Best Finales

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#25re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/8/05 at 7:23pm

I agree with the GYPSY lovers....I consider rose's turn to be the "finale". But I think Thoroughly Modern Millie has a great ending with the "new girl", I LOVE that because she comes out of no where.

However, I'd have to say my favorite finale , hands down:

4 2 n d S T R E E T

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#26re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:03pm

I think Hairspray's finale can put you right over the edge after you've worked yourself up into a partial frenzy.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#27re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:05pm

hairspray

::bust a move::

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#28re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:11pm

By the way..
I meant that Hairspray's finale puts you over the edge in a GOOD way. Just clearing that up. That song is really incredible.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#29re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:18pm

RENT- just sends chills through me every time I hear it.
Wicked- I know but I have to jump on the bandwagon for that one...just the overall feel of it I guess
LSoH- ditto to above
YAGMCB- Not so much because of "wow" factor, it was just a really sweet, cute, endearing ending. :-P

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Yankeefan007
#30re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/8/05 at 8:26pm

Titanic
Nine
The Music Man
Gypsy
The Producers (with the names of Bialystock and Bloom's future productions)

Eastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
#31re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 5:26am

Sunday in the Park with George, without a doubt. "So many possibilities . . ."

Following on from another thread - Tell me it's not true from Blood Brothers is pretty emotionally draining (if you've bought into the previous two and a half hours of course!) Les Mis is much the same

I'm afraid Rent I just find too cheesy, and when I saw it here in London there were giggles running round the audience. It just came out of nowhere! "Oh no, she's dying!! Oh great, she's alive!!" Curtain.

LetMeLeave
#32re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 5:30am

Why is everyone harping on the Mimi part of the RENT finale. For me it's the fact that the music is so moving, added with the beautiful lyrics...it's just the greatest.

stylinbohemian
#33re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 6:21am

Les Mis
Hairspray
Gypsy

"If There's One Thing to Learn it's You Just Can't Go Wrong If You Follow Your Heart, and End With A Song"

musicaldude57 Profile Photo
musicaldude57
#34re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 7:47am

LSOH
Sweeney Todd: TOTALLY AWESOME FINALE. It's just chilling.
and definitely Sunday in the Park with George
POTO is really awesome too, only if you're a phantom fan, of course.

"And I feel it move me Like a fire deep inside Something bursting me wide open Impossible to hide And suddenly I'm flying Flying like a bird Like electricity Electricity" - Electricity from Billy Elliot The Musical

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#35re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:43am

I also agree with Rent's finale. I love how they all sing "without you" and "no day but today" together. I can't describe it but it sends chills down my spine, even when I'm listening to the obcr. You feel like you've gone through this journey and you feel fulfilled when it ends. And it might sound stupid, but I love when Angel comes out at the end. I know he's just an actor but I love that part.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#36re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 9:51am

Hairspray
Phantom

heres a contraverial one:

Dance of the Vampires - I loved the last set and choreography but as a song the others come first (I would listen to those cds before DOTV but I would watch DOTV first)

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

beacon1
#37re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:20am

The Full Monty...

"Let It Go" is exhuberant, joyful...and "revealing"!

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

mother cabrini Profile Photo
mother cabrini
#38re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:45am

the producers....when max hands leo his producers hat
crazy for you....showgirls for days
les miz....the fact that it was over was reason enough to celebrate

TrulyWicked
#39re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 10:59am

Definitely Blood Brothers

...and am I crazy for saying Pippin?

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#40re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 11:36am

Rent
Les Miz
Sunday in the Park With George
King & I
Gypsy
Carousel
LSOH

(That's all I can think of right now, I haven't had my morning cup of coffee)

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#41re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 1:38pm

WOW, the vast majority of posters these days here must be very, very young. I am stunned that in a Thread about Best Finales, no one else has mentioned A CHORUS LINE.

Many reviewers proclaimed it the best finale in Broadway history. It is indeed thrilling. I think most folks on this board have not seen ACL on Broadway. How wonderful the original production is being recreated for Broadway.

A new generation will fall under the spell of A CHORUS LINE. Wait and see. :)

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

MarkCohen
#42re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 2:35pm

I would have to say Sweeney. When the big secret is revealed....and Tobias comes with the razor....it's breathtaking.

Also Rent for sure.

I don't really like the ACL finale because One is my least favourite song in the show.

sharkgirl100
#43re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 4:13pm

no question, Rent. it just gives you a cool feeling.

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#44re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 4:19pm

I love finales that change the way you feel. For example, finale to Spamalot is so happy and it makes you feel good, and so does the finale to Chicago. I'd say the best ever is RENT though- it is so touching and uplifting.

elphieisperky
#45re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 4:48pm

Can you say L-e-s M-i-z? Best finale. I wish to add Wicked to my list, because the finale meant so much on Idina's last. And Rent, without a doubt. And Hairspray.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#46re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 4:51pm

Even when seeing BAD productions of it, the finale of A Chorus Line never fails to make me cry.
I ADORE the Epilogue of Caroline or Change...
So many others...

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#47re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 5:00pm

Have to say Les Miserables. Saw the show thousands of times and got teary eyed every time Valjean, Fantine and Eponine stand over Marius and Cosette. And the final version of Do You Hear The People Sing is phenomenal.

#48re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 5:00pm

Blood Brothers was really great.. I love the song.

I also love RAGTIME.

Once on this Island made me want to get up and dance with the cast.

I also loved the end of Falsettos. That made me cry.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#49re: Best Finales
Posted: 3/9/05 at 5:52pm

The Boy From Oz
Oklahoma! ... I love
Miss Saigon

I used to like Les Mis, but I have come to the conclusion that I don't like Les Mis anymore... my school has completely butchered it, with our awful leads, off-pitch chorus, and a girl who plays cosette that can't reach any of the high notes...... and I'm in the cast. While the finale is good, I can't listen to the show anymore because I know that our leads are not good, and he didn't cast them right... stupid teacher

Sorry, that was my rant for the day
kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Videos