

melissa errico fan
#29attire
Posted: 1/28/05 at 6:33am

Well, that's good. "Sight Unseen" was not to be missed, but God, "Jumpers" was out of this world brilliant. Simon Russell Beale and Essie Davis...awwwwwwwwww!

pab Profile Photo
pab
#30attire
Posted: 1/28/05 at 9:51am

I been to a few closings but unfortunately they were also openings. By that I mean I've been to a few opening nights where the show ran just that one night and then closed. The revival of Herb Gardner's "The Goodbye People" is one that immediately comes to mind.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

jfgood
#31attire
Posted: 1/28/05 at 10:47am

I went to the closing night of Boy From Oz. It was fantastic. Lots of celebrities were there i.e. Matt Damon. The show was incredible and yes the cast did come to the stage door.

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#32attire
Posted: 1/28/05 at 11:25am

I was at the closing night of "Millie" and the audience seemed to be dressed just as they would for any other performance. There was a much larger group than normal at the stage door that day, but all of the cast was wonderful and did stop to speak with everyone on their way out.

virgil blessing2 Profile Photo
virgil blessing2
#33attire
Posted: 1/28/05 at 12:22pm

i was at the closing of A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE at lincoln center back in late dec. of 2003. great show and performance, however, with the way the way that "l.c." is designed, u never know what is wher ein terms of stage doors.

on the way out some side hallway, we DID bump into the handsome and talented steven pasquale who was running right from his dressing room to his home to pack for his trip to Washington for that Sondheim BOUNCE thing he was leaving for the next day.

it was kinda funny, he was boogeying with his bag, clutching some bottles of wine and such that he had gotten as last day gifts. he was trying to hail a cab. cute image.

"I am not 'a' Eunice Burns. I am THE Eunice Burns!!!"

Sluggy Profile Photo
Sluggy
#34Thanks!
Posted: 1/28/05 at 8:49pm

Thanks, everybody!
Some of your responses cracked me up!
I'm definitely ready to go now.

"Which way do you want these pleats turned?" "Toward Mecca."

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#35Thanks!
Posted: 1/28/05 at 9:53pm

went to closing night Taboo sat third row and cried from Out of Fashion to the end. Then went to closing AIDA and sat at the top haha. But its always so emotional to be at a closing. man i miss those two shows

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

melissa errico fan
#36Thanks!
Posted: 1/28/05 at 9:56pm

I always go to the last performance of every Encores! show-the Sunday performance at 6-and you get everything from black tie to jeans and sneakers.

Videos