pixeltracker

Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?- Page 2

Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#25re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 11:50am

I doubt she will come back to Broadway. I think she has plans to be a big recording artist. Just a thought.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#26re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 12:09pm

eek!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

JoeGillis
#27re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 1:04pm

would eden come as an understudy with Christy going to Chicago? I also think the Nessa casting would make sense

525600minutesWicked Profile Photo
525600minutesWicked
#28re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:21pm

Yeah, I saw Eden in Wicked and she was amazing, and hope to see Brooklyn on the closing night... neways yes it seems that she is to come back to play Elphaba.. since that was the part she understudied for.. who in the world would get the idea that she would take over for Nessa Rose?!

TGIF Profile Photo
TGIF
#29re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:25pm

She understudied Nessa and was a standby for Elphaba.

I want to write music. I want to sit down right now at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember and do the same thing every morning...for the rest of my life. - Jonathan Larson. Tick, Tick...BOOM!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#30re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:26pm

I'd rather see Saycon take over. She has a pleasant voice, but still contains the fury.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#31re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 2:54pm

I prefer the MT belters not the yelling belters...Stephanie J. Block, Jenna and from what I hear Kristy Cates have that GORGEOUS full and HEALTHY belt that sounds wonderful every night!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

IveGottaBeME
#32re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:31pm

one of my friends is in the Wicked cast and told me that she hopes Eden replaces Shoshana.. but no word if she will or is in talks

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#33re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 4:46pm

Eden is not in talks to go bakc to Wicked right now, but, if she told me last week that she would love to go back if they'll take her. I really hope so, she is a far better Elphaba than Shoshana and almost as good as Idina.

Whatever happened to class?

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#34re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 5:49pm

What is this about Idina being the best Elphaba ever. I love her in other things, but I think she was horribly miscast as Elphaba. Give me Kate or Maureen anyday.

Stephanie J. Block is vocally 10x stronger with Idina. Same with Shoshana and Eden.

Let's just face it, whoever they put up there is going to be good. This isn't the kind of role that they would stuntcast, unless the performer could really pull it off.

DefyingPopular
#35re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 5:55pm

Kristy Cates left NYC's Wicked to go to Chicago's, so that could be why there's an Elphaba 'replacement'. Shoshana is contracted till January 2006.

Be it, i'm a Shoshana fan, however I have to say, out of the 3 Elphaba's that I saw, Sho, Idina and Kristy, I have to say, Shoshana was by far the best by acting and singing. Her acting has improved drastically since January, and her singing is so powerful.

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#36re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:05pm

I've heard all of the Elphaba's, and I have to say, that not only was I unimpressed with Saycon and annoyed by Jenna (she had an annoying, teeny pop quality to her voice that didn't work for me) I'm not thrilled with Stephanie J. Block. Great voice, don't get me wrong, but it sounded like she was OVER DOING it big time...I mean, YELLING in certain parts that were just..."CALM DOWN!" re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked? Just my take.

-Vincent

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#37re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:07pm

Vincent-I agree about Saycon but horribly disagree on Steph and Jenna...but to each his own! :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#38re: Sorry if asked already but is Eden coming to Wicked?
Posted: 5/26/05 at 6:09pm

Don't get me wrong about Ms. Block's voice, I think it's great...there are just parts where she's too over the top, for me anyway...

-Vincent

Videos