pixeltracker

Daniel Davis fired from La Cage- Page 2

Daniel Davis fired from La Cage

Dollypop
#25re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:39am

Believe it or not, I have always felt that Robert Goulet would be a terrific Georges in LA CAGE. I've seen him on BWy in THE HAPPY TIME and on the road in ID! I DO! He's a great stage performer and I can only imagine how wonderful "The Song In The Sand" and "With You On My Arm" will sound with his voice--if he has a voice left at this point in his career.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#26re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:19am

Apparently they don't take any crap over at the Marquis Theatre when stars are frequently absent.

Whenever I think of Robert Goulet, I do not think of Camalot, or A Chorus Line---rather I think of Will Ferrell singing the redships of Spain.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#27re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:23am

LittleFish why would Robert Goulet remind you of "A Chorus Line" was he ever in that show?

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#28re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:23am

Duh --- i just remembered:

"Hello 12, Hello 13, Hello Love"

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#29re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:31am

Lol...right you are Marquise (I should have made that more clear.)

Feodor Sverdlov
#30re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:40am

I love how THE NEW YORK TIMES is mentioned as if it were some legitimate newspaper. It's the one that hires writers who make-up news, remember? And, their editorial slant couldn't be more obvious. The bottom line is that nobody should trust any news source. They're all corrupt!

scooter3843

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#31re: Daniel Davis fired from La Cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:43am

all i know is that listening to Fran Drescher's voice for six years would also put me in a permanently bad mood.

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#32re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:52am

regardless of how you feel about the post as a news source, riedel is right a helluva lot more than he's wrong. you may not like his style, but he's got impeccable sources and gets more dirt than a gravedigger. this is kind of a follow-up on a piece he did a few weeks ago which potrayed davis as a bit of aa maniac who was running roughshod over beach (called one of the nicest people on broadway) and the production to an extent. whether it's announced that he's been fired, or whether he "leaves to pursue other projects" my money is on him being gone.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

#33re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:13am

I have tix for May 10th---I'm so disappointed! (playbill.com just announced Daniel's firing also)
I wonder if I'll see the understudy or will Robert Goulet be taking over the role by then. Has anyone seen the u/s and if so, how is he?

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#34re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:17am

ugh Robert Goulet.......I saw him play Arthur in Camelot in Detroit in the early 1990's.......he was a horrible Arthur.
Of course as Lancelot when I was a child I would have had his children.....he was SO damn handsome!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#35re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:19am

It's good to be back on top Johnny.

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

Madame X Profile Photo
Madame X
#36re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:22am

"(playbill.com just announced Daniel's firing also)"

No, playbill.com just announced that The Post reported Daniel's firing (way to have accountability there pbill - ha). However, broadway.com does report it independently.

"Some of us have it worse, you know, Dana. Some of us are dating lesbian men. Okay? C'mon."
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 10:22 AM

Johnnytoc
#37re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:34am

Ugh...What a mess.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#38re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:34am

I'm joining the camp who thinks he has the potential to be terrific.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#39re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:37am

i'm joining the camp

sure you're not just looking for the opportunity to pound a spike?

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#40re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:37am

Roberet Goulet??? They couldn't get anyone else? Whats wrong with this choice?  he's way too old for the part - he's old enough to be Jean Michel's grandfather.

Updated On: 5/8/15 at 10:37 AM

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#41re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:39am

You don't usually get the truth in these matters...it's usually weighed down to a "contract dispute" or "artistic differences", so when they say it's because of an inner cast "feud" I am guessing is accurate.

And I agree, the post is garbage.

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#42re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:50am

This sure is an interesting season for back stage drama, huh?

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

juanatoke
#43re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:58am

True, it's not like the Post is Gospel, but this doesn't sound like all-out "trash" to me. Obviously, something serious went down, like it or not.

Daniel Davis fans tend to be...devout, to say the least. I predict a lot of posts reading "this isn't reliable"... "this can't be true..." ... "we don't really know this, can't really trust that.." But meanwhile this isn't the first time I've heard diva and Daniel Davis mentioned in the same sentence. I think the guy is very talented too, but maybe he's not the most amazing person to work with off-stage. With all the smoke there's gotta be some fire.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#44re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:19am

I know someone who was very close to him and I was told he can be a very nasty man and wasn't suprised that he was fired.

Just give the world Love.

TonyBWay Profile Photo
TonyBWay
#45re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:22am

Robert has been in rehearsals for LaCage for a little under (2) weeks now. You may all have your doubts about him, but he is going to blow your mind. His voice, even today is one of the biggest in the business (even in his 70s). Some of you can argue, you can disagree, you can put him down before he even starts, but you'll see!!!

He officially starts in the show Tuesday April 12, 2005.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#46re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:27am

There is a line in La Cage where George describes his affair with Jean Michels mother , "Sybil was the most beautiful showgirl at the Lido, and I, playing a greek god was pound to pound her match." Since Robert Goulet would have been in his fifties when Jean Michel was concieved maybe they should change the line to "and I, playing a greek gods father"

Updated On: 5/8/15 at 11:27 AM

BoxFive Profile Photo
BoxFive
#47re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:30am

Sad to hear about Davis, he was the best thing in the show in my view, but I'm excited for Goulet, at his present vocal range and age he might just be perfect.

If only this production had taken it's original path and cast both the leads a "bit" younger and made the book a bit "darker". oh well.

Unfledge them of their...perriwigs, And they appear like bald-cootes, in the nest. Beaumont, Knt. Malta, (1616).

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#48re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 11:39am

BUT DAVIS WAS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#49re: daniel davis fired from la cage
Posted: 3/28/05 at 12:17pm

Actually, I think Robert Goulet looks a bit like Robin William's character in the Birdcage.

Videos