SMALLER CAST SHOWS

Joshua488
#25re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:55pm

It has somewhere around ten principals and needs a (semi-)large ensemble. I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you want a show for a smaller cast.

RentBoy86
#26re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 1:46am

The It Girl - 7 cast memebers. Just did it recently and went over HUGE. Everyone loved the show and it sold out every night it played.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#27re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 1:51am

Little by Little- 3

Is There Life After High School?- about 12

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

phantom_tenor Profile Photo
phantom_tenor
#28re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 1:53am

Tell Me On a Sunday re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#29re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 2:51am

It was briefly mentioned but also wanted to put in a vote for Once On This Island. My high school did it my freshman year, such great memories. I just happen to love the show and the music. If not that, then I'd also put a vote in for Into The Woods, just love the show, and we always wanted to do it but our director disliked Sondheim too much. Oh well.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#30re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:11am

Is There Life After High School-9 (But it can be expanded indefinately depending upon how you divide up the monologues and songs)
Updated On: 4/15/05 at 10:11 AM

pab Profile Photo
pab
#31re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:24am

"They're Playing My Song" - 8

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#32re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:30am

Brooklyn - 5

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#33re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 10:43am

Weird Romance. The show is meant to be doubled and tripled with roles, so when we did it we had 11 people, but it could actually probably come down to about 8 or 9.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#34re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 1:57pm

Forever Plaid, you need 4 guys but they need to be really good singers.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#35re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 2:09pm

olympus on my mind- it's 6 guys and 3 girls (i think!)

MTRBOI24
#36re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 4:40pm

Did Kangaroo not say that he wants a larger cast then 19?! People need to READ!!

apdarcey
#37re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/15/05 at 4:44pm

i think kangaroo's definition of small cast shows is different than most people's here. he said less than 40 with a small ensemble, did he not? my thought (and i assume most others') is a show that has no ensemble and generally less than 15 people.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#38re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/16/05 at 12:34am

I'm a SHE but thanks anyway... though it wasn't the exact information I was looking for... I still found the info very interesting because I didn't realize so many shows were done with so few people. But thanks to mtrbo for noticing it said that... but still thanks to everyone else for being willing to give me informatino about shows!

so... anyone know the cast number of Fiddler on the Roof? sorry I keep asking... but musicals pop into my head ~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#39re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/16/05 at 12:36am

you can look a lot of these up on

www.mtishows.com
www.tamswitmark.com
www.rnh.com

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#40re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/18/05 at 11:37pm

What does it mean to have a show "CURRENTLY RESTRICTED" under MTI show choices?

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing

apdarcey
#41re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/18/05 at 11:40pm

you can't get the rights for it at the moment.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#42re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/19/05 at 6:23pm

Do you know how long a show is "currently restricted" for? because some of the shows, though they said "currently restricted"... you could still apply to get the license.

I was just confused... is all

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#43re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:18pm

anyone?

apdarcey
#44re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:27pm

well, it depends on the show. the best way to find out is to call mti.. but what shows are you thinking about?

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#45re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:31pm

YAGMCB
TL5Y
Tick, Tick...BOOM!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#46re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:38pm

Miss Saigon
or Millie

I know that Miss Saigon has a really big ensemble... but I wanted to do it this year or next year [because I still can't guess what the show is going to be]

Updated On: 4/20/05 at 08:38 PM

apdarcey
#47re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 8:40pm

millie is pretty much restricted as long as the national tour is going. miss saigon, i'm not sure why it's restricted, but there's a non-equity national tour of it going right now, so that might have some reason to do with it. your best answer would be to call mti.. but millie you won't get for a while because of the tour.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#48re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:03pm

thanks apdarcy... you've been really helpful and I really appreciate it

Question:
These are the leads I need for next year. The cast should be around 40... I know I said a smaller cast, but apparently the number has changed
I need lead roles for these characters,
(1) lead soprano... more of a classical voice, not much of an actor [her voice is stronger]
(1) lead alto... "broadway type" voice that might be able to carry the show, but is Asian [this plays a major factor at because of racial discrimination]
(1) Bass/baritone with pretty good acting skills, but he doesn't have any vibrato [pleasant, strong voice to listen to]
(1) tenor II with a softer not strong voice a little bigger, not much but does not have the capability to be the main lead [doesn't work very hard]

and as I mentioned, a cast probably around 30 - 40

Thanks for all your help,
kangaroo re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#49re: SMALLER CAST SHOWS
Posted: 4/20/05 at 11:59pm

try TWO BY TWO or YAGMCB

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Videos